TR political hate

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chronicos, Feb 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronicos

Dear community,

Today I would like to talk to you about a political topic, because I noticed on the Cobald server that the TR is being massively flamed in chat as Russian aggressors. I play Vanu myself and I'm from Germany and pro Ukraine, but I can't ignore this behavior anymore. The parallels may be there, but normal people are still playing there who just want to have a good time.

@Community Manager : You should do something about it and take a stand. The game is getting massively political these days and players are getting extremely hostile. Something like this should never be ignored!

Not everyone who plays TR is Russian and not every Russian is automatically against freedom. It can't be that players have a loss of reality and can no longer differentiate in their own world.

It did happen that players wrote free Ukraine in the chat, but that was mostly the NK. TR players are more concerned with justifying themselves than enjoying the game.

You can flame and hate me for my opinions now but this is my first post after 8 years of gameplay and I can't turn a blind eye to something like this. Insults against others have always existed and somehow contribute to the feeling, but not when it gets extremely political. Radicality of any kind should not go unpunished!

CronosFox
    • Up x 8
  2. Avrien

Well, I mean, it is the TR. I think you forget the origins of the TR from an RP standpoint.

This sort of thing used to make them game better and people fought it out. It was fun. The game needs to go back to it's original balance so that can happen again. Then it's a null point.

Make an outfit and fight them for fun. 8)

Planetside is WAR!!

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. TR5L4Y3R

in another thread i read people asking to join in a doubleteam against Russian TR outfits ...
    this has nothing to do with "this a war" ... this is a game people want to participate in to be distracted from the scrap real life throws around, and then people come with their own political motivated agendas against people that have no impact and aren´t responsible for what is happening ..
    just because some dude is a jerk in real live harming others doens´t mean it´s right for you to in some way disrupt the general particpation of players within the game .. no matter if the people are russian or ukrainian or any other nationality ...

play the game for general combat as it´s meant to be played, not to focus on specific outfits becuse of political motivations ..
    f§%§%%$&K that ....
    • Up x 6
  4. JibbaJabba

This is a game. It might be the only place left where we can talk and play with each other. We need this. Such communication (or fun lack of it) should be healthy. Do not **** it up by being toxic.
    • Up x 1
  5. InexoraVC

Of course it should be healthy. But what I've read on this forums recently: "kill all russians", "ban all russians", "gather together to fight russians" and so on.
    I'm russian and you know what I think?
    "Ok, these guys hate all people of my nationality.
    They hate us in real life so much and they want to kill us.
    Hmmm. Is this first time ? No. Few times they 've tried to kill us before (since 1609).
    What should I do ? I think I have to defend myself, my family, my country. Make it stronger"
    That is it.
    P.s. Russians don't eat ukrainian children for breakfast.
    • Up x 1
  6. JibbaJabba

I can't speak for anyone but myself. I'm a veteran. I do not like body bags. I do not like wives and children crying. I don't care what country. Soldiers never ask for war. Not the grunts, and not the generals who have to decide who dies. They would turn down more budget if they knew it would go to their state department instead. Same in all countries.

People want to go about their lives, raise their kids, care for their parents.

People who want to "kill all X" where X is any nationality are either psychopaths, or children who haven't matured in the world yet. Or man children who are spoiled and have never lost anything important.

I'm sorry you're having to hear all that negativity. Do look past their immaturity though to what it is that is upsetting them. They are not told the same story you are told. I guarantee it.

So what to believe?

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." ― George Orwell

My eyes tell me there are Russian Tanks outside Kyiv. They do not tell me there are Ukranian tanks outside Moscow. What do your eyes tell you?

My heart tells me that people are good. They do not want war unless they are lied to.

This is what got the Germans into Poland. The US into Iraq, and now Russia into ukraine....

"Naturally, the common people don't want war ... but after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country." — Herman Goering

Beware of people saying "you were going to be attacked!" as they attack someone themselves. And watch carefully what happens to those that ask for peace. That's the tell that gives it away...
    • Up x 1
  7. AntDX316

It happens.. just ignore it but I don't mean mute people as conversations in the future could matter (if we don't get nuked of course).

