Emerald LAG - bug report thread, please post your examples

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fishy, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Fishy

In the past 2 weeks or so Emerald is laggy, symptoms:
    • Repairing a vehicle does not persist, or the round progress circle fills and then losses a few bubbles (does not stick)
    • Kill animations\graphics for vehicles and infantry are delayed by 1-2 seconds
    • Deploying or un-deploying a Sunderer takes a very long time (3-5 seconds), the 'deploying sunderer' or 'mobile' text notification blinks during that time.
    • The whole game experience feels like the server is not keeping up with client actions, and is slow to respond
    • Up x 4
  2. Grandizer

Good luck Fishy. I already posted in this sub over a week ago with server ping examples and not even a reply. If you notice, the website here also starts to lag.

It's lagging right now on Hossin. I've been killed inside the spawn from gunfire, getting killed from a distance fully cloaked and still like I'm not cloaked and players are telling me they see me uncloaked.

My game shows 180fps on Ultra with Fast v-sync on, yet the actual game play feels like 15.

No one is acknowledging the issue that's been ongoing for 2 weeks now
  3. Mithril Community Manager

Greetings everyone, all continents except Esamir should have good latency. The team is looking into the issue with Esamir. If you are still encountering these heavy latency issues on Emerald, please state which continent you are playing on at the time of the occurrence. Thanks!
  4. BigNStrauss

I've noticed that the last couple days have been having some weird ping issues on Emerald too, not just Esamir but all continents and Sactuary. Usually my network and server ping are around 30-60ms, very normal. But now during peak hours (like 5:30 pm EST - 11:30 pm EST) my network ping is like 120+ ms and the server ping doesn't even show. Connection quality is either yellow or red.

I tried making a character on Connery to test it and both pings are a lower on there than they are on Emerald and I live on the east coast, not as low as they used to be on Emerald but that makes sense given the distance.

This hasn't happened before so I don't think it's on my end, and all other games / services run perfectly fine with their expected low ping.
  5. JustGotSuspended

Today it's been super laggy. Only one fight on during off hours and the server keeps disconnected every few minutes. Quite frustrating.

Occurred on Amerish and Hossin. 3pm gmt + 3 and earlier before that but I can't remember.
  6. BoomBoom4You

Indar right now is getting lag spikes, ping is 300-500 when I check and orbital strikes take about a full minute to go off.
  