[Suggestion] Need more targeted objective bases.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Mar 2, 2022.

1. AntDX316

Need more targeted objective bases like Heyoka Chemical Lab with those bridges. Having more creative ways to take objectives would be cool. Point holds and other things.. if a new cont gets made it would be nicer if it's not 100% the same as we have in terrain wise as the only different thing. Maybe having half water for boats, half Metropolis (terrarium?/utopia map), and having More objectives for people to gather in order to win (like the game mode Assault in UT2003/2004 or the Battlefield 3/4 game mode called Rush?) that is designed very well for fun like the Oshur bridges would make the game play More better than what we have now.

The games design code allows for insane potential for Many other things that have yet to be discovered. All of us can only hope the developers work on more ways to play that make it enjoyable and at least "balanced" though there shouldn't be a fear of releasing something that could be too OP as tweaks can happen soon after..

If the terrain can be changed like when a tank shell hits the ground it makes a divet and the divets can get bigger up to a certain point, buildings/walled/roofs destroyed, ability to repair, other things too like some GTA5 missions where people have to complete some "mini-game" to pass the objective while not dying (team cover) it would Add more to the games value.

The greatest thing to in Battlefield 3/4 was when you blow up a wall, you can reach the objective better and ultimately at the end of the game when all the walls are destroyed on an important last point to win the game, Everyone piles to that location creating an amazing experience that isn't entirely Impossible to take no matter how "easy" it may seem to defend. Most of the time when I used to call gg on any game when we were definitely way ahead, 80% of the time we lost.
    • Up x 1
  2. RabidIBM

I fully agree, more varried base designs and objectives would be great. Point holding L buildings and triple stacks is great and all for 10 minutes but...
  3. AntDX316

yeah, would take a lot of good and deep thinking to get right and from what I've seen with Containment Sites and Oshur(well-thought out), the potential is definitely there.
  4. Demigan

I've posted the idea for more secondary objectives before. I recall that your opinion was "it would break the game and be aweful" or something similar. Also lightbridges are an NDZ on steroids, since it not only prevents the Sunderer from deploying closer, it also prevents the other vehicles from coming closer and in case of Heyoka extremely limits the attack routes of the infantry.
    You could ofcourse enhance that system by also adding player-made secondary objectives. It would add more variety to the game as players place these based on the situation now and something like the Forwards Station would constantly change where, how and why the frontlines move among other idea's that you can place down.

The changing terrain feature is bad. PS2's world is not set up for it. They would have to go into the code and alter the thin single one-way walls of the ground AND ONLY THE GROUND with some limits and make sure those dynamics take effect and then be very very thoughtful of how it would interact with stuff. Like making dimples at the edge of a building wall would now let players get underneath and shoot through the floor for free kills. So now you also have to add some dynamic that excludes this near buildings or give all buildings another layer on the floor which either way adds processing power needed for all PC's.
    Its a mess that should have required the game to be build around it, not something you can just dump in whenever you like.

Destroyable walls on the other hand? If you add JUST A FEW specially created weak structures you can handle them as secondary objectives as well. Just make sure you give the defenders a chance to repair them back up so it doesnt become a game of wall-attrition that makes it easier and easier for the attackers as time goes by.
  5. AntDX316

Hopefully what exist in some parts of the game were an experiment for better development. Having players extend the NDZ with devices is what not to do. Having players extend their force out to prevent successful deployment is what to do.

For example, Grey Heron on Esamir, extending that NDZ would be more problematic. It's not like it's hard to kill the spawns for that. It's a Huge hassle to get more spawns up there. Sure, during prime times and massive pop it can be a bit difficult to kill but this was "earned".

There's at least 1 map on Hossin? where there are mini circles that are like an extended NDZ. It's incredibly dumb to put it there. No idea why it's there as the sunderer would have to be out in the open instead. There are other bases where you can place the sunderer inside the buildings and closer to A point.
  6. Demigan

Again:
    - The NDZ generators I proposed do not function like you pretend them to be.
    - it is NOT limited to NDZ generators. There are dozens of other options that could be added. Saying the idea doesnt work because you misinterpret one idea does not make for a solid argument.
  7. AntDX316

I'm not sure why you care so much about NDZ.. imo the NDZ of bases should be Less. Back when you could put a sunderer on the control points or by spawn... was the awesome way but indeed it's better now but some NDZs are in the wrong spots like the devs didn't bother to "fix it". The sunderer (bus barn) is supposed to have no NDZ but on At least one base you have to be 2/3 out of the bus barn to deploy. It makes me look like an "idiot" to my squad and VS especially when the outfit tag is on it if it just isn't for my name. Some people would think about how "stupid" they are for putting it like that and not all the way in without saying anything. Like the people who see stats and think it's "unimpressive" because you do so many other things but what "They" care about. I think way back there were no force fields on the spawn room and vehicles had corpses that lasted for a bit.

Would be nice if the devs could have a look at all the NDZs real quick and adjust without saying anything like how the explosions seem to be better as noticed by other members. I think they are better too.. but I didn't really pay attention to anything other than the difference between how it is now and that greyed out GPU setting set to the highest which was an Exceptional special FX experience.

