[Suggestion] People need my guides more than ever.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Feb 23, 2022.

1. AntDX316

2. synkrotron

on Discord?

no thanks
  3. AntDX316

Just see it. It's not like the "Other" Discords.
  4. Demigan

I see neither a reason why they would need your guides nor what you are teaching them. You are in a mentor squad, ofcourse some people will not know how to play, thats the point.

But I wonder what these poor sods are being taught by you. You can hardly keep the subject of your own threads on track, like going from "stability on guns is bad!" To "but what about first and third person view!", and even going so far that when you get explained that there is no fourth person view that you still ask "but what about a fifth?".

So I have to know: what are you teaching these people? You cant promote your guidance as absolutely necessary without telling us what that guidance entails or why it is necessary. "Just look at this random discord" is no good introduction. For all I know its a rule 34 Paw Patrol discord.

Of course knowing what you teach also helps us know what kind of corrections we need to prepare for those taught at Ant school.
    • Up x 3
  5. Caesar86

"People need my guides more than ever"
    I don't know your guides. I've made a list of about 50 hours of the best tutorials, I don't think you have one there.
    Anyways, I gave that list to a few friends before they started playing with me, they haven't watched one. Only in-game explanations work for new players. If they become passionate, then they will start learning.
    • Up x 2
  6. AntDX316

Just go to the Discord and find out yourself. The whole purpose is that I don't have to explain things and miss things, take the effort, and not even know if it got understood or not. If you don't want to have a look, that is nothing I can do. People have said it's impressive. Perhaps I should just have a whole copy and paste list of what people have said of why it's good and have a whole tally list about the doubts people have as they aren't really unique.
  7. AntDX316

Well if you can help contribute there it would be cool. They aren't all my guides. I have guides there made by other people so it's a combination of a compilation as well as my own perspective. Please see the #-experts sections and contribute please.
  8. Demigan

You can waste enough time here but cant even give a simple description as to why your Discord channel is oh so super special? That does NOT inspire confidence and it does NOT make me want to join your channel. Its more likely a 24/7 Rickroll channel than anything valuable.
  9. AntDX316

I mean, it's just there. Basically, it was designed for new players so when novices keep asking super basic questions I just say go to http://isv.vsa.zone to learn how to play better and that's it. You aren't super novice so it doesn't matter. I would just say join because I need more people and preferably quality like yourself.

If you do like the Discord please help contribute expertise in the experts sections. It could really help the novices out. They message me saying how the Discord is of much help to them.
  10. AllRoundGoodGuy

I took one for the team and joined the discord. Admittedly, I didn't spend a lot of time in it, but I don't think I really needed to.
    1. Your #important channel. In particular the sentence "Please don't be super arrogant and think you know everything." While telling people on the forums here how everybody should play the game the way you want it to be played.
    2. Still in #important: Your credentials. Having a ASP2 BR100, Mentor 1000 account, while also telling people that the easiest way to get certs is to use a cloaked wraith flash with a renegade lends itself to reasonable doubt to your actual combat capabilities. "I can easily get a list full of kills before dying." I get that you say you play more for the Leadership aspect of the game, but there's a disconnect between your forum's presence and your discord.
    3. I would have thought in your #basic channel that you would, you know, maybe go over the basics of the game and how it's played? I guess it's more important to let people know how to adjust their in-game volume/graphics.
    4. Same again for the #essentials channel. I would have thought you would go over the "Essentials" of the game, but instead it's a channel with a bunch of links to different websites, such as the outfit tracker/player stats. Pretty sure it's not essential to play.
    5. After viewing that channel, I briefly looked over some of the "Guides" in the vehicle section. Tbh it's more like a vehicle "Stats" section, as all that's in there is the simple stats of the vehicle with a message saying that you should use the mine guard if not running any other options. 10/10 advice.
    6. The inclusion of the Charisma guide was a plus in my book.
    7. I'm honestly not sure of the point of your thread here. I'm not sure you made an actual guide in the whole discord explaining how to actually play the game, you have a couple gifs listing your loadouts. You sure do link a lot of videos - but none of them are yours, so I'm not sure why you are stating that people need "Your" guides.
    In conclusion, there might be something in that discord that somebody can learn, but I honestly don't see how this discord is anymore effective then a quick youtube search for a 5 minute tutorial that would actually tell you how to play the game. And honestly, with the amount of scrolling one has to do (not a fan of having like a 100+ text channels with like 0 useful info) I'm pretty sure the youtube route would be faster.
    I feel bad for that guy you told to go there to learn how to play the game.
    • Up x 1
  11. AntDX316

The #basic guide extends but you have to see the bottom to go through the flow of which is #terminals next. I should probably write at the top.

added lol
    [IMG]

There are a lot of people who have messaged me and thanked me for the Discord. It may not be for everybody but at least if someone can get 1 thing out of it, then it is worth for them seeing it like you and the Charisma guide. It's just how it is. You can't expect to win on every single category but it's there because it's zero effort. I don't have to retype everything only to get criticized saying it sucks. I just drop a copy and paste and leave it at that.

Everything that doesn't say, Not my guide, is mine. The animations in the Classes/Vehicles guides mine. Originally all it had was Classes Guides and Maps. Everything else got added gradually because I kept finding problems. You should see the Classes guides section. I've added more "advanced" guides because I just share it for people. Rather than omit them and have it Ultra basic, (you should see the #artillery) section, I've found place for it.

I don't like Youtube tutorials too much. I think the Discord guide is better than having it compiled into a Youtube video. Perhaps for you it's great. At least you like your Charisma guide.. we are all learning lol.

The only way I can find correction is when people "complain" then the complaining has been settled. That solution can be super important in the future.

If you actually went through the guide properly, it said to Collapse all the categories First. I can't default make it where they are all collapsed lol. (edit: I need to make it at the very top so people know to do that first lol)
    [IMG][IMG]

It should be a lot better now.. lmao

Also.. mine guard was just an option but the other loadouts are above, unfortunately the fact you didn't "scroll-up" means some people might not too.. oh well. You came to critique fast but not learn so there should be a significant difference. Expecting to know instantly what would work for you over someone else, only so much can be done today. It's either this or nothing. Having stats there and another "wiki" to go to is good. It's a small library so people don't have to search for it themselves as well as consult a Youtube vid (but I've added them in the Discord too) which most people Don't do and self-learn in game with nothing, make mistakes, induce frustration, somehow people get teamkilled both intentionally and unintentionally in the process, etc.

When I play for the more for the Leadership aspect of the game.. it's more of me trying to make us win while using everybody else as a resource to help me.