Game Error G15 Malfunction After New Update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nakron, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Nakron

Yes thats right after the new update i can't even log in into the game anymore the game starts but when i press play on character selection it goes to logging in then freezes the screen and after a few minutes the game closes and put me on the ps2 browser telling me about the error ''G15 Malfunction : You may need to adjust your firewall settings to play PlanetSide 2. Contact Technical Support for assistance.'' the funny thing is before this new update it was everything working until yesterday i never had to turn off my antivirus or firewall so i turned off my antivirus and firewall and the game still crashing how i fix this? i mean im almost sure that the devs needs to fix it as fast as possible this issue it seems its not a problem on our side since was working fine until yesterday.
    • Up x 8
  2. Ping

I have the same problem. I can get around it by rebooting my computer, then I can log in once. If I log out to character select or exit the game I encounter the G15 error and have to reboot to fix it.
    • Up x 2
  3. The Grand Crusader

Same here. Tried rebooting and clearing my DNS cache as well as disabling my antivirus. Nothing has worked. It was working fine this morning before the update.
    • Up x 2
  4. Mithril Community Manager

Thanks all we're investigating this particular issue.
  5. The Grand Crusader

So after attempting to log in with my main characters on Emerald, I decided to try my alts on Connery and was able to get into the game. So it might be a server issue with Emerald.
  6. SubsonicBeatz154

This seems to be a problem specifically with Emerald. I can login to my character on Connery, but trying to login to any of my characters on Emerald gives me the G15 error. So I would assume that means Emerald's login server is down. EDIT: Someone already beat me to it lol.
    • Up x 2
  7. Mithril Community Manager

Got it, thanks for the update. We're looking into it.
    • Up x 1
  8. 1nco

Same issue.
    • Up x 1
  9. ieat2by8s

same
    • Up x 1
  10. Mithril Community Manager

Hey everyone those of you encountering this error, please reply below with the name of your Internet Service Provider.

Thanks!
    • Up x 1
  11. ieat2by8s

12. Evil.Iguana

Verizon Fios
  13. Ping

T-Mobile
  14. Solintix

15. Mithril Community Manager

Ok thank you. Our team is continuing to investigate the issue further. I will post again as soon as I have an update.
  16. Mithril Community Manager

We are performing a server restart of Emerald to address this error. I will let you know when to report back to us with your experience in a bit.
  17. CommanderTherius

same issue (Emerald Only): X-finity
  18. adark1213

same issue, only play on emerald. xfinity/comcast
  19. The Grand Crusader

20. Kraytox

Its working now Thanks for the hard work =)