[BUG] No line-of-sight to the deploy location!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Feb 14, 2022.

1. karlooo

[IMG]

This was done on purpose by the devs cause there was a way to place Towers below the green dots, making them turrets, for example you could have placed the Anti Infantry tower to the level of a turret... Ironically this made construction playable - the real construction. Because of all the changes and excrete they added into the game.

I have confirmed with multiple people having this same issue and it hasn't been fixed yet, it's been like this for a week. Some structures can not be placed at all, for example in the screenshot above, impossible to place AV turret. And same with one of the most important assets for the frontline bases, vehicle terminal, it cannot be placed at a safe level, it needs to be so high that it cannot be used anymore..

Lastly a message to the devs, if you don't know how to place an Vehicle terminal inside your frontline base, and protect it from getting infiltrated, then you should rather not touch construction, ok? Pain Spire does not counter infiltrators, you need a base design for this, Pain Spire causes more balance issues with construction, well both Spires but at least you fixed the second one.
    Do not touch construction if you don't understand it, cause I have a feeling you plan on turning it into some Fortnite type of hyper paced, gay base building. You can't be trusted.
    • Up x 3
  2. karlooo

Every single structure is harder to place cause of this.
    Great... Another nerf to construction, like as if it's fu,cking playable right now.
    • Up x 4
  3. RabidIBM

Why did you have to throw in a dig against gay people? Now they have an excuse to dismiss your entire post.

That said, I fully agree with all the content of what you said, and have my own input to the topic:
    -Nothing of value was added to construction.
    -The new console menu is equestrian excrement
    -First they nerfed the router into the ground. Then, because that apparently wasn't enough, they made the routing spire reveal itself to all factions across the whole map, just to make sure builders get their heads kicked in.
    -New bugs which are glaring enough to make it obvious that absolutely no play testing whatsoever was conducted. (I'm not talking about the ant changes which were tested, I'm talking about the placement changes)
    -Don't touch things you know nothing about. Either learn before touching or don't touch.
    -The last patch could be improved with ctrl+z.
    • Up x 3
  4. karlooo

I don't really care anymore, I sort of gave up with these people.

But another super obvious thing is, that if the devs update construction to make it similar to the main content of the game, in favor of these hyper players, gaining more attention, then the role will be absolutely unplayable.
    If too many players are doing construction, then it's unplayable. I have experienced this when construction gained a major update (too many land claims and resource mining). It must stay stay completely unique with a single main purpose, and it is possible to make it fit into this fast paced game, very easily, but these devs are weirdos. I don't understand how it's taking them so long to figure it out. All they did was cause more trouble than ever and they are super greedy people so they won't pull back, remove some assets for the sake of fixing it.

But back to my point....a single player has all the structures/tools to build a proper base. Adding more structures on top of the single player limit weakens the base, the structure, causes more flaws. Only one person can build the base. I have tried building with a friend in a very organized way, were one person created the core design, second supplied and then expanded the core design with more defenses. With a couple of tries it was concluded that no matter how organized the design is, you cannot exceed the structure limit or else it will handicap the main base. --> The more players, the bigger of a mess it is, and the more unbalanced the role is because you're just adding numbers on top of numbers and it's not fun to fight this. That is why we have Cortium bombs for infiltrators and other weaponry which is impossible to defend against, by yourself without exploiting and placing the Anti Infantry tower to the level of a turret, because it was designed against this.
    The more players, the more unplayable this role is.

From our testing, the best way of defending was creating separate bases with a 200 meter distance, a frontline base and a backup base which had an Orbital Strike/artillery to support the base at the frontline.
    Everybody who has done construction knows that it is a death wish to place an OS in your base.
    Having the OS behind makes the enemy units split up, over exceed into enemy territory. It was great but it's hard to find a player who's that organized. But it's cool, provides some open world battles, nice advertisement for the game, compared to this toxic shít that's going on now.
    • Up x 2
  5. RabidIBM

I'm able to make effective use of more buildings, but it takes a long time to develop the build. Some of my builds are well into the hundreds of times that I've built them, and I still make occasional tweaks. The thing is that you can't have a one size fits all build, you need a different build for every possible location.

I had started a project to record and YouTubify my builds, and at some point I'll get back on that.
    • Up x 1
  6. FLHuk

It's also sodding annoying as a front line combat engineer!
    • Up x 3
  7. karlooo

Just a friendly reminder, this issue still has not been fixed and it's been like this for almost a month.

This is equivalent to.. lets say the utility ability, button not working for all vehicles for a month. How can you let this happen for a month lol.
    You lose what makes you special, and become a plain nobody. What are the devs doing??
    • Up x 1
  8. karlooo

This isn't even sad anymore, it's hilarious....Oh like you can't place the vehicle terminal, turrets, you can't precisely build anyone, but what you can do is get like 3 ppl and spam structures all over the place, like as if that is what's fun to deal with, that is what people want. Attack a shíthole with millions of HP due to structures added on top of each other.
    • Up x 1
  9. synkrotron

I don't do construction, but I got that line of sight message the other day when trying to place a cortium bomb against some caltrops
    • Up x 3
  10. RabidIBM

The fact that it's affecting more than "just" builders is the only thing giving me hope that it will be fixed.
    • Up x 3
  11. lemurwrangler

The changes of the router ranges need to be increased, I would suggest tripled or quadrupled.
    The blue area that lights up for everyone needs to be lit up only for the person who drops the routers spire so that a person who is dual boxing cannot see the area where the spire is located.
    • Up x 1
  12. synkrotron

I sincerely wish you luck with that

as an aside, I have tried building and didn't get it to be hones, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the fun it brings to others, plus the perks that player made bases brings to non-builders

cheers

andy
    • Up x 1
  13. lemurwrangler

Just a friendly reminder, this issue still has not been fixed and it's been like this for almost a month.
  14. lemurwrangler

Every single structure is harder to place cause of this.
    Great... Another nerf to construction, like as if it's fu,cking playable right now.
  15. karlooo

Oh wow. I just realized that that blue highlighted barrier is caused by the Routing Spire....

Placing an Orbital Strike in your base is a death sentence because you get highlighted on the map for all. Tanks, which are separated and cut off from the objective (cheap and easily spammed), will all attack you because they have nothing else to do. You are highlighted on the map like a clown, as if you're begging to be swarmed by them and construction does not have the guns to fight off more than 2 tanks. Ultimately we all know what happens..

The devs are literarily expanding a well known issue in construction. Like imagine there's an issue, and instead of working to solve it, you enlarge the exact same problem to make it worse. That's exactly what they did over here.

They must be doing all this on purpose, with the goal of killing this role. They can't be this retárded.
  16. FLHuk

At some point in time the "Do random stuff to shake up game play of vets dice" is going to give us guns that fire backwards!
  17. krozerg

PS2 is yet another example that the gaming industry is incapable of designing a good game.

Does not matter how skilled dev's are at overcoming technical problems, if you can't design things for fun, smooth and non frustrating gameplay, prioritizing and fixing issues causing so much frustration.
    • Up x 2
  18. lemurwrangler

19. lemurwrangler

PS2 is yet another example that the gaming industry is incapable of designing a good game.

Does not matter how skilled dev's are at overcoming technical problems, if you can't design things for fun, smooth and non frustrating gameplay, prioritizing and fixing issues causing so much frustration.
  20. AntDX316

The low-turret is definitely bugged, I had the same issue recently.