Is the lore page gone from the website?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RasmusXVI, Mar 30, 2022.

1. RasmusXVI

It used to be an option in the feed but I can't find it now, is it archived somewhere so I can read it?
    • Up x 1
  2. AuricStarSand

" would somebody please think of the lore " - the simpsons
  3. RasmusXVI

precisely
  4. SilentSueRia

I am going to guess, it is because they are changing the stories history.
    When SOE still owned the PS franchise they created, one fo the biggest complaints about PS1 is it had no lore.
    With PS2 they did have lore and if I remember right, it used to go something like this.

Humanity on the verge of extinction after a huge war. Scientist find something techy, has visions of Vanu. The Terrain Republic and New Conglomerate make peace and organize a team of scientist to research this Vanu thingy that leads to making a ship or fleet to go threw some wormhole. they get threw said wormhole and it closed right behind them. They send landing parties to some relevant plant. Discover more tech. Rebirth tech is discovered and the TR gets greedy. Tries to hide the tech and cut ff NC from the efforts before restarting fighting. The scientist of Vanu leak out the rebirth tech to NC and go rogue from the TR forming the Vanu sovereignty. Now everything is in a 3 faction war.

At least that is a super simplified summery of the old lore that SOE made.
    If that page is gone now, then Daybreak is likely re-writing it to suit the new direction they wanna go with the game.
    The Mercenary Robot Faction doesn't exist in the SOE lore after all.
    Daybreak likely doesn't want a singled out "Villain" faction. SOE has a singled out "Villain" Faction.
    They also don't want a singled out "Hero" faction either, so Daybreak is re-writing PlanetSide History.
  5. RasmusXVI

I know about the general lore and backstory of things, the lore pieces I'm thinking about is for example a story they wrote years ago about two friends who knew each other but chose to join two different factions, think it was Vanu and TR. The friends argued about which one was better and so on and you got an insight on how the factions affected people on a personal level. I think they had a few of these stories who followed some people in their daily lives in the factions. But I can't find them anymore on the website.
  6. Johannes Kaiser

Sounds about right, iirc. They had 3 short stories, one for each faction, they were pretty good. The most amusing moment was when the VS protagonist - who was the brother of the TR POV character who got killed ~2 weeks before respawning became a thing - was thinking how happy he was to not be fighting in this stupid war.* Only for his boss to barge into the lab and happily announce that they now were the VS and happily stuck their head into the blender as well for no discernible reason. The mental facepalm there was sooo funny.

* Stupid in multiple ways. Firstly his sister had died only shortly before she could have been brought back (lost a family member), which adds insult to injury to her death (timing). And now noone can die any more, so this whole war is bound to last indefinitely. Understandable how one would be glad to NOT be stuck in it.