SERVER PING SPIKING CURRENTLY

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by murderface645, Mar 21, 2022.

1. murderface645

Ping spikes around 200ms to 600ms latency. Issue occurred at 3:45 am UTC. Sent a ticket through as Wrel suggested on twitter and they said to send it to the forums. Sever is Connery and Char is Murderface645TR. Hope this helps.
    • Up x 1
  2. Mithril Community Manager

Thanks for this report, we'll keep an eye on this.
  3. OneShadowWarrior

It's hitting again on Connery during prime time at 8:47 pm. Some people are getting disconnects or cannot connect in, others like myself seeing massive fluctuations of server latency in 2300 ms. The game is virtually unplayable.
  4. blackboemmel

Is anyone keeping an eye on the freezes?
    • Up x 1
  5. Mephidorum

I was on Connery last night (4/3/22) and was running into MASSIVE latency spikes, up to about 20k ms at times, and others were reporting the same thing. The biggest spike that I had seen happened around the same time an orbital strike was hitting.
  6. Mithril Community Manager

Hello everyone, here is our latest update regarding this:

Connery Server Latency: We're aware of extremely high latency for players connecting to Connery from Asia and Australia. This may be due to routing issues from those environments. It would be extremely helpful if you could submit tickets to CS through this portal: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/categories/204228447-PLANETSIDE-2

We need your character name, server, the time of the incident, ISP, and PC specs if possible. CS will work with you if they need more specific information beyond that point. I realize there is a lot of friction associated with this process, but if we can find the exact jumps where these slowdowns occur, we can work with network providers to try to circumvent these problem areas. Fixing this issue for one person tends to fix it for many people, so thank you in advance for those of you submitting tickets.