[CHEATING] Factional Win Trading & Armistace

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VV4LL3, Feb 22, 2022.

1. VV4LL3

Today was one of the most egregious exploits of interfactional outfits on Connery with TR and NC. Last night 21FEB22,.. NC and TR outfits managed by the same people ensured the win of the NC. This isn't fun. Honestly. As a newer player, I've seen this in other games and it ensures exodus. When newer players just can't win because the game is severely imbalanced or exploited, there's no reason to play.

This really does need to stop. They're (NC and TR) not even trying to hide it anymore. On the southern most point were prowlers and mosquitos fighting along side reavers and other NC MBTs... Literally on the other side of the continent, fighting together...

https://freeimage.host/i/1MCwKu

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Avrien

I think this was solved in PS1 with some of the existing weapons/vehicles that were not imported to PS2. They were there for a reason and it didn't matter if they worked together back then. You could still take them head on. A lot of what is missing are the maxes(faction specific like jump jets, and their original AA.) abilities and the smaller vehicles massive Anti infantry potential. And other anti infantry like the punishers grenade launcher. This gave more grenades to get through infantry swarms like the punisher does. But to a lesser extent. If enough people had them you could push when needed. this gave a fighting chance to both sides while also creating fluency in combat.

We should have the giant orb VS guns that blast away sunderers and amses when found. Now they have nothing to take on infantry swarms. This also makes people not rely on each other as much causing problems. It also allows an easier time to take on situations like this, which were normal in PS1, wether purposeful or not, and it was just dealt with via killing the enemy better.

Also the missing ability for infantry to use AP ammo or the VS mode for such makes it harder to kill things. There is just not enough ways for each to take each other on. If there was this would be a none issue.

Vanu's favorite thing was to watch the NC and TR try to group up then sqaush them out of existance in PS1. It was a trivial thing back then.

Basically once each aspect of the game has sufficient killing ability(solo and group) people work together and deal with the situation. They build in lazy reverse hard counters that don't work for fluency. Instead of soft counters and an even chance. The game is flawed. It needs to go back to it's routes and fix the problems. As these problems all were non existant in the original game.
    • Up x 1
  3. Cyropaedia

Is this the Canadian flag outfit people talk about on Connery?

Most PvP games have rules against collusion. You can probably write a CS petition with evidence and action might be taken against individual players (leadership) or the outfit.
    • Up x 1
  4. FLHuk

Given the VS win rate on Connery can I ask one thing that is missing from your picture.

Continent population and if poss, global population and time of day.
  5. RabidIBM

I can tell you that you are jumping into the victim role too quickly, something I encountered A LOT OF in my year with the Vanu. I remember that alert, and while I wasn't leading the HMRD platoon because my roommate had gone to bed, I was advising a less experienced PL via text. We were NOT collaborating with the NC. We thought it was weird that the NC were so far east, but we moved to cut off their attack on Rashnu to pick up some free territories, fought them at Crimson until Vani started showing up, then attacked Hvar for the last 20 minutes.

As for the NC being in a weird place, you can complain about when you can convice Dark to stop paradroppong the TR/NC front amd escourting NC players to control points. Doubt me on that one? Watch for it, Dark will drop a base which the Vanu have no link to, then while a full platoon of Dark are in the building the point will fully flip from red to blue. But yeah, Vanu have the victim cards.
  6. Cyropaedia

OP looks like he logged on or played an NC character and may have heard something on command chat (blue screenshot)?

There's a rumor among the VS that the people who run the Canadian flag TR outfit also run the Canadian flag NC outfit. There's a possibility that it is more than incidental but there's also a possibility that there are certain bad actors (not reflective of the overall outfit). Could it be a literal false flag? Sure. All parties are innocent until proven guilty, in my opinion. Of course, we cannot rule out the same "bad apples" could do the same on the VS.

