[Suggestion] Lane Smash, Outfit Wars, etc.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Feb 26, 2022.

1. AntDX316

Needs to be in top-down view mode like Dota 2, C&C Generals, and other RTS games like Company of Heroes, Starcraft, etc. The whole announcer perspective flying around the map at or near ground level is not good.
  2. Demigan

A top-down view would cause rendering issues, which would make it useless. Especially if it happened indoors.

Instead they could update how the map works. Proper changes could give players a general idea of the battlefield, which would have the added benefit that you dont have to spot individual faction colors but have an actual idea what is happening in a big scrum. Then you have two channels to watch the fight from: the individual announcer perspective to give you an idea on the ground and an overall map perspective that tells you what is happening and where. That map even allows the announcer to pinpoint area's of interest to view rather than zooming around hoping to stumble on something.

An example of how that map could be done (announcers would be part of all factions and not need spotting ofcourse:

http://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/improving-map-situational-awareness.256706/
  3. AntDX316

I mean, if they aren't doing first-person view like battlecams or doing the top-down angled view like RTS games, then it's not worth watching. I saw some lane wars for a bit but it sucks. It's better to just play.

And what you are asking for "Intel" would break the game. It's good how it is now where people Should be looking for themselves the relaying it to Command chat or at least platoon/squad chat then Command which is sent to everyone else.

Someone suggested the reinforcements sitrep should be with an extra option like tanks requested, air requested, etc. instead of needs resecure and Need reinforcements! is random.

I was asking for more war assets like a satellite scan but then I felt like that would be OP as the spawn points would be known and Killed in a few moments as their locations are revealed. Having abilities to "prevent scan" would also make it more stupid. It's cool call of duty has a drone where you can auto spot people but some people have cold blooded or w/e it is that blocks getting spotted and teammates think its clear when it isn't and gets killed. You can't really communicate with everyone in the "groundwar" mode so you just have to watch them lead themselves into death.
  4. Demigan

What part of "rendering issues" dont you understand?

Also it would be a nightmare to give first-person battlecams as it would defeat the purpose of the latency system and reduce every fight to Somewhere around 48 players max (of both teams combined), and that assumes the devs are willing and capable to create an "ordinary" FPS package sending system just for the lane smashes.

As usual you cannot accept anything I have to say. It would not break the game and it is not good how people should be relaying this to "command", for lack of a better descriptive word.
    In fact, this idea would put teamwork and command on steroids. First of all it would NOT be limited to squads and platoons, which is a concept I think you cannot even grasp. And a commander would actually be able to communicate more than "Everybody go there" or preventing others from communicating while they hog the voice comms. Add to that that the people in the squad/platoon have an easier time communicating and relaying the exact same information but with less words and more accuracy and teamwork would go through the roof.

Ofcourse your feeble mind cannot comprehend the idea that communication and teamwork could be more than simple Zerg Tactics, and you cannot adapt to a game where more complex strategies and more accurate commands can be given in quick succession.

Now imagine if rather than a single line of dialog that players might miss, the players have an actual map where they can update their situational awareness and be able to gauge for themselves, based on information that is already available if someone gets closer, what they need.
    Too difficult for you to comprehend?

[/quote]I was asking for more war assets like a satellite scan but then I felt like that would be OP as the spawn points would be known and Killed in a few moments as their locations are revealed. Having abilities to "prevent scan" would also make it more stupid. It's cool call of duty has a drone where you can auto spot people but some people have cold blooded or w/e it is that blocks getting spotted and teammates think its clear when it isn't and gets killed. You can't really communicate with everyone in the "groundwar" mode so you just have to watch them lead themselves into death.[/quote]

1: your sattelite scan is nothing like my map improvement. Spawns would only show up when spotted. Also you are a hypocrite by suggesting something that reveals a large portion of a base (or the continent?) With the single click of a button but giving people access to information that is already there if you get close is somehow OP?

2: your drones or other grievances are barely on topic. I'm not asking for stupid auto-spotting drones or why people in another game lead themselves to death.
  5. AntDX316

Oh yeah, you probably don't even use war assets or even have pulled a Bastion Once in your whole time playing Planetside 2, maybe not even Steel Rained once either. What you are asking will Break the game as it would pinpoint target positions for things to be taken out with Absolute precision Ruining the game. There would be no need for people to visually scan or go there as it would be known from across the map. The idea of gaming is to have strategies to "know" not know instantly like a hacker. That takes the fun away. That's why drones and sat scans don't exist in which they Easily could day 1.