Phsyx still exist.. so this all can still be brought back. Work with Nvidia and Sony Online Entertainment(talks) to create the most awesome Phsyx-ready game of 2022/2023?? Somehow collaborate with all of them so when people load in people see nvidia and SOE logos on the launchpad and when loading? Could even put them all around the walls of sanctuary too. Imo commercial advertising should happen in the game so the game gets enough funding and more. Maybe people can join on-board to help make the game better?

Would be cool to add QRcodes to the game people can scan with their phones for codes and such.. Planetside 2 app? Special features, etc.
    [IMG]
  8. Demigan

Me: deployed secondary objectives, NDZ gens for example
    Ant: WHAT THE HELL NO NDZ HORRIBLE IDEA RANDOM RANDOM
    me: thats not how that works, thats not how any of that works.
    Ant: why do you care so much?!?

Look you dont really respond to what I write. For example now you have a story about how some NDZ area's are badly designed. So what? Ask the devs to design them better. Hell incorporate the NDZ gens into it: smaller NDZ area's everywhere, let players fill in the area with NDZ gens. But my suspision is that your next post is, again, going to be some random rant. If not, bonus! But thats just it, a bonus, not what I expecy to happen on a regular basis.
  9. InexoraVC

Community: suggestions, bug reports, construction system changes, bla-bla-bla

Devs: Oshur
    • Up x 1
  10. AntDX316

The problem is people put spawns down Before NDZs go up because the base ownership flows change dynamically. Unless you are trying to do some stuff like hacking vterms/air terms on enemy bases to disrupt their vehicle pulling then NDZ would be a cool addition. It could be Havoc if they were setup in the trees or some super hard spot to get to considering the radius was infinitely vertical not like how the Citadel Shield is being a bubble radius in a 360° from the center.

I would agree too for the 25m* NDZ deployable(should be a limit of 2? per player) If the NDZ radius on All bases becomes at Least 50% less in radius. I think NDZs should only be 25m from the center of Each point and spawn room. Maybe even 15m. I'm not entirely sure how big the NDZ is on the bases we have now but it shouldn't be too big otherwise it could be impossible to put Any spawn. Considering how mega super bugged the game is at times where you can't put /sitreps on bases that You are already capping and having the No-deploy zone bug when doing construction on the whole map and every continent until you close the game, also including the oshur water waves environment bug on Any continent at times, it might not be a good idea. I didn't even include the too far from router, cannot place when you are 2 feet from it and the only way is to delete your current router terminal and make a new one. 25m would be balanced because 50m is quite big.

The current NDZ needs to be checked on every base. I'm not a developer so I'm not sure how "hard" it is to do. I just think repositioning it a bit on every base shouldn't take too long especially when they have a team of people. If each of them looks at 10 bases each it can get done fast. The NDZ of one base where you have to deploy your cloaked sunderer 2/3 out of the bus barn sunderer base garage is ugly especially when new people look at your sunderer and you without saying anything and think you don't know wtf you are doing.
  11. Demigan

Lets focus on this brainfart.

The "dynamic ownership flow" is rather predictable: base gets captured, attackers take to the field to move to the next base, deploy a Sunderer at the next base, start attack.

So defenders have the option to deploy an NDZ before the Sunderer gets there. DUH. You are just moving goalposts.

Also I have no idea what the hell vehicle terminals have to do with my idea.

In the interest of not fouling the other post with a "discussion" between you and me:

The joke is you.
    First of all I keep reminding you that the NDZ gen is just ONE OF THE options. The Forwards Station and new Router proposed here are some other options. However YOU, AntDX316, are the one who constantly obsesses over NDZ gens despite me constantly reminding you its just one example.

Second of all you treat the teleport-router as the old Router. Which is dumb, because if you paid attention the Routerpad now needs 2 to function. So if someone were to make a pointroom impossible to take because of the router you can still attack the other end of the router which by default has to be somewhere else.

You know, creating multiple objectives and all that?

Ofcourse technically a router is impossible to place due to dynamic ownership flow!
  12. AntDX316

You or someone else was saying they give a s* about the alerts. Most of the things you say further validates the fact your proposed suggestions are going to ruin the game. At least I try to give suggestions that work with what you are trying to do While making it fully possible to enjoy alerts and objective takings.

If you want to turn the game into a massive footzerg with no spawns for miles like ArmA, DayZ, Battlefield 2042, it would be like Oshur with no vehicles.. which could work but then the win condition would be heavily reliant upon who has the most medics.
  13. Demigan

Again you attack me personally rather than my arguments. And you've shown a complete lack of understanding of my suggestions. Take the alternate Router idea I proposed, you completely miss the fact that it would require two pads to give you a way to shut it down and you try to make it look as if this would allow many pointrooms to become impenetrable defenses despite that deliberately build in weakness.

So far your reasoning behind why my ideas would ruin the game is "I dont like you Demigan and I'll hate every idea you propose".

Now ofcourse I AM trying to make a reasonable discussion with someone who quite literally suggested not eating for two days is a reasonable way of gathering the money for a month of membership to the game. Setting priorities does not seem to be your strong suit. Although that seems to be a running theme for many "leadership" types.

