the forbidden subject of cheaters...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by synkrotron, Dec 22, 2021.

1. FLHuk

I was fully onboard with the submitting of video evidence until now.

I even post them as unlisted but as of now my vids will be public and have the client version of PS2.

So if I was you I wouldn't even bother. My last rig was a AMD 955BE @3.5G / GTX 1060 3Gig and it did impact enough to not bother.
  2. Redfeather1975

battlefront 2 has been having a problem with cheaters lately. I wonder what's up with that.
  3. FLHuk

A quick search reveals an update and increase.
    Exactly the same cycle this game goes through repeatedly.

All fine if there's a fast and effective way of removing them to protect your desperately needed new and existing paying customers!

----
    I pressed post and then saw our correctly reported flying aimbotter is yet again back online.
  4. synkrotron

I sent my report e-mail regarding MichaelHendersonTheWorstGayBitsh at 11:34 GMT

according to PS2Alerts he was playing at some point and is at the top of the leader board

https://ps2alerts.com/alert/13-29368

difference here compared to the other alerts, only 180 kills instead of the usual 1000+

so, either that character was banned or he had to log off to get some tea

we had visitors here this afternoon so I haven't been online, for a change, and I may get online a bit later once I have some other pre-Christmas day stuff out of the way

but I did have a chance to suss out shadowplay earlier so the next time I may, for what it is worth, have some video footage

and, yes, I am going to make it public and put some hashtags in there and I'll post a link on Twitter too

again, for what it is worth
    • Up x 1
  5. FLHuk

6. JustGotSuspended

And have you ever stopped to think why that is? So they do work, there's not too many people on the server, yet it takes them an hour to ban people after they get reports.

Would it be because they have to sift through tons and tons of irrelevant reports to finally reach one that's actually legit, and then ban that cheater? Honestly, the cheater paranoia has really plagued this game from the beginning. If people stopped assuming every death of theirs is to a cheater, perhaps the mod(s) would receive more tangible reports and have faster response times since they don't have to sift through piles of rubbish reports.
  7. Clone117

There really are cheaters/ hackers/ other sorts of ppl out there that are persistent enough to get themselves banned 20 to 30 times simply cause they get a kick out of it. The question is how to go about solving the issue . Sticking your fingers in your ears closing your eyes and pretending it doesnt exist isnt a solution.
    • Up x 1
  8. FLHuk

I've agreed with a hell of a lot of your posts in the past.

But describing flying spawn room killing maxes in the same paragraph as cheater paranoia just makes me sad.

I used to do this as a job, I did give it the odd thought. Not often but a five min response time from pinged, to two warnings to banned took half a thought. Covering 32 HL ports.

These guys are getting a days flying in before being booted.
    • Up x 1
  9. JustGotSuspended

Complaining and exaggerating the severity of the issue doesn't solve it either.
  10. JustGotSuspended

DBG should hire you then I guess.

Honestly I never really understood giving cheating this sort of attention, especially in this game.

Anyways if there's really tons of cheaters flying around everywhere all day then we might need more than just a faster mod.

I already raised this earlier, but a simple thing would be to make new accounts cost something to make. Say a dollar, maybe 5. A reasonable amount, since let's be honest, the game needs players and isn't in the best state. Just enough to deter cheaters from spamming free accounts. Don't charge existing accounts. Since we can agree cheaters do get banned, eventually they would run out of their free accounts, and would then be forced to pay each time they want to cheat. That'll definitely deter most.
    • Up x 1
  11. synkrotron

I made this suggestion the other day on Reddit and got shot down in flames
  12. FLHuk

1 ) Hire, no. They needed an admin console system made years ago and a community lead for admins. Pay the lead, reward the admins with membership. Review them constantly, punish admin abuse harshly and publicly. Get the community engaged. Far too late for that to be made and perhaps no desire. Q E D here we are.

Doesn't matter if it's one guy or 87, their impact on the revenue stream can't be taken too lightly. Finite resources.

2 ) Highlighting. I'm on Cobalt and the number of people that have no idea what the official reporting method currently in force is is staggering. Simply trying to pass on the correct method is hard as hell. This is bonkers and for those that never get to find out might be a good reason to them to leave. We have to try and stop that!

Meanwhile all advertising for this game is based around new content and building hype for it. The last patch has opened up this hole and if one new player leaves based on this current experience what's the point in the advertising and or the content effort.

Finite resources.

You simply can't ignore a flying max for near 12 hours, that's being generous to the recent response times.

----
    P.S. All the normal guys that leap to defend the elites and the subtle use of "tools" are all pretty silent. Do we seriously think a flying aimbotting max is all the goodies in the current goodies bag :D
    • Up x 1
  13. synkrotron

I agree

the amount of times this last week I have had to post "cheater@planetside2.com" in yell chat in response to people giving instructions to use the in-game /report function is quite surprising
    • Up x 2
  14. FLHuk

Actually, good point.

If we're realising finite resources and don't want /report flooding a system....

/report returns text to the window you get the this is your ticket number lie :D
    • Up x 1
  15. JustGotSuspended

I was waiting for the subtle cheater part to pop up lol. Would it surprise you if I told you Santa Claus isn't real?

Come on bro cheaters are cheaters, and given how people report everyone that kills them, I'm pretty sure even the mystically elusive subtle cheaters would get banned eventually.
  16. FLHuk

The answer would be there but how to get it?

Sometimes after a patch we get obvious hackers, they eventually get patched out. It happens, it's a fact, all games suffer this cycle.

During those cycles what does the data collected show us for each player set, new, experienced, older, etc. Do headshots rise, fall or stay the same and in which player sets.

To my mind this would and could prove any and all arguments one way or the other.

----
    I and several admins once chased a suspect TF2 player for months till he slipped. We had a come clean process which he took and sure enough he'd been using subtle assists the entire time.

Best tool I've ever seen was a real player ghost created for the HalfLife TC Natural Selection. Admins would not show up but the cheats would see them, humans wouldn't.

#maximumeffort

P.S. It's worth pointing out there was a member of this forum that was amazing at data pulling from various sources. I asked him a while back about this. He was interested but to his knowledge this information is not there for us as end users.