I'm not sure if you or someone else was posting some super broken list that would indeed ruin the game, asking for modules to extend no-deploy zones.

I've probably used all the possibilities in this game to the fullest more than any other player. I just adapt but certain things I feel would ruin the game if they existed as it would change the way the game is played a lot. You do realize you can use drifter jets with ESF ejection seat to float over targets coupled with covert drop, if your falling velocity is fast enough You cloak mid-air and goodbye to the spawn underneath if there were at least 2 of you doing it at the same time. It would also be easy to see where to flail a spawn because you can just scan the map and go there with a pocket flash stalker infiltrator. It would be like "command" on steroids like you said but more like solo-command. I like being having to use communication channels and other things to try and accomplish objectives than doing everything solo. That's why I hardly use the cloaked flash renegade because its too OP. I feel bad using it. Hardly anyone uses it so it shouldn't be nerfed as most people would have even More trouble using it. Adding the 3rd person crosshair on the latest update made it even more OP.

Right now its usually just rally points to show spawns to people and people go there. Spawns Always show up on the map when spotted..
  6. Demigan

As usual you start with something unrelated to the topic you want to discuss.

This once again shows your ineptitude at understanding what I write or how the game works.

- You cant kill things outside of your rendering range unless the item is server-side operated.
    - you would NOT pinpoint enemies with this system, just have a GENERAL IDEA of where they are and what they are.
    - ONLY DETECTED enemies are shown, and not their exact location. The update time also allows enemies to move out of the zone after their spot wears off. That means you need someone there to actually do the scanning
    - you yourself propose OP idea's like an instant-detect scan that can be launched at a click. You also support hilariously stupid idea's like the pocket OS's in the War Asset system.

What part of "people need to detect it first before it shows up" dont you understand? There would be absolute need for people to go there and visually scan the area. Both to detect them in the first place and to keep the information up to date. The only thing they dont have to do is be stuck in an slow, limited communication system that only works for the people you are in contact with rather than the entire faction you are on.

But that scares you doesnt it? The idea that something could make zerging squads and platoons less powerful as players can start cooperating outside of their platoon and have *gasp* some autonomy in their cooperation.

You proposed the scans and you are the fan of drones. But that is EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of what my idea does. Unlike your scan idea it is not a "click and you know it" ability. It literally requires someone to be present and use the detection tools already available to detect them. The only difference is that players beyond the render range have a general idea of the information that is already available if you were to go there without a stupidly clunky system of sending someone there, then communicating with them over the ultra-limited chats we have available while preventing others from communicating so you can practically scope out only one thing at a time and then acting on it.

That was me, and naturally you completely missed the part that this can easily be balanced.
    A 450 resource 50m range NDZ generator with 50 health that shows up on the radar and map from 500m and can only be deployed by a MAX would be a waste of time to use and deploy. Too easily found and destroyed, too expensive, too little effect.
    Ofcourse your only idea was that it would have huuuge NDZ's and be so cheap that you could place dozens and deny sunderer placement practically into the other base. Because you are short-sighted and dont want this to work.

I've probably used all the possibilities in this game to the fullest more than any other player.[/quote]

Thats hilarious and arrogant. Also you seem to be a few marbles short of a full set and very VERY set in your ways, unable to accept any change to the game that does not come from you.

You mean that when other players tell you some things are ruining the game you get to tell them that "everything is fine and your opinion only matters" but when it affects your only limited style by EXPANDING it suddenly it "ruins" it.

Also to adapt you need at least two things:
    1: the ability to receive and understand information. And seeing you can barely understand the static texts on a forum your ability to understand information on the move in the game should be impaired as well.
    2: the ability to adapt would also be useable on idea's. Like beig able to understand that a concept can have more than one execution. Say an NDZ generator that is OP. an NDZ generator that is UP and a variety of NDZ generators that are neither OP nor UP. Pick one or more that enhance the game (and the ability to organize and prepare a defense would enhance the game). However once again you dont come any further than a nigh undetctable OP version. Showing once again your inability to adapt.

Your inability to understand even simple concepts is asounding. Even without scanning it does not take a genius to find out where spawns are. Just seeing a base under attack and knowing where the attacker territory is means you can predict the spawn location 95% of the time because people rarely change it up. Even if you dont find it at the expected location its not hard to find the actual spot by watching the stream of players.
    That is, its easy if you arent Ant.