Name me one suggestion where you "try to work" with what "I am trying to do". In fact, try to describe what I am trying to do. I've written exactly what my motivations are numerous times it shouldnt be difficult.

Pretty much every suggestion I posted you show you dont even understand the simple premise and you then say it cannot ever work based on your fever dream interpretations. To claim you try to "work with" me is stupid.

I guess its my fault for trying to argue with someone who thinks starvation for two days is acceptable to pay for a game. This isnt even remotely close to what my suggestions would do. First of all because Forward Stations would quite literally be spawnpoints and secondly because they would be just as expensive but far weaker than regular Sunderers they wouldnt supplant Sunderers. And just like we dont have a hundred Sunderers everywhere we wouldnt have a hundred FS's everywhere.
  14. AntDX316

Fasting has shown to be health beneficial. People hardly do it because.. people don't know unless they "have to". Kind of like exiting the shower when it's turned to super cold for a bit has shown health benefits. I didn't mean not eating for 2 days straight, 2 days total for the whole month with 3 meals a day taken into consideration.

I've never said "I don't like you" and I think that's irrelevant. I'm saying your ideas could destroy the in-game balance somehow after taking everything you've posted and how the game actually works into full consideration.

15. Demigan

Well its your thread. I just looked at google Scholar instead of a few youtube video's and the core principle of fasting seems heavily based on the fact that the current western diet is unhealthy at its core and that fasting simply reduces the amount of unhealthy food elements.
    On the contrary, fasting before surgery has negative effects, while having emtpy digestive tracts is good achieving that without fasting is better for example.

And that is what you keep missing: nuance, proper interpretation of the information set before you. Because once again you dont really respond to me but to some random element in the post. In this case me calling you out on fasting for 2 days as a way to save money for a monthly subscription to a game. There are easier ways to save money you know, and better ways to spend it too...
  16. AntDX316

Fasting before surgery? Just look at the videos instead of ignoring the plausible truth. You constantly try to change the answers that are shown right in front of you and everybody! Still, I have no answer about you driving mostly in 1st or 3rd person when using ground vehicles.
  17. Demigan

How about I stick with, you know, scientific evidence instead of "hey we are a TED-x group, as in we dont do the research and checking and are more interested in interesting speakers, not science".

Also look at the miracle of your insanity. You are now arguing for fasting benefits because you cant even stay on topic for 2 minutes.
  18. AntDX316

Your topic is bad. You dismiss what "works" for what "doesn't work" as long as you like it and feel right about it. This is cool if it remains as an isolated opinion but then it risks the possible development of things that would ruin the game all because you don't know how to adapt properly.
  19. Demigan

My topic... which is the topics you chose? I didnt choose to make it about fasting for example.

Hypocrite much? I seem to remember me giving arguments and logic to point out flaws to tell you why some things work or do not work. You on the other hand dismiss things with "THAT WONT WORK AND I WONT GO INTO DETAIL" or blatantly not understanding even the basic premise of idea's, creating straw men everywhere.

Talking about adapting properly, you seem to be unable to adapt to anything. You dont use more than a handful of weapons, you dont do variation, you cant handle expanding anything to be more complex than "EVERYONE GO THERE!". But hey, you can project your own failings on me I guess, just know that they are still your failings.
  20. AntDX316

Because a lot of the other weapons do nearly the same thing. Adapting too much especially not for things that don't need to be adapted to is how to adapt better, quicker, and cleaner.

When I say people should go to a place it means bring what you have, determine what is needed, and do it. Rather than micromanaging every single person and role which is insane to do. Sure, if 24 people have no explosives and we all die to 1 tank in the open, oh well. Ideally, when we are taking say a Bio Lab, having Bio Lab experts like you is what hopefully comes after they read the message of the base in /sitrep, /command chat, etc. All I do is pretty much try to direct people where they need to be and it's up to the people to figure out wtf to do when they get there. We all can only do so much and I'm not micromanaging people. People can look up guides or not, be totally novice and not know how to change weapons, so what. When I call for a max pull I don't care if they have basic weapons, they can tank (meat shield) which can make a difference. Even a BR1 on a control point having zero experience can make a difference reversing a cap with 0:00.5 seconds remaining and winning the alert for us.

If you overcomplicicate a situation that doesn't need to be complicated, it will make it harder to solve many other problems especially when other problems get tacked on back to back to back alongside Other things that need to be handled. Ultimately, it will end up with how you do things such as the posts you make. There are most likely "good" reasons to do things less efficient for other areas of life.. it's just highly annoying to sift through when discussing with arguments that shouldn't even exist here.

It's cool that you "want" to feel important and "sophisticated" but at least make it for something that is simple and keep it simple than overcomplicating the simple making it look far more complicated than it actually is.

I keep saying so many times, your ideas list for the game could destroy the game if not at least post your full ideas list here again as simple as possible again and I will put my "opinion". Still though, even if we argue and such to the ends of the Earth with Amazing ideas, it doesn't mean the devs are reading and going to implement.