Friendly Fire Nerf is a Disaster

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Werkitten, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Scroffel5

EXACTLY! If you remove or mitigate friendly fire, you increase the number of angles someone will chose to take you on from despite their teammate being in the way, thus increasing the number of bullets being fired at you. Damaging your team to the same degree as an enemy is necessary in a big game like this, otherwise number advantages will be even harder to deal with! And I bet the devs know that too, but they are catering to the community.
    • Up x 1
  2. RiP0k

This is a real minus (possible) for the builder. Some fool can deploy Sunderer right in the place where you are currently building a base, thereby preventing you from putting what you planned on this place. And when you write to him to remove Sunderer, he says no. And you have to blow up Sunderer. Now even 5 mines may not be enough.
  3. JibbaJabba

The secret to reducing FF is simple.

How much FF damage is done is irrelevant. Make it 100%, make it 50%. Make it 25 if you want. Doesn't matter.
    How long the weapon lock stays is irrelevant. Make it lock instantly for a day or make it lock for 5 seconds after 10 minutes of continuously shooting friendlies. Doesn't matter.

If you want to reduce FF it's simple. Use kickback. 10% kickback damage to the offender would do it. Instantly.

I've seen it on Killing Floor servers. The amount of kickback doesn't matter a lot. I've seen it be set at 200% before but it's not a lot more effective than just 10%.
    • Up x 1
  4. Scroffel5

Players are being babied.
  5. AntDX316

Probably should experiment making FF damage secretly 150% for a day or 2 for everything but vehicles to see then analyze the stats.
  6. GreyGun

Brilliant! Since FF is registered anyway it should not be a big issue to redirect it to the shooters health pool.

(provided anyone at DBG still groks the relevant code...) ;-)
  7. ican'taim

No one complained about friendly fire except for some dog**** reddit threads some months back.
  8. Johannes Kaiser

As someone who is a professional at lobbing grenades into rooms packed with large amounts of hostiles only (according to the minimap) and SOMEHOW managing to still kill a friendly and no hostiles (and no, the grenades detonate inside the room, no bounceback), I approve of this change.
  9. Twin Suns

Now the Zerg has nothing to keep them honest. No more attrition. It’s now ok for Zerg’s to spam $hit with no consequences.