Yeah you kinda dont need rallypoints. People know spawn locations, but the people interested in the actual game ask you not to destroy them immediately to ensure they can have a nive fight there.

Also your "strategy" of using an ESF+drifter only really works on low-pop unshielded sunderers. Any shielded sunderer or sunderer with a large active playerbase spawning there is not really that easy to kill as a solo C4 fairy. You would know that if you actually tried it. Also using the ESF is stupid. Its needlessly expensive for a single attempt and if you want to use an aircraft you use the cheaper Valkyrie unless the enemy has a large airforce at the location, because DUH. However I suspect that such simple considerations are already well above and beyond your adaptability.
  7. AntDX316

I've read it all. You just want Your ideas to be worked on. It's like you only do a couple roles that suit you and forget the rest. It takes time to put a good spawn up. It takes time to Put a spawn up. Most people just do infantry and we have Zero tank and air support because people love the lazy way of just spawning. People have tons of nanites on an important cap scenario and No one is pulling Maxs.

To create more of an issue for spawns to be made will make the game worse. Even some squad beacons are hard to take out. Creating a further away No-deploy zone as you've said is a bad idea. People would have to gradually Move spawns up and when most of the people don't want to deal with that hassle, it will make the game worse. There is also a possibility the No-deploy zone bug could remain forever until the server restarts as shown with how the router 500m ranges are.

There are already problems with people finding cloaked sunderers like they aren't even cloaked because they know of all the good spots and check them.
  8. AntDX316

Maybe if we list all our experiences so everyone can compare.. we can realize your "Inexperience" would ruin the game.
  9. Demigan

And understood nothing. The fact that you once again make random assumptions on what I play to "prove" your point rather than make an actual argument shows once again that you cant even defend your points. You can quite literally look up my character if you want rather than make random assumptions but somehow you are scared of the truth right?

And no, my "inexperience" would not ruin the game. Besides that my idea's should be merited on their own loose from who proposed it and NOT completely ripped out of context to push your flawed agenda. Although it would be interesting what you would dub "inexperience" when looking at your stats which are pretty much those of a vehicle farmer. I get it, I should have been murdering infantry by the score rather than helping my team kill more vehicles than you did in half the time you did!

But I do see now. The addition of war assets has boosted your killfeed considerably and diversified your gameplay from "almost only Scythe with some cloak Flash shenanigans on top" to "lets drop some nukes and farm with the Bastion". So about that ability to adapt you keep talking about, could you try to adapt to, say, some Medic gameplay? LA? HA? and pick a variety of weapons while you are at it, not this "stick with one weapon and sliiightly use another weapon once in a while". And try some Lightning with various canons, and some Magrider with various canons, and you know all the things you havent used/adapted to so that you get some experience for once? Honestly how can you even try to mentor people when you dont even have a fraction of the experience needed to drive various vehicles or play infantry?

Newby: "Where is our great and illustrious leader?"

Ant: "dont worry, I've got your back! I'm all the way over here farming infantry while you die protecting me! And I'll kill a good portion of you guys while I'm at it*! Thanks!"

*11% friendly fire kills.
  10. AntDX316

Your #1 mistake is going off the stat page alone. I'm a very good vehicle pilot/gunner. My Scythe kills were from way way back when lock-on missiles didn't exist and a lot of people didn't really fly.

Assuming I suck because they don't have the thousand of kills quota requirement you are looking for. My kills with the tanks are usually other vehicle kills. Some people bail out and run away.

I keep asking for basic first-person experience from you, for example do you drive in first-person view when you use the harraser? and you still have Yet to respond after I've asked at least twice. Avoiding certain questions to feel more flawed powerful is cool in other areas of life for confidence but over here it's just not going to work.

and the friendly fire kills were probably racked up when I was using the Bastion.. you can't really tell who is on the ground other than going off of where the enemy could be and vehicle spot locations on the map. I hardly use A2G and the Bastion anymore. Just because the score is so high doesn't mean it's all I do. I got probably 6k Mauler kills the first month or 2 after waiting 3 weeks to use the Bastion when it first came out until I realized "we can pull every night" before the patch that made it take at least 2 days to pull it then another patch which now takes like a week meaning, you can't really do anything else war assets wise because it's all spent on the Bastion that dies in 5-10 minutes that people "who have never piloted a bastion before" say the pilot is bad.
  11. Demigan

And the "knowledge" and experience you've shared here!

