Everyone trying to get their outfit resources, or alert win, don't deserve to be outfit leaders

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Dec 23, 2021.

1. AuricStarSand

The best reason for a outfit, is to find the best possible fight you can imagine for your empire / faction. That's to say ALL of your faction, not just the members selfishly in your outfit only. Everyone else from other outfits in your faction as well, have to be mentioned. So how does your outfit help the WHOLE faction & not just your outfit resource back pocket? Not to ghostgap for alert wins is how. Sure when the odds are even & you want to play strategic tug of war once awhile, then okay be a ninja. However most just try to win alerts for outfit resource farmers, which ruins the overall enjoyment of everyone on the servers of those who aren't in your outfit. Including those of your own faction, who aren't in your own outfit, but other outfits, also don't enjoy your zerg ghostcapping. So the only solution if for everyone to figure out the best way to play this game & yet get backlash from even bringing up that question; I'd say 3 way fights that are not in the middle of map, that's the bloody goal of this game. 3 Way fights not in middle? A warpgate fight, west or east of map, trying to taunt the 3rd enemy faction to join, & wherever else unique on the map has a more populated battlefield takes place. Or else your just waiting for a big fight with nothing happening for an entire hour.

So many outfits don't do this, I'd say all of them do not. Besides rare exceptions on the weekend. Nobody does that. I've literally had to make a solo outfit (because of no time to mass recruit right now or disbanding soon to do so idk), named " Routers Toward Triple Zergs " (with the logo of the 3 ufo's flying in different directions). [RTTZ] Just to say hey, the main goal isn't your farm, it's a bigger battlefield, it's class combos, I've barely ever seen outfits do flash crashes per week. Ect. Infil crashes? Why only max & medic crashes? How bout more routers to where the other 2 factions? Why 90% of the time, 1 faction is backstabbing the other 2, as the other 2 have a big fight? I don't suggest that. I've seen the factions all come together to play a soccer stadium, with walls, using a NSO guy as a energy ball, while using punishers to use the special punisher ability to push the NSO max around, into goals. 3 factions with a sieze fire, for a game of NSO max football.

Outfit resource farming / or backstabbing bigger fights, by ninja'ing them (besides cutting off the enemy line for many regions = that's fun), should be like 10th on the list, for why your leading a outfit / platoon / squad. Not 1st. Find anything else for your squad to do, then backstab regions, while 2 other factions are having a huge fight, hmm? How about join their big fight? Woah is it too far for your whittle leader to manage? hmm? Usually is. That's why 3 way fights rarely happen outside mid, not because etching their way to them is hard to do, if they are somewhere else besides mid. It's because most squad leaders are too lame to travel there. Take your pick axe & dig for gems. The gems being areas that have had 3 way fights at, the least ever. Then once there, hit a bunch of creative class combos, & that'll be better than parking at a ghostcap base with your zerg, ever will be for hours.

Outfits do full around once awhile on the weekend nights, tho they still lean toward the opposite of everything I mention here for most of the week. Or most of the playerbase only understands, to that level.
  2. PlanetBound

Yeah. I don't know how it works but some outfits fly over just as the base is captured, and get credit for the capture.
  3. RabidIBM

The base capute credit system is based on destruction. You can see who has how many points towards it by pressing tab. The system was designed by a light assault, so things like C4ing empty turrets counts, but reviving team mates doesn't.

In the event that no points are scores, such as 1 minute bases, the most recent arrival gets it. I don't conrone that system, I'm just telling you what it is. So if you really need some blue, treat the 1 minute base like half court basketball, step out and back in to claim the territory.
  4. Tormentos

Amp Stations are most affected. You can get plenty of XP for yourself and the battle score there simply by flipping all generators. If these gennys are stabilized, even better! More points to be made again. It doesn't matter how many enemies you kill, as long as you are flipping the generators and your faction takes the place. Same thing with bases with 4 capture points. If you run around flipping points the most, you get the most credit. Kills get you X amount of XP, Capture point flipping gets you Y amount of XP. Overloading a generator? About 250 XP, Generator blowing up? About 500 XP.
  5. AuricStarSand

This is a silly post I made, out of all of them. Tho it's overdue at the same time. It's essentially a post about;

" Too many Outfit's, zerg ghostcap for years now / gets lame & repetitive "

Also outfits have been picking the lamer regions to assault, even prior to any alert win rewards, prior to outfit resource update as well. They've been doing this just to get their outfit name or flag, mentioned on the map. Making a whole squad just sit at bases for 4 mins at a time, doing nothing / avoiding a unique bigger battle all hour. It's not the developers fault, that their is squad leads who lack imagination.

A lot of times, skipping the bigger fight, all 90 minutes of an alert, wasn't even worth the 150 extra certs you get, from winning the alert (by ninja's strats). Is 90 minutes of duller fights, worth 150 certs of a win? No.

Unless all empires are at 33% & it's some fun equal difficulty tug of war, I'd just drop trying to win for more than half of the alerts & focus on other fun things to do, than trying to win. But that's not the case, literally 24/7 they are ninja'ing or protecting their precious resources. Only 10% of the time do they stop, to join a big battle, or stop to do some random squad class combo game play. I'd suggest the opposite; 90% big battles & class combos & only 10% of the time, to try to win alerts or protect outfit resources.
  6. Tormentos

I'm not even remotely in the leading ranks of my outfit. Still I do my best to make certain wins for my outfit's arsenal. If I engage the enemy base and am in the lead to make it with a bunch of outfitless randoms? The base is for our faction, the certs are for me, the resources are for my outfit. Win-win-win, if you ask me. The last thing the faction needs are cut-offs at elemental parts of the map. So the more of the map we hold, especially in an unstable map, the better. Not to be mistaken for pushes against the enemy warpgates. Only a fool would push that far and once the warpgates stabilized, these territories are not sustainable anyway.
  7. AuricStarSand

It's tough to get new players or pub players to do tricks.
    Outfit players at least want to stay with their outfit & not potentially be kicked.

