[Suggestion] Player Base Power Hub (Connects Lanes)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VV4LL3, Mar 18, 2022.

1. VV4LL3

As a player, to add a dynamic to locked attack lanes and increase the strategic nature of shaping the map by players, could the following tech tree be implemented:

Construction:

Power Hub (Cortium Costs TBD)
    Connects Bases within X hexes, does not connect Laboratories/ Interlinks/ Tridents
    Prerequisite: Orbital Uplink, Elysium Tube

Developer Note: The limitation to connecting bases that are within X hexes severely controls the location of effectively placement. Requirement of an Silo, Orbital Uplink and Elysium Tube slows the blitz captures, identifies the base location to all factions, and adds a little lore requirement. If communication relays were still in the game, that would make sense to have as a prerequisite as well.

How would this work?

Only connects when inside friendly territory and "snaps" a link to the nearest "not connected" territory within X range--this prevents a logic issue where multiple hostile bases are potentially equidistant.
  2. SilentSueRia

Heh, kind of sounds similar to the silo networking idea I have.
    Though I suppose my version is more restrictive in the fact that you would have to have the boarder of the silo powering area's right next too each other and a limit of 5 silo's could be connected together. and the only way too allow the connection would end up being to add upgrade modulets that require the silo networking upgrade modulet too be added to 1 of 2 slots.