New mines need improvements

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Demigan, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Demigan

The new mines wont be used as much. They cost the same as a regular mine and the advantage of a dead/damaged enemy is often superior to a blinded/concussed/EMP'd one.
    Additionally these mines need to be watched (something I totally agree with though). If no one from your faction is there to capitalize on the detonation then the mine is wasted. Regular anti-infantry mines can also be stacked for a higher chance of a OHK, letting you get kills without needing to be nearby.

The best use would be something like against a large rush into your building, but walls would deflect the blast and only the most upfront players would get hit. only EMP will go through walls and be useful there (although I did not test if EMP mine blasts go through walls). And even then, damaging or outright killing some of the first players will almost always be superior.

These mines need something extra, for example:
    - Make them cheaper, 25 to 50 resources. And let players place more at a time.
    - give them more utility, sticky capabilities so you can attach them to walls and ceilings.
    - give them multiple charges, allowing one mine to go off two or three times. This can either be "once triggered, it will go off every second until its charges are spend" or "it will go off, then go dormant for a second or two before the next player can trigger it".*

The only alternative is to nerf regular AI mines to no longer OHK (say 900 damage) and arent allowed to stack anymore (they'll detonate if place too close to each other). That way all mines require players to remain close to capitalize on them being triggered. That would be the best option to me but fat chance on that, people love themselves a cheap no-skill kill.

*pick one or two, all 3 would likely be too much.
    • Up x 2
  2. Granveil

AFAIK they already do stick to walls and ceilings (and on occasion, players).

It might depend on how the nano changes shake things up. If more people bring Flak there might be more interest. Having more, cheaper, and stickier mines offers more opportunities to benefit but doesn't guarantee results like Prox does. So I don't think all 3 is too much- at the end of the day, prox will always have the highest odds of getting someone killed.
  3. Honor Guard

got to say this,it would also be nice to give the mines a small delay before triggering possibly (So say the first of a enemy runs in,sets off the timer,than his buddies come in and they all get effected)

Otherwise agreed with you on this but I would like to see how the nanoweave nerf plays out (people will start picking up different suit slots due to nanoweave becoming less valued ; Bets on flak armor,which will make more people feel lethal explosives are less powerful)
    • Up x 1
  4. AntDX316

They should remove the mines from being empire-specific and make it where people can use them all. An EMP grenade can destroy all of the mines if they are arranged to be OP. An EMP thumper should also be able to destroy all that "hard-work" stacked.
  5. AuricStarSand

These utility mines that don't auto kill the enemy, still cost too much. 75 < 50 for them. Also yes I'd like them to be all empire based mines, as I'm not gonna make a alt for a class I main on a account that is ASP 2 94.

So as well as asking for general emp mine use without having to play NC. The flash mine I haven't used. Repair grenade is still too pricey too (3/4th the price of asp discount sunderers = 100 nanites). Flash mine only hits 1 person at a time, less than 10% of the time. If that.

So its really a 1 verse 1 utility mine. I suppose your able to suicide a flash mine at a mob of enemies, tho why wouldnt you just throw a flash grenade? My proximity mine does score a kill 3/4th of the time some1 steps.

So yes I'd make these " new mines " usuable for all factions. Priced at 50 nanites. & also buff their aoe range by 40% more.
    Also I'm nearing 100 ASP 2. Yet zero stalker based asp skills to use yet. Stalkers rarely use grenades ever. They mainly run around with knives or pistols & don't prioritize throwing over mine nanites.

So ASP for infil stalker, would help pistols, buff knives or give knives bonus utility effect attachments (similar to the new ammo types for pistols, yet for knives too). Or being able to hold 3 mines total per run. Wrist shield for knifer. Roll dodge ability. Giving a 2nd gun option won't help stalker, less they allow stalker to use 2 pistols.

Then also implants speed implants. & I miss Icarus I'd like a speed stealth spec too. Sweet.
    • Up x 1
  6. VV4LL3

Well said.
    Need some NSO love though for NSO mains & only.

*wink wink*
  7. VV4LL3

Exactly! Why injure when you can kill?