Sniper Resistance wonky

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by OneShadowWarrior, Apr 5, 2022.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Sniper resistance when it does work, gives me that extra second or two when I get dinged in the head to either return fire or take cover. Which is great when it works. When it doesn't your left asking yourself, did it even work at all?

All the classes besides heavy assault, it's a mixed bag, many of the players tell me it doesn't work at all, I am often perplexed when I do run heavy assault with a full shield on and at full health, I still get dropped in one clear concise headshot with nanoweave/sniper resistance well within 50 meters.

All the bolt action sniper rifles seem unaffected, in many cases even the Daimyo can drop me on one shot. I don't care about the sniper sitting at distance, it's the right in your face or less than 50 meters away. If that was the case the worlds greatest snipers would run into a room with a .50 Barret and room clear in close quarter combat, which is never the case.

There is no reaction time for a player that can cloak and uncloak.
  2. SubsonicBeatz154

That's the thing, the new Nanoweave does NOT give you headshot resistance to snipers, only bodyshot resistance. That's why you are still getting 1-shot most of the time. The description clearly states that it only gives bodyshot resistance.
    • Up x 1
  3. OneShadowWarrior

That’s an outdated description it was changed to -20% sniper resistance and the movement penalty was removed.

Your wrong…..

Rank 1 Nanoweave now reduces sniper rifle (resist type 20) damage by 20% instead of Small Arms (resist type 2)

No longer reduces movement speed

“Dev Note: As part of ongoing experiments with Nanoweave, we’re pulling off the movement speed reduction and moving the resistance of sniper rifles into their own categories that can be contested by this armor. Sniper rifles traditionally have a low skill floor for the bodyshot damage they put out (yet feel bad when they are not given enough body shot damage). Daimyo being a good example. Pushing more of the focus subtly toward headshots thru this method is something we’d like to explore.
  4. OneShadowWarrior

My suggestion is, if you carry a sniper rifle or scout you can’t cloak. You have to equip a pistol.
  5. SubsonicBeatz154

Nanoweave has never granted headshot resistance to any of the damage types it provided resistance to. Or more accurately, headshots bypass Nanoweave. This is true for the current incarnation of Nanoweave, take a good look at the description again in-game. It SPECIFICALLY states bodyshot damage. Check your facts before you claim "outdated information". I'm telling you WHY you are still getting 1-shot by snipers, you are getting headshot, Nanoweave will not protect you from that.

This screenshot is from the current version of the game after the description was updated.
    [IMG]