Routers always out of range

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by RabidIBM, Jan 30, 2022.

1. RabidIBM

I had a bug yesterday where no matter where I tried to place the router it said it was out of range. I even tried to place it literally beside the spire and it said out of range.

Whatever code applies the new 500m restriction is bugging out.
    • Up x 8
  2. SquirtAttack

I have also had a similar experience, but I could place it up to 250 meters out, but beyond that it was saying I was out of range. Technically, I should be able to place it 500 meters out.
    • Up x 1
  3. lemurwrangler

Whatever code applies the new 500m restriction is bugging out
  4. lemurwrangler

bump / Whatever code applies the new 500m restriction is bugging out
  5. Firesalamander

6. MiniReaper

To add; this is still not working. Seems to be related to when the server is dying the routing spire seems to count as not being powered; at least from my observations.
  7. Mithril Community Manager

Hello, can you try capturing this issue as it happens on your computer? If you can link us to a video of it that would be helpful. Thanks!
    • Up x 1
  8. Agent10110

i also had that issue today with my Router. I was't able to place it at all. The game always said:" Router has failed deployment: Outside of Router Spire Area." . Even 5m next to the Spire.

Information:
    Server: Miller
    Fraktion: NS (TR ; not freelance)

Here is a Video :
    • Up x 2
  9. Durwyn

when that happens, deconstruct your spire and rebuild it, take the router and try to place it.

not great when it happens if you are in a hurry, but you know we try whatever works heh ;p
  10. Mithril Community Manager

Thanks Durwyn, the team is going to keep an eye on this but if anyone else is encountering this please report it here if possible. Thanks!
    • Up x 1
  11. Kyliz

this also happens to me
  12. lemurwrangler

this also happens to me
  13. Evil.Iguana

Same issue here. Every time I try to deploy a router it fails.
  14. Squeedwad

This also happens to me, consistently, tried logging out and logging back in. Tried blowing my router spire to kindom come, reconstructing it and then trying again, to no avail. (Was unaware of the deconstructing tool)

Server: Connery
    Date: Last 2 days (got the router 2 days ago)
    Character; Sgtwad

Here's video evidence if required of several attempts:
    • Up x 1
  15. Mithril Community Manager

Thanks for the reports everyone, this bug has a fix in the upcoming Arsenal update.
    • Up x 1
  16. Zimat

Still broke, haven't been able to place a router in weeks, even right next to the routing spire.
    • Up x 1
  17. Mithril Community Manager

@Zimat we can confirm there is a bug with router placement as an NSO. We'll look into it.
    • Up x 2
  18. Zimat

Thank you for looking into this.