1 Last time for the players, to give Planetside 2 devs, marketing advice: Mega Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Dec 14, 2021.

1. AuricStarSand

Fantasy MMORPG PVP'ers & FPS'ers of 2021 +
    and their games.

That's who is going to give Planetiside 2 a try.
    PS2 already won, the trophy for most underrated game ever to exist. I've played nearly every fantasy mmorpg game out there & 1/4th of the fps games out there. PS2 is also the most balanced game, I've ever seen (besides silo gameplay of course, kek. tho as for the other classes or vehicles - it's the most balanced game ever). Players:Give the devs your marketing suggestions. For this mega thread. Or Last time to do so:

Why market a 2011 game for 2021+, if other newer games exist?
    Because I've seen all the other games, that are new. I've either played them, or follow youtubers who main them. Philosophers who talk about games. Reviewers, comedy channels, ect. Also aware of the trend that newer games are releasing at. This ongoing theme for the past 20 years of mmorpg gaming. Of lackluster new releases for the rpg scene. Pvp leader, & forum poster from other games to mention. Really PS2 has a lot of potential or room to shine, right now. It just needs some help marketing itself. Maybe the players list some basic examples; of how to tell other pc gamers, about PS2 or else. Start there.

Page 1.

Here's my few suggestions, everyone else adds your own:

- Mmorpg.com articles about PS2 being " the most underrated game of all time" https://www.mmorpg.com/articles

- Summit1g He just started playing Planetside 2 & he recognized it as a underrated game, you can just tell & he has 700k subs, Devs have to sponsor this game, he's probably the devs best bet at a current streamer, who's popular, streaming this game on Twitch or YT streams. https://www.youtube.com/user/summit1g

- Internet Historian covering PS2's transition from SOE to Daybreak, just like how they talked about No Mans Sky devs (2+ million views)

- Bedbananas devs pay them to sponsor a video, like they did for Star Citizen, titled " The Prison Escape ". Which earned 2+ million views.) Comedy semi improvised semi scripted video for planetside 2, with their friends. For their channel. = PS2 marketing.

- Dunkey, devs pay dunkey, he sells cheap merch, I'm sure he'll do it. Yet millions watch his channel. I always watch his stuff. If he played VR chat with is mostly a PC game, than he may play Planetside 2. He's played many PC mini games. Obviously he got his fame from a modded pc Skyrim so. https://www.youtube.com/user/videogamedunkey

- Lazy Peon usually covers fantasy games, but he talks about how he's ran out of good mmorpg content allllll the time, he's always talking about how theirs no good mmorpg's left to talk about or review. So maybe he'll finally just review the better of them all PS2, even tho its a fpsmmorpg. Keep nudging him about it, he has no content left man & he's popular as heck! Figure it out! He'll cover this game! https://www.youtube.com/user/ALazyPeon

- Asmongold is such a nice guy man, all you gotta do to get him on your side. Speaking to the devs. Is just say, " hey I got a underrated proggression based online game, it needs help showcasing itself after all these years of nobody shining light on it, will you help, Asmongold? " essentially, yes. That will probably work. I'm not lying. I've watched countless hours of his videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQeRaTukNYft1_6AZPACnog

- Player Rewards give players special / only gained by / in game rewards, for making videos that gain popularity (those who hit the 100k+ viewer mark) for PS2. As a player, I wouldn't mind if someone had some neat item from doing that. I'm no editing expert. So I wouldn't be that person. Still fine, they deserve it.

- Josh Strife Hayes I'm a philsopher of 13 years. So obviously when I heard of Josh's style, talking about games as if you were some noble gentemen. I agree with that. Anyhow, yes he usually covers fantasy themed mmorpgs. However, he covers soooooooooo many mmorpgs out there, literally all of them to ever exist. He's bound to get to Planetside 2 eventually. Or else offer him, to help try this game. He also tests all games. His channel is growing. He also tests old games. He just started Guild Wars 1 & he found out he liked it a lot. Get him to try a progression based fpsmmorpg.https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRWyPm7MrfotIYF8A8MGV3g

- Preach Preach usually plays fantasy mmorpgs, tho he's really down to try anything. Give him a ring on the tele.https://www.youtube.com/c/Preachgaming

Page 2.