To be clear, I am against collusion in any form (including on VS). In the years I've played, I've heard Connery VS openly collude ("make an alliance") about twice but it's really tough to pin anyone down for collusion. (I'm sure most people can get away with collusion over one hex or even one or two alerts - same for stat padding). If people habitually or systematically collude (to the detriment of fair play and sportsmanship), however, more reports and evidence can be gathered.

Edit: When I talk about collusion, I do not mean a roving armored column or air ball or hitting a third-party hex for a last minute alert win. I am talking more specifically about coordination (chat) between factions on a pre-meditated strategy or active misdirection on a faction (e.g. VS player logs on a well-known TR alt and tells TR command to attack NC).
  7. synkrotron

does it matter though?

I mean, this isn't Outfit Wars or some kind of big money e-sports thing

fun can still be had, even when you are being pushed back to your warpgate

I play NC on Cobalt... I often get sent back to the warpgate :D
    • Up x 2
  8. Cyropaedia

The issue isn't double-teaming itself. The issue is manipulating and mustering another faction's forces for your own faction's benefit. (You create platoons of NC pogs to fight VS while your main and friends are on TR).

CoD, Fortnite, and other PvP games do not allow collusion in regular game modes. It probably has to do with principles of fair play, sportsmanship, and griefing.
  9. vonRichtschuetz

I remember dark and dgia colluding against HMRD in last outfit wars. Happened on the same day as recursion got double teamed in another match. After that happened, they changed the rules to oufit wars, to be able to remove outfits from participating. That rule is specific to outfit wars IIRC. Also they don't really care, because double teaming happened in about 60% of matches I fought in outfit wars across multiple servers - they only added the rule because of their buddies at recursion. I don't think they will do anything at all when double teaming happens during live game, and even if they would, they'd announce it prior.
    • Up x 1
  10. RabidIBM

Ok, let's clear out the rumours and 2nd hand BS, I am an officer in The Drunk Division, who's tag is HMRD and who's outfit decal is the Canadian flag. Many of our members have alts on NC and Vanu, many of whom are in alt fits named CHUG Drunker Division on Vanu and HAMD Drunkest Division on NC. However, the alt-fits have barely been used in the last year, and the last time we had any significant "Off Colour Nights" was just prior to the last round of outfit wars, which I know because I was leading them. I cancelled them due to poor attendance, most of HMRD really like their red uniforms.

That said, we DO NOT collude across factions, we DO NOT play to make one faction lose. I do however have to mention 2 exceptions: Once when two of our memebers (who met in game) were getting married, so we had them draw two of our bastions and "kiss" at the middle of the map, and the other time we pulled all 3 bastions at once and sailed circles around the Crown bombing the piss out of it because memes.

That said, we have been invited to participate in collision on multiple occasions, including during outfit wars, and when were are invited to do such things we tell people to go f*** themselves. Funny how after telling would-be match fixers to go make love to themselves we got double teamed, I'm sure it's a coincidence.

I hope this clears up any issues regarding rumours around "The Canadian Flag Outfit" If anyone has any evidence of unsportsmanlike conduct by any of our members, by all means contact me in game, on discord, or on this forum and I'll deal with them. However, any Canadian outfit not by one of the three tags I mentioned here are not us.
    • Up x 1
  11. RabidIBM

Also, VV4LL3, what outfit do you run with?
  12. FLHuk

This was the point of my question. Back on Lithcorp in 2012/13 before WG rotation the lower right NC gate on Indar was hellish.... VS ran rampant on the server so NC/TR tried to organise an alliance.

It was less than easy with limited results and VS enjoyed it yet more :D
    • Up x 2
  13. Johannes Kaiser

Nah. Many years ago a friend saw TR and VS on Miller fight side by side, so he reported it with screenshots. The answer was "shut up or you get banned, you lying piece of cr*p" (not in those exact words, but the meaning was more than clear).
    • Up x 1
  14. Manassas

Discord communities have ruined the game because all the veteran players collude with each other.
  15. VV4LL3

Pretty sure it was the Orks and Goblins.