TR overpop on PS4 is rampant because they have no downsides

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mechwolf, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Mechwolf

For every single TR weapon, it's a VS weapon that has higher fire rate and ammo capacity to make up for the fire rate, giving it zero drawback to having more dps than all the other infantry weapons.

The prowler AP can deal twice the damage as a magrider's, and can kill a lightning before it gets a chance to shoot back, and have the speed to close the gap between a magrider and a vanguard for an instant advantage, and can deploy a front-shield to compensate for their lockdown fire rate mechanic.

hellfire pods deal rapid damage to ground infantry, making them much easier to use than slow-firing dual pods.

And their chaingun can out-dps, sweep corners, and have laser-like accuracy, AND has the best damage at range thanks to it's accuracy; giving it all the advantages of the other heavy weapons, with no downsides.

The biggest annoyance is truly the mag capacity being higher, while they also have better TTK than the other two factions. Why do they get two strengths, while the other two factions have a strength and a weakness?
    • Up x 1
  2. Mechwolf

and please, don't use "no bullet drop" in a game that has close range render distance as an excuse to justify that VS has nerfed TR weapons, the bullet drop is hardly noticeable once you stop using iron sights.
  3. RabidIBM

What BR is your TR?
  4. RRRIV

probably 10 lmao.

alt take, they are VS and are making a troll post
  5. Mechwolf

It's like 30 or 40 something, I'm observing from statistics as well as just... people avoiding fighting TR during every alert for these reasons.... their overpop is insane, VS is always fighting 2 to 1, the vets left because they're the most beat on faction, and TR has the highest player retention because they're the easiest to use.
  6. Mechwolf

NC actually has to actually strategize, that's why Warpigs and OeO are well known on NC, and VS has little to no strategic outfits, every strategy they used to have, has been nerfed to where they need over 4 people to cert into the same items.

TR has one outfit built on strategy, RCCA, and then everybody else flocks to TRSF or RISE because you really don't have to think, it's just spraying in one direction, how much can you build on that?

At least with NC weapons (minus the godsaw) their rapid fire weapons aren't great at range due to high recoil, and thanks to VS's no bullet drop, their weapons have much more spread at range, and no bullet velocity to compensate.
  7. Mechwolf

I've been playing this game for 7 years, and within those 7 years, all I've ever seen is VS get major nerfs, and TR had a rework of the striker.

And MAX crashing was an organized strategy that was destroyed.

After I had wiped 4 veteran VS players with a close to stock light assault, I knew TR weapons were OP as hell.

How come every content creator plays a TR character to show massive killstreaks, and never VS or NC? Can't just be a general consensus to promote one faction.
  8. OneShadowWarrior

I just use NS or NSX weapons. Vanu weapons been in the trash bin for years since the Critical Mass update when they nerfed them into the ground.

Don’t worry NSO is there to balance the populations out (coughs).

People are gearing up for the power of TR and NC.
  9. Twin Suns

The downside is the TR still get smashed. ;)

o7
    • Up x 1
  10. Touchmaballs

Ps4 players do not have the same accuracy as pc. It might be the case that the extra bullets TR gets makes game balance incompatible if everyone is using gamepad vs everyone using mouse keyboard. Everything else you say is utter trash. You want a two man vehicle to not out dps a cheaper one person non team playing tank