[Suggestion] Player made bases. more options?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blynn, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Blynn

Player made bases as for now are mainly Nuke setups or vehicle spawn bases, somethimes you see a base made for defence, its great for stopping small attacks. but once you have a squad of armor or just a squad leader with a Outfit nuke at the ready your base mainly has no chance at all, several minutes of work vanished within a blink of an eye. altough armored squads attacking a base still feels alright since you atleast score some kills and slow them down from advancing, still a base is a sitting duck for a Nuke's or Bastion with no defence against it.

i'd like to suggest a change in this.
    Could we add some kind of defence structures? maybe a "Signal Distruptor" or whatever, as of lore if a Orbital strike is called within its range it sends out some kind of Distruption towards the orbital strike, causing it to Fall apart or weaken the Power of the Orbital strike.

afther stopping such an orbital strike it would have to recharge just like the Orbital stike Uplink. regaining its range and effectiveness. this way a base is no sitting duck anymore from Orbitals just like befor but 2 orbitals could still be Devastating. It could also be used for support as it could save your fellow faction players a while away from an orbital strike. to balance it out if you placed this building you can no longer place an Orbital strike Uplink in your base, so you'd have to choose if you want to go defence or offense.

A second idea would be Anti-Missile launchers. again a Defensive choice. it would Shoot at anything Coming from Above for example everything from 30-150 degrees From the AML - this way ground rounds/rockets would mainly be ignored unless it fly's over it. (The AML would ignore bullet rounds or anything to small), In order to balance this defencive system it needs Ammo, so it would have to be close too a Ammo terminal. it can shoot 4 rockets to prevent incoming fire befor it has to "reload" wich can take about 4.2 sec or so. this way it won't stop all air strikes. unless you place more of those defence systems, but they do take in space.
  2. RabidIBM

I might do some details differently, but just in general yes please to more things for construction to do. It's been the unwanted step child for a long time now. Adding insult to injury we're supposed to be grateful for our console UI getting scrambled because it was "A construction update".
  3. TR5L4Y3R

PMBs offer plenty options already ... really the only primary things i´d change bout PMBs is that as a single builder to be allowed to set 3 of any defenses of your choosing instead of being hardlimited to one of each
    and to make bases more resilient how it was in the introductiondays of PMBs with the repairmodule ... if not invincible than walls should get a significant damageressistence

i don´t think it´s a good idea to add too many automated defenseoptions specialy missilelaunchers .. there needs to be a fair level for people who try and take out these bases .. PMBs shouldn´t be able to just defend themselfs when there is no infantry around to protect them
  4. karlooo

The game must be redesigned, construction will never be part of the game's objective.

But if the game stays as it is then, then guns, like manually controlled ATGMs, auto cannons that you can place inside your structures like some engineer mana turret but from an ANT for the Cortium resources (and get rid of that ******* HP drain when there is not Silo)...That's all that can be added to give it real meaningful purpose, so you can at least fight for the land you built on.
  5. Blynn

-r- would be nice to be able to have more turrets and such as a solo player, but if an allied charracter would join in and all your turrets already are placed, he would also be able to place a turret still... unless you have an option befor building the base if it will be open for all/squad or for solo play... or have a Global MAX amount of turrets that can be placed in the Silo's range perhaps.
  6. Blynn

-r- Construction may not be the main objective but it can be SO effective if made right. it can stop whole zergs if you get the support from allied players and has the power to turn the coin of who's winning. especially on Oshur now. in other continents the place where you can build a real effective base is very limited mostly but Holy damn have i made some bases that proven to be a pain in the *** for enemy's, but like i said befor, from the moment a Bastion or 1 nuke comes close your base has no chance on survival... i'd wish it had atleast some kind of resistance to those.

i would not rly give bases more Offensive weapons, as from experience, what we can use now can already do massive damage to all types of enemy's. altough i'd like a improvement in the AI Modules making the turrets shoot by itself, as it somethimes still won't shoot even tough enemy is clearly visable and closeby
  7. RabidIBM

You might think it's effective in stopping zergs, until someone learns what a beacon is. Then the control point at the base behind the PMB flips, the timer starts, the defending players redeploy back and abandon the PMB. Hope you enjoyed your 2 minutes of action for 2 hours of set up.

Anyone who complains that bases are hard to kill is obviously trying to kill them solo. 3 players can handily dismantle any PMB in a couple minutes. That is, unless it is both defended and logically built, in which case of course it's a fight and they're just complaining about not getting an easy win.
  8. Blynn

eh good point, but i'm glad wit hthe fights my bases created. but yea its a large guess on if ure base will be skipped or not indeed.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

... easy win really is, build a flail ... if the enemy comes and counters you ... just do it again .. like i just made a silo and the flail .. and that´s it ... it is a bit of fun for a couple minutes ... now imagine 3 guys with flails of their own .. huuh boi !

otherwise specifically on off peak hours it´s not a big problem to build a proxybase to a location you know will have a good ammount of back and fourth .. and it doesn´t require that much upfront prep ..

it rather becomes problematic when you have battleflow with significant momentum to one direction were it gets difficult to keep up building, in this case it would be a big QoL addition if you could just take your existing base or parts of and just quickly redeploy them to the new area ....
  10. RabidIBM

You have a fair point there. Part of what kills construction is the difficulty in predicting battle flow. Oh look, I built somewhere a bit back from the front to prepare for an attack, then my side turned it back and have taken 3 more bases. Looks like I built all this for nothing...
    • Up x 1
  11. TR5L4Y3R

ANT deliverymodule could slightly alliviate the problem, thing is DBG needs to decrease no buildzones, it would make PMB building more flexible ..
    thing is players that aren´t in outfits can´t really go out their way to build huge bases .. i conditioned myself to just build small proxyoutposts .. like a small spawnpoint with a spawntube and vehicle terminal or just flail firebases ..

think proxy barracks or vehicle factory in RTS games .... similar principle