Just play without looking at chat. Problems in feeling can exist in anything.
  8. BlackFox

Those are the typical idiots found on the internet, keyboard warriors that think they fight some kind of battle. Much like the SJWs on Twitter or the crazy people on Facebook they are loud but not repressenting any majority.

Most people know it's Putin that pulls all this **** and that the average russian citizien doesn't want a war either, especially if relatives are forced to fight to feed some maniac's ego.
    Any intervention - if necessary - would focus on getting russian troops out of the Ukraine and preventing further attacks. Nobody has (or ever had in the last 30 years) an interest in invading Russia
    • Up x 1
  9. karlooo

Stick to PS2.

Anyways about Planetside 2, the game, TR usually gets double teamed, it's normal. VS is an uninteresting faction, which would be dead if it weren't so biased, no one wants to fight VS because it's not fun, NC usually focuses on TR. And I'm perfectly fine with it, it's a lot of fun, but what is not fun is how unpowered the TR is...How is the TR supposed to fight lol? TR is so pathetic and frustrating.

In armored, open world warfare, the biggest handicap to TR is the Prowler. Due to the ineffectively of the Prowler, price wise and use, the TR can never win in fair engagements. I've mentioned this multiple times the TR Prowler as a main battle tank must be removed, it's only a handicap, removal will be massive help to the TR. The lightening is the main tank, Prowler is an obsolete nothing tank, Lightening is better at everything in real combat, not on paper.
    The prowler should instead be reworked by removing the double 120mm cannons and adding in a 30mm auto cannon in the middle of the turret, turning it into an IFV, the new Sunderer for TR, which will replace the standard dumpster truck. It can deploy, it's a perfect combo with the lightening as a support vehicle and it's a simple way to help TR and boost faction uniqueness.

Their standard ammunition and weapons (143 dmg) suck as well. Another handicap in infantry combat, the weapons do not fire as fast as they should, therefor they don't deal the damage and rifles like for example AMR-66 are better at close range engagements and dropping enemies from my testing as a Heavy Assault. And have much more tactical use.

Make AMR-66, or other rifles, default for TR instead of the 143 dmg ones and Prowler new Sunderer. Easy peasy. Super unique visually and gameplay wise.
  10. Eberron101

There's only one guy I hate of your nationality - no prizes for guessing who. No need for this all to spill over into PS2....
    • Up x 3
  11. TripSin

Maybe don't play the fascist faction if you don't want to be called a fascist lol

Anyways, the war won't last forever
  12. Twin Suns

Crocodile tears.

Yeah, never mind that your murdering you’re supposed cousins, the Ukrainians. Never mind that Russian cruise missiles are hitting apartment buildings. Never mind that you’re dipstick leaders say your fighting yahtzees!?!?
    LMFAO, a smaller sovereign country like Ukraine was going to invade you? Are you f$&@ing serious!?!?

Beware the woman coming towards you with empty water buckets. ;)
  13. TR5L4Y3R

hmmm religious fanatic terrorist or conglomerate paid mercenary militia killer for puppet pseudu democracy sounds any better to you ?
    • Up x 5
  14. Scroffel5

What is wrong with you people? Why are you so stupid? Why would you support this and then bash on anyone on either side of the conflict for being related to those who are in the conflict? Legit, everyone makes their own personal decisions. It doesn't matter if you are black, white, latin, asian, russian, or ukrainian. Saying to "kill all russians" or "kill all ukrainians" or kill all whoever is dumb for that simple reason. They personally have nothing to do with it!

And as for you, leave him be. He was just saying how he felt. And its reasonable why he could feel that way. People create their enemies, no matter who started it. If you have nothing to do with a perceived problem, yet people make you out to be the problem, you may very well start to become part of that perceived problem. So don't attack people, or you'll change their side. You'll make them your problem, regardless of who is right and who is wrong.

And stop hating, guys. Theres no reason to hate people, regardless of what has happened. Hate doesn't help.
    • Up x 1
  15. Avrien

The religious fanatic terrorist used to be more fun. But they took our max jump jets and lasher away from us... 8(..

Along with most of the other asymmetric aspects of the game.
  16. Mithril Community Manager

This thread is getting too spicy, please keep conversations in line with PS2 gameplay. If you encounter toxic players in game please screenshot and reach out to our customer support team. Learn more here. Thanks!
    • Up x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.