It's probably tough to get outfit members, on weekends to do stuff. I'd say their should be a squad menu, that is theme based. A theme based squad option UI. So as a squad leader I can just push a button & everyone turns into all these class or vehicle combos. I've barely ever infil's next to any allies ever... on the front line. Saying full infil doesn't work. Only full max or full medic, might. Theirs no way to get pubs to do wild strategies. Maybe some game in the future, has that. Maybe where I can turn my squad into like whatever combos I want. I have 24 guys on my platoon, let's say. I can then pick who I want to be what class or vehicle, I want them to be, at any given time. & they don't have to be my outfit, just pubs. Just regular squad or platoon leader abilities for this new themed ui mode option.

Reason it's optional, is because people have gun directives that may not want to pull classes of the leaders decision. Or other reasons. Freedom. Solo play. Options. Yet, if I want to easily tell a pub squad or platoon, to all grab galaxies, than throw 4 c4 on the front of the nose of the gal's. Than they have some ui menu with text that says " Troops to your galaxies " or something better as for words, or a voice. & then their classes to not pick engi are turned off & they can only pick galaxy & they have a beacon leading them to the vehicle term with arrows, because they are lost noobs. If it's a pub. Then it tells them to throw c4 on the nose of the plane with directive box. Then tells them to stay with their squad leader (because I hit a emote button that tells the whole platoon that). Then the directive says (from a button I pushed & the players get to vote on these strategy emote directive buttons. The next directive button is, " Platoon, Nose dive your galaxies into the enemy prowler division below, aka kamikazee & bail before hitting their tanks, then proceed to ambusher jet c4 them & throw smoke grenades (if you have smoke).

Platoon tip mid flight / emote. " Remember soldiers, use your punisher to avoid enemy tank fire ".
    Just a easier way for pub squads to form Harasser divisions would be awesome.
  8. AuricStarSand

[IMG]

[IMG]
    insta image download hd

This has happened so many times, over the years. It may as well be chinese water torture. Its so repetitive. I don't have the time to recruit for a outfit, tho maybe I have to, just to enjoy playing. It's not just this outfit, all outfits do this. Yet Wildcards exclusively has done this for years now.

I had a platoon try to start a 3 way with Bitol. & btw since Esamir took bio labs out, Bio lab fights barely happen ever. For 1.5 years now. & when they do happen, they barely last longer than 4 minutes. Bio fights are rare, these days. For 20 mins now, 110 enemies are fighting at Bitol bio, we own territory only 1 region away.

I sent my small platoon to link the 3 way fight. My platoon had a 24vs24 tug of war. Meanwhile Wildcards with a fluctuating 24 - 48, doesn't even aid this. They just ghost cap all day, all year, doing nothing, ignoring helping allied silos & ignoring fun 3 way fights. They also don't tank farm the enemy warpgates, they just redeploy once they reach the enemy warps.

So I call them out on it multiple times, that their all just a bunch of ghostcap followers. Greedy outfit resource farmers, who don't help any other outfit on their own faction by doing so. You can say their trying to win by backstabbing TR & NC, while they have a huge fight at Bitol. But that's not the reason they are ghostcapping, their doing it just to farm these overrated resources. That's the only reason. Resources you can win by default, you don't have to make them your outfits main objective. Then they'll bail on progressive fronts all day, just to defend their precious stupid resources. The main zerg outfit, is the ultimate buzz kill.

I told them, " guys we could have had a 110 enemy fight, 15 mins ago (while my platoons been dieing from enemy vanguards, near Bitol). The allied zerg outfit, is just sitting in a empty base doing nothing. Missing out of 1000% more action. Or missing out on 90 minutes of 110 enemy action, for 150 certs. Backstabbing the main unique 3 way battle, to try to win an alert, is lame. Yet their just resource farmers anyways, not strategic ninjas. Makes no sense. That's why I say outfit resource farmers, don't deserve to lead outfits.
  9. JibbaJabba

Was kicked from an Emerald TR pubby outfit platoon this past week.

There was a battle at the Ascent on Amerish. VS was cutoff from it but still had like 20% pop.

It was the classic farm during Triple XP weekend. The TR forces on site could have wiped them out any time. But they were clearly choosing not to do it. Everyone there was clearly having fun.

Enter my platoon.

Our commander couldn't convince his fellow TR leaders to pull out of that fight. So he began to organize the mother of all Kill-bus-kill-fight operations. Wanted the platoon to pull A2G ESFs and go attack enemy spawns at a fight we were not even at. Verbiage like "we'll make it so it's not fun for anyone" was used.

Told the PL I was not going to participate in that ****. Immediately Kicked.

What I really noticed was that nobody else in this outfit's platoon was speaking up. They were all cool with going to **** on the fun of their fellow TR players. Because those players were having fun in a different way than they wanted them to.

Utterly lost respect for that TR outfit.

Same guys that had years earlier been known to blow up busses to deploy their own.
    • Up x 1
  10. RRRIV

Probably was AOD. Ive been kicked out from them before multiple times. unfortunatly, they are all thats keeping TR emerald alive right now.