Darklight not working on cloaker.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AntDX316, Feb 10, 2022.

1. AntDX316

• Up x 1
  2. FLHuk

I've got lots of clips in varying quality of this and have shared most of them here.

No official reply AFAIK.

Someone suggested it's the result of how an implant is interacting with the Darklight. That distance comes into play somehow!

You can see this in this clip from Feb 2021.

As I back away the bloody thing starts to work....

----
    Now the one that defies all logic to me from yesterday.

If you watch at 1080 and 0.5 speed.
    • As I near the top of the stairs you can see the outline of a stalker top on the left. I DID NOT SEE THIS IN REAL TIME!
    • As I crest the top two steps I feel a bump.
    • It takes my 51 year old brain a couple of steps to realise. Not the best infantry player ever....
    • I turn and grab the Darklight.
    • In hindsight I know where he is, no Darklight response when there should be.
    • As I move over the location I can see the blur outline of a stalker. He had me cold but did nothing.
    • Darklight does nothing.
    • I decide to pop a round and there he is.
    • He lets me kill him.
    I sent him a couple of tells politely asking what implants he was using as the Darklight didn't work. Sadly no reply.
    • Up x 1
  3. Mithril Community Manager

Thanks for this report, I've forwarded it to the team. I don't have any further updates at this time but I will share any I get in the future.
    • Up x 2
  4. AntDX316

oh yeah I agree, it's not like the Darklight is 360° illumination for everything around 50m, it's cool trying to avoid the people who have the darklight on scanning around the control point area (hoping not to get seen)

That was some super ultra fast ninja cloaking by that NC.. unless there were 2 lol.
  5. AntDX316

Some people have been asking for spotlights on vehicles.. maybe having an option to use a huge darklight spotlight that only works if manned. There should be changeable modes where it can be wider but not as far or super tight and very far.

People hardly run cloaker but when they do.. being able to track them from a some distance but not "too far(sniper?)" would be cool. There shouldn't be an ability to shoot if the spotlight/darklight is the selected vehicle mount. Would also be cool for some illumination when the map is night time.
  6. Scurge

I sent in the proof months ago. It's ignored.

They nerfed the ability to spot them on thermals years ago then they put in a darklight that works up to 5M that often never worked right.

Wrel dosent like it so we all have to live with it despite the hundreds if not thousands of players over the years complain about ti.
  7. FLHuk

Oh for sure it's been a thing for quite some time, so much so it's a feature!