[BUG] Anyone Else Getting Worse FPS in Big Fights After Oshur Update?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BigNStrauss, Feb 9, 2022.

1. BigNStrauss

For me it's a noticeable drop in FPS for big 96+ fights compared to before the update. Happens on any continent.
  2. JustGotSuspended

Impossible! They've reworked the spawn system to improve performance and reduce significant bottlenecks.
    • Up x 1
  3. OneShadowWarrior

Yes, performance has definitely reduced since recent updates. Especially the stuttering, I normally run G sync with a frame rate in game cap and now had to enable vertical sync because of noticeable stutter, it has made the game smoother.
    • Up x 1
  4. BigNStrauss

Glad to know I'm not the only one suffering with this.
  5. OneShadowWarrior

Yes, lot of latency, stutter and lots of stuff not working or feeling clunky i.e. cloaking not engaging, shields not engaging or the gun will misfire or not fire when you click the button. I normally run Ultra, never felt the issues, I even dropped Graphical settings and still feel the same issues.
  6. shlimon bakous

I thought I was the only one having this problem, the same thing has been happening to me since the oshur update, and I find that the server latency is very miserable, even more extreme lately.
  7. FLHuk

Dying behind cover was terrible yesterday on Cobalt.

80 FPS in Sanctuary over the previous versions 120. 90 in big fights over the previous 144 capped....

I logged off and played husband sim.
  8. Eberron101

I am getting capped behind cover a lot more for sure. I mean sat behind a wall without moving and getting sniped by someone on the other side of it is kinda what?

Getting fragged when in the middle of the spawn due to client side seeing me outside it and myself being well inside it, seems to happenj far more than it used to.

Also frag grenades apparently affecting ppl in spawn rooms....whats that about?