Server merge(s) Come on!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OpolE, Dec 27, 2021.

1. OpolE

Miller 700
    = 700/4 Continents (175 per continent. Lets say 58 per empire. Rubbish. Add Oshur = 700/5, 140 & 47 per empire)
    Cobalt 620
    Emerald 260

I know more people will be on at different times but obviously at quieter times of the day the number gets worse than a 100 man Squad / 2042 server. This needs to keep its mass populations levels of 1000's otherwise its redundant!
    • Up x 2
  2. Soul_Shinobi

Bruh, this is literally handled by controlling how many continents are open, how are you dividing this by the number of continents.
  3. OpolE

I have the Planetside 1 mentality and its possible to be on all continents at one time. Unlike this cockup of a metagame. PS1 had bigger numbers
    • Up x 1
  4. VV4LL3

I really don't want to play in massive ping d*** measuring contests in game. Please no. The servers are geographically separated to accommodate the global customer and player base, and ensure the best conditions for a quality lag "free" gaming experience.

I do not want to play on a server that's literally thousands of miles away because a few people don't want to switch to a higher population server.

Switch, tell us how the lag feels, then ask yourself if it's worth everyone in the game having it at all times.

Hard no.
    • Up x 1
  5. OpolE

Loads of us Euro's from PS1 play on Emerald because some of our good friends are from the USA. So its not really geographically based that much from other places either
    • Up x 1
  6. JustGotSuspended

these threads are coming from people who switched and want their mains transferred.

To be fair the issue of lag is already exaggerated a little. There's probably like 100-200 ping difference between Connery and emerald or cobalt and miller. Since most players already switched to that server on alts anyways the merge is more of a formality then anything else. As for the people who don't want to merge and prefer to play the game with no one, fear not, you'll be able to get that experience in VR training after the merge.

Seriously though, it's time to merge or at the very least allow server transfers.
  7. VV4LL3

Science wins. This has already been explained.