Thats a mutually exclusive statement. You cannot be a good pilot if you cannot deal with lock-ons. Its not hard unless all you can do is farm. And since you admit most kills are from way way back when it was a real point&click game with thermals and rocketpods that could clear out an entire squad around a sunderer in 3 rockets while there was virtually no G2A weapons? Yeah you are not a good pilot at all.

I just pointed out that you dont kill as many vehicles and are an infantry farmer using those stats.

I keep pointing out its useless. I even ask why you want to know and all you do is "JUST TELLS ME!". And I am not going to give you a "GOTCHA" moment based on something I already explained is not useful to the conversation.

Great teamwork! Good job! You arent making it look like you just farm infantry and dont care about who's in the way! Besides you could use the very map you are on to identify where they are! And if you fire outside of that range you should send someone there to tell you what is happening!* Or ofcourse if you had an upgraded map that just showed you information that is quite literally already available if you were to get close you could use that instead...

* this isnt possible. The Mauler canon isnt server-side so you can only shoot what is rendered. So you can quite literally see and identify every single friendly player you can hit while mapclicking. Also to increase your FF kills with several % with the Maulers would mean you killed absolutely enormous amounts of friendlies each time you pulled it, as in hundreds. That is not an accident, that is either deliberate or pure incompetence.
  12. AntDX316

Unfortunately for you, you are wrong again. I was getting kills on things that Weren't rendered. The Bastion has a firing range of 1000m.
    Let me try to have structure for these to consider:
    1. There is a delay when you decide where to right-click of where it should fire upon(you have to use the map and adjust fire near constantly unless you use waypoints which further adds to that delay).
    2. The delay of the guns firing.
    3. The delay of the time it takes for the rounds to hit after being fired in a super dynamically changing combat environment.
    4. Just before the battle is over you have to right-click fire at anything beyond 1000m(it auto-attacks endlessly while in range though it used to bug at times and none of the guns fired.. I probably would've had 10000 kills instead of 7k) to prevent killing your teammates that Rush the spawn room after you've locked down their spawn exit route after, before, or during your decision of where to Move your Bastion from either enemy fire (air/ground/colossus), to help defense a base, or to move to a next location to attack.

I told you, I have first-hand experience. We aren't theorycraft arguing here, I mean you are but I'm not.

You should just give up and listen to me or at least give suggestions for me to analyze instead of dismissing what I say.

Also:
    Do you drive the harasser in first-person?
    Have you used a Bastion as a pilot at least once?

I'm not trying to "embarrass" you, I'm trying to make people see you as the embarrassment you constantly make yourself out to be. The risk of me doing nothing to contest you is people are left with bad advice and thinking knowledge putting me in a seen position of not being believed at all over you.
  13. Demigan

Hmm hmm, and there is absolutely no other explanation than you lying, inattentiveness or the targets not being spotted?

What you have is bias.

I mean come on, "super dynamically changing combat environment"? Is it truly that hard for you to fire at a spawnroom, or target a busy pointbuilding or corridor? This is a flying artillery platform for mass-murder with the second largest AOE in the game, not a Railjack firing at a single long-range infantry target. The only reason its "super dynamic" is because you just shot up a good fight and now everyone has to respawn in the hopes that the Bastion wont just spawncamp them. Joy oh joy!

We are talking a weapon system with 8m OHK on all infantry caught in the blast, and "8m" is from the center out. That means a whopping 16 meters or more than 1 and a half sunderer length of OHK. worse: the minimum damage range still deals 750 damage out to 20m. That is a whopping 40m sphere of "screw you and everyone with you".

You are pretending that a gun with a 40m error margin is somehow oh so bad due to the delays and that no one can POSSIBLY know without having ANY experience behind the gun of one!

This is just pathetic. And that just after you practically admitted the Bastion was a farmtool but downplayed it with "oh but I dont use it that much anymore...". Hold on but you said the game was pretty much perfect right? So why is the Bastion, which you honorably dont use anymore, somehow OK?

Again, pathetic.
  14. AntDX316

People can just respawn in a few seconds, it's not like you took people out of the game of life forever and committed war crimes lmao.

Sometimes that armor you are trying to target changes direction or teammates rush that area with rounds in the air After it got blown up. I've died to many Bastions too both friendly and enemy but I don't really remember them too much. I understand how people who care about stats a lot, this can be brutal on their psyche especially when other people are hacking but I just respawn even if I die to hackers or w/e.

It's just a game that is incredible to play and we take seriously at times of course. People not intentionally teamkilling all the time even though some people teamkill all the time.. I hardly even fight back even when I died to them.