[Suggestion] The Rock Bridge Thread. & other unique environment talks. wheat fields / trenches / bunkers / jungle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Mar 16, 2022.

1. AuricStarSand

[IMG]

The people have spoken. They want Rokk Bridge. I'd suggest a double stacker. Two or Three Rock bridges that are near the other boulder bridges. Boulders for infantry to hide, bushes too. Than LA jumps from 1 boulder bridge to the other.

As for Indar & TI. If the devs want that gully to have more vehicles fights, ridding the rokk bridge wasn't the solution. After testing that is. So then? Hydro hill south of TI: improve that with diff interesting plateau's for vehicles for attacking & defenders to find more entertainment there.

Then North of Crown that hill is unfavorable. Attackers have no high ground. Even with the low D point gone, I'm not even sure if D point being gone from below the north hill of the Crown is a good thing. I kinda liked that point down there. Better, than the B point box fight. Nobody really likes to run to B. C point needs a mini event near it.

A point bridge: would be sweet if you could just get your team to gather resources, to blow the A point bridge apart haha. I'm so over that bridge, I like that bridge, tho just want to nuke it too by in game means, not a os. Or something to do verses that bridge everyone just sits at Like emp the area button lever.

I'd say just throw a point on the bigger bridge that is in between TI & Crown. & see how that plays out for a few months. The TI Vehicle garage is still placed wack, it needs to drive out facing away from the Crowns airpads. The grassfield fights are the best fights, the grass needs a event, like if ur your on the grass than this special event is activated. TBH THE GRASS needs capture the flag, well not needs, tho x10 more entertaining, if my harasser was able to capture the flag, from TI grass, all the way to Regent Rock grassfields, for example.

Moving on this isn't just a Rock Bridge memorial / rip thread. Or wishing the devs rebuild a new bridge thread. It's also a environment item thread, to help the devs see what environment items the players want added. The most:

- Trenches WW1 style. For miles. For attackers to siege warpgate regions, that have events.
    - Beach Bunkers w/ boat invasion region / Normandy style for Oshur / calptrops / uboats.
    - Waterfall esf fly cave for Oshu with construction area after moving beyond waterfall cavern.
    - Pirates coves, coastal areas that already have dev made buildings built, that looks like sci fi pirate coves.
    - Wheat fields, TALL grass. Simple as that. Its a infantry verse vehicle game & theirs no tall grass? Barnyard.
    - Vietnam Jungles. The nearest to a vietnam fight was purple campaign esamir top right purple tree landscape?
    - Mist, tons of mist, so infantry hides, cloakers hide, mist fog everywhere.
    - Oshur to have darker water areas as well / dark blue (its too tropical).
    - More Seagulls for Oshur, really makes the map more alive.
    - More clouds for Oshur, the clouds you have now are super, so why not more.
    - If you add jungles to Oshur, then make them dense w/ vines People forget that Hossin is a swamp, not Jungle.
    - dense underwater items, like kelp, fish, alien whales, koral, dead subs, plane debris.
    - night time to last x2 or x3 more time.
    - sand upgrades
    • Up x 2
  2. brutes359

Well, that just goes to show you that players LIKE base hardpoints. Contrary to the claims of the devs, hard points and chokepoints are fun when both sides have the strength to engage them. I remember my early days as a TR MAX pouring mercy fire across the rock bright to cover my team as they moved up, with the whole enemy team trying to stop me. I also remember playing the NC MAX and using my shield to push those same lines to act as the bulwark to my allies as we pushed through enemy lines....all gone now though. I must admit that I would like the rock bridge to return, and now that we have placeable defenses such as explosive dampeners and Arial defense shields, I think these kinds of battles would be more interesting now then ever before.

I would caution though against over-stuffing the environment with too much cover. The devs must not forget how unpopular Hossin was. The best types of battlefields are those with good positions to attack and defend from, and who have a good healthy amount of no-mans-land between them with just enough cover to allow movement to either side (with an equally healthy amount of risk involved). If these things can be achieved, I agree that your suggestions sound fantastic and would vary much help the game by adding battlefield diversity to spice up engagements.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kapyong

Give us the Rock !
    Give us the Bridge !

Give us the RockBridge !
    • Up x 2
  4. AntDX316

The Ti Alloys rock bridge has to come back.
  5. Twin Suns

It’ll come back as a “Toll Bridge”. A hundred DBG grip to cross it. For subscribing members it’s free. :)