Here's the reasons, why the newest fps games or mmorpg's of 2021+, aren't going to outshine anybody anytime soon. Their isn't a good enough pvp game, for the next 2+ years. Every game is being judged by its audience. Nothing is standing out as victor. Here's why:

Halo Infinite Multiplayer:
    Time played: 1 month. Same level of graphics as PS2, even tho 1 is a 2021 games & 1 is a 2011 game. The graphics are literally equal, for both games. A worst Progression system, than PS2 by 1000 miles (battle pass is stupid, cosmetics only are boring). Smaller maps. Biggest fight is a 12vs12. Has vehicles that can get 1 shot. People will get burned out after another 4 to 6 months, from playing it. They'll add maps too slowly too.

Battlefield 2042:
    (need I say more?) buggy, low graphics, wack, looks like any old xbox fps game, old counter strike days. maps aren't all that. I'm sure it doesn't have much of a progression system either. Haven't bought it.

Valorant:
    When I saw this getting popular, like last year. I was suprised that this is getting popular, but not Planetside 2. Makes no sense then. & Makes no sense now. It's an okay average game, not nearly as good as PS2.

Fortnite:
    PS2 was always better than any battle royal game ever hoped to be. This game just got marketed with so much color, people got high on sugar. Its an overrated, kiddy game. Also people forget, that if Planetside 2 had Fortnite's level of marketing popularity, then Planetside 2, would have had multiple expansion packs years ago. Multiple expansion packs, to compare one game to another. (Imagine PS2 with half as many expansion packs as WoW retail for example.I'd personally vote for Starship Trooper crossover expansion pack with npc Bug Aliens attacking us in game.)

Overwatch:
    Planetside always deserved to be more popular than Overwatch too. Still does. Take their playerbase leftovers.

Warzone:
    Streamers telling people to not play Activision games. Planetside 2 is at least equally as good as Warzone,If not providing more content than Warzone has. Battle Royal is a stupid game mode. I'm glad PS2 Arena failed. I hate Battle Royal.

New World:
    Has had many problems, a failed game. This video describes them all;

Classic WoW:
    Full of bots. Devs didn't listen to the players. I left because Alterac Valley Battleground for pvp, had the Horde Faction win 99.9% of the matches. The Alliance lost due to the devs, never balancing the choke points, near the middle graveyards. The alliance had a 200 yard road chokepoint, on the middle of map. The horde had a 40 yard chokepoint middle of map. The horde had their graveyard behind their road chokepoint, with towers nearby. The alliance had their graveyard in the front, where it was more easily attacked or surrounded. The horde would also pour onto mid field, from their IBGY graveyard, from a hilltop, that nobody can reach. Ruined the moral of 1,000 of players for many months. I quit the game. I lead many pvp'ers during AV. Ram riders solo summoner stealth druid & blizzard aoe mage. What's the lesson, that bridges PS2. Well, Planetside balanced factionvsfactionvsfaction region maps. They have to. But Daybreak earns a billions less dollars than Blizzard or Activision has, right? Okay. So Blizzard has never balanced their first 40vs40 pvp map in all 15 years? isn't that insane, given how much money they make? They never balanced Alterac Valley PVP battleground map for the Alliance faction. For millions of players, for 15 years. So it was a unabalanced map, during vanilla, during retail, during classic, & now again during classic relaunch I bet.

Retail WoW:
    Many lawsuits for Woman Harassment & other issues. Devs not listening to the players. Turned the gamer revolution of gamers arguing with devs not listening to them, across all games right now. As I write this, people are revolting against devs across the board. lol it's not that serious, but it is happening more so than ever before. It is making the difference between which games survive & which games don't, so maybe it is serious. Anyhow streamers talking about players not to play Activision games. Pvp has lame 1 shot mechanics, people do not like that, devs do not listen to that either. Other problem, tho I don't main that game. I just know those who do, have a whole list of problems they are angry about the projection of WoW Retail.

Guild Wars 2:
    Lost many devs during covid season. Half their team or more.

Path of Exile:
    I Played Path Of Exile from Sept 2021 - Nov 2021. I wrote of their forums a ton, even telling the devs how to add content to their game, gaining many popular forum posts or threads. Ultimately the games grind does make the entertainment slow down by lvl 84, which you can gain fast. Learning the skill tree was fun. Eitherway, even tho its a morpg, not a mmorpg. Its also a game that, I see has Planetside 2 players, who enjoy it. Also that PS2 has years of more content, POE has only a number of months worth, for the new player.

Lost Ark:
    New mmorpg releasing soon. At first people will say it's not P2W, because they only pay to progress. Tho once people make a ton of alts, for currency reasons. It'll turn into a P2W game. The North American release soon, is no different. The community will rage quit, due to pay to progress. Or else they'll make it p2w later on. Also Amazon failed New World, so Lost Ark is probably gonna fail in that way too.

