Heavy Assault Directives are Horrible

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LiquidSleep, Apr 4, 2022.

1. LiquidSleep

I've been trying to get the heavy assault auraxium armor for the NSO and I've been able to complete most directives with ease. Kills, launcher kills, and max kills easy. Air deterrence annoying but doable. (lock-on's aren't very good but thank goodness for harasser turret counting these).

But then you have Anti-vehicle grenade kills and Heavy weapon Assists?
    The anti-vehicle grenades rarely get vehicle kills and are bad against infantry so that would take forever.
    I've been using the thumper nonstop and have nearly auraxiumed it and I'm only at 400~ assists...
    Why not just make it heavy weapon kills? You get way more kills than assists AND you're asking me to get 2000 assists.
    I'd much rather get 3000 heavy weapon kills, at least then you would have to play this super awful playstyle where you nearly kill people and hope you're teammates kill them.

Why not have ground vehicle damage or damage absorbed by the shield like in the mission?
    These are things heavy assault players actually do a lot of and wouldn't force you to play and awful playstyle.

Certain amounts of killstreaks, double kills, triple kills, LMG kills. These are other things I think are really relevant to what Heavy Assaults do.
  2. karlooo

The reward is terrible, the armor IMO visually is the ugliest piece of equipment in the game. You get rewarded by looking worse than before lol

Buut .. if you have money that's a whole different story, hell, the devs will even decimate the games performance to get some easy money by adding a million ****** assets.

What I'm trying to say is that the devs will not work on something that doesn't bring them money. The construction directives are impossible to complete, it's that badly designed, and I've suggested a simple way to fix it long time ago but they still keep it as it is.
  3. Tunashamed

The class directive achievements have always been imbalanced, so having HA aurax'd is an achievement in itself. I'll admit it doesn't feel good at all, but its a known thing that if you want that shiny HA armor you gotta work for it.
  4. T.A.94

Perhaps it is because NSOs don't have a faction specific heavy weapon?????

Good thing the NSO ARX armor is leagues better compared to the other factions ARX armors.
  5. JibbaJabba

Chuckles in rocket launcher directive