Final Fantasy Online:
    Has bad pvp, the players complain about it all the time.

Cyberpunk 2077:
    Need I say more? Should I have to explain this one?

Newer mmorpgs for 2022+:
    Not much for another year or 2+, & even then its usually a over-hyped event.

Newer fps titles for 2022+:
    Not much for another year or 2+, & even then its usually a over-hyped event.

(note; that was the toughest forum post I ever wrote, deleted 1 page & started from scratch. gl hf #savingthisgame)
    • Up x 1
  2. AuricStarSand

P.s. The only good take away from Halo mainly, is the energy shield for your health bar, it has a bigger energy shield & sound effect when breaking. Helping you seem more like, a hero class. I like that. Plus the chars jump a lil higher = space walk.

Also, Star Citizen has been known to have many bugs. So they're lucky enough to have finished that video of it.
  3. csvfr

When Oshur releases non-profit streamers might give the game a go. If the release goes bug free and the continent looks good the game might gain some attention and servers become more populated. Great post btw, funny to see what happened to new world, didn't dare to try it after reading reports of it bricking GPUs.
    • Up x 1
  4. AuricStarSand

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside...ayers_to_give_planetside_2/hook6an/?context=3

Welp. Same post. Tho this one has me debating a ton of Reddit users. So I'm posting it as well. I'm all for it tho.

They believe gameplay is why this game is a rough sell or new player experiences. Well it's not. Parachuting onto a Battlefield game, dieing, then waiting in a lobby to respawn & re-parachute, is way less new player friendly than PS2's 10 second respawn timer. Then were talking about balance, or bugs, graphics, & so on. I have to prove the newer fps titles, all suck at those things, plus the newer titles have worst progression systems by far. It seems with all of these points, you have these nitpicky gameplay balance posters. When the game is more balanced than most fantasy mmorpg games. Blizzard still have 1 shot mechanics, ffs, for its pvp & unbalanced BG maps, for a company that earns millions of more dollars. People need to stop talking about gameplay, realize PS2 has more content then ALL the new titles. & skip these petty debates.

To get PS2 2 million+ views on youtube videos, across multiple game reviewer or comedy channels. Lazy Peon should review this game & give it 400k+ views. Bedbananas should have their friends play this game, edit some clips = 2 million + views. That's what people should be talking about. Not gameplay. Fortnite has worst gameplay, yet how popular is that game. Then you got people pretending like BF2042 has less bugs than PS2, people are so nit picky, it's not helping. This games problem, is that Halo Infinite's multiplayer, which only has 3 months of content, is flooding youtube right now, meanwhile Planetside 2 with 2+ years of better content, is not. That's the overview.
  5. AuricStarSand

PS2 has had 2 popular youtube videos in like 10 years... (unless I'm missing 1).

Angry Joe (9 years ago) -

Spiffing Brit (1 year) -

That's it... 2 videos. 2 popular gamer channels out of like 40 or so.
    40 other popular gamer channels, who review, discuss, or make comedy vids for. Yet PS2 only has 2 channels worth, in 11 years...
  6. AuricStarSand

In the time it takes to parachute down, die, & relobby for a Battle Royal game. The times it takes for a BR game to die & respawn 10 times, I could have died & re spawned 100 times, in that same amount of time. & Both games have the same amount of pros to new players.

So this theory of not being new player friendly, is bs. That's no excuse, for not marketing this game further. When other games give you less time or deaths, to learn from your mistakes.

Also, People don't play New World for the PVE. Theirs plenty of people in WoW who only or mainly pvp to lvl up. Regardless it's still a progression based game, it's a hybrid, & hybrids will always cater to 2 audiences.

P.s. Are Reddit users even fans of PS2, they are so anti-PS2 at this point, I don't even understand why they are following a PS2 group. They can't even list a "new" game, that's better. Not even 1. Yet, they'll still debate you. Unnecessary.
  7. BlackFox

They would need to fix blatant balance issues to make the game relevant again, and the only selling point is "Big battles on big maps".

But if the most praised feature turns out to be the biggest weakness it's hopeless. They have gunplay that's suited for fast paced duel shooters like Unreal Tournament or Halo surrounded by a Battlefield style environment. Big battles are the worst ingame, as it's constantly dying without really archiving anything outside of Zergrushes or Vehiclecamping. Having a small group defending a base against a few enemies is the sweetpoint of the gameplay.

By now they really should consider to work on a Planetside 3 with massively improved concepts and a modern engine that can utilize more than 4 cores of a CPU
  8. AuricStarSand

After they earn 4million+ views, from review, discussion, or comedy videos, from multiple popular gaming channels. THEN, we can talk about game content.

Until then, all these nit picky vets, with their in-game nit picky reasons, are usually the farthest from the truth, on why this game isn't popular. & I'm debating nearly 20 Reddit users on these same points, right now.
  9. UberNoob1337101

People who actively play the game are farthest from the truth, sure bud.

Main problem is, not only do you have very limited coverage by big Youtubers, you also have only 2 mainly Planetside 2 channels that cover the game while getting good view counts : Cyrious who mostly does streams on upcoming/current update changes and Camikaze who mostly makes class build videos + covers some other games on the channel. There are also plenty of smaller PS2 youtubers that make gameplay vids and montages and are quite fun to watch IMO but they usually have problems getting 1k+ views, and don't pop up unless you scroll a lot while searching 'Planetside 2' on Youtube.

You also have the launch trailer with 5.4 million views and each of the faction trailers have ~1million views, people have heard of this game, but they don't stick.

Almost forgot to mention, in Spiff's recordbreaker PS2 vid, he gets stream sniped then bombarded with orbitals and double-teamed, I don't see most of the Spiff Co fellas stick around after that on Cobalt.
    • Up x 1
  10. AuricStarSand

I never said, your 1st sentence. I said people are blaming in-game content, for why this game hasn't been marketed all over youtube in the past 11 years. Which isn't the truth at all, to why this game isn't globally known.
  11. AuricStarSand

I'm aware of Camikazee, he's on my server, & even better friends with Moukass. I understand these mid-tier streamers & how hard they've had it, by trying to highlight this game. Thus contacting bigger youtube channels, to ask for help.

Most haven't heard of it, or they need reminding, because nothing is out right now, the trend is gone, stop waiting. I already proved only 2 top yt channels covered it, in the past 11 years. AngryJoe & SpiffingBritt. That's nothing. Unless your an amateur at talking to youtube channelers. It's worth a shot.

Also people need to stop piggybacking off what I said, that is to say reddit is going to town, I've had to defend my *** off, on Reddit. Half seem like trolls, & the others need explaining. It's like their fans of the games I mentioned, the list, that proves PS2 is better than any new games on the market or old ones. Pretty much. Which isn't a fanboy theory, it's a philosophy based theory at this point. I know the mmorpg culture & fps scene, I still stand by this point. I'll defend it & go down with my ship, the most underrated game to ever exist, just needed more players, for more expansion packs.

So once Reddit, stops replying to my initial statements & starts answering the real question, how to get the word out about this game? then we can get the ball rolling. Until then, it's a flame war on Reddit & I'm never posting on Reddit again. Also half of them don't even seem like true PS2 fans, they seem like they came from other games. It feels like I'm having a flame war, with League of Legends players on Reddit.

As for the topic: How can players (meaning not just nitpicking my suggestions, add your own man!) help the devs, sponsor this game for the outreach of youtube awareness? Hmm? Figure it out, I wrote enough today as it is.

P.s. I don't think anything of any of these older or newer fps games, I'm even a bigger fantasy mmorpg pvp leader & rp'er... & still agree, that PS2 deserves a billion times more spotlight, the same lvl Fortnite got & the same lvl Classic WoW got, during the highest popularity of those games. & Since nothing is going to come out for the next 2 years, besides overhyped junk p2w garbage with bugs & overrated graphics, fps games lacking progression systems or bigger maps... or mmorpg pvp games that people are complaining about 1 shots... maybe people should just highlight PS2 already. Via reviews, comedy channels, articles, the word out. It's time, if not now, then when?
  12. OpolE

Better off fixing up PS1 a bit and building access to it in AllAccess PLAN!!!!
  13. AuricStarSand

Well if your gonna wake a dead thread, for your PS1 promo.

The only other video I found was Mandalore's that had high numbers. However his review was mostly downplaying the game, I began playing during 2017, so as a new player I never noticed all these bugs or anything he's mentioning.

So yeah he talks down about the game for 2017, more than he should. I'm sure the game could have been improved during the 2017 era, still I would have suggested the game then for audiences & this guy doesn't.

It's good that he goes over how the game transitioned from its previous company, the PhyX comparison videos, & what this game could have been. Still he should have gave it a better review. What were people even playing in 2017, Fortnite? Bet Mandalore gave Fortnite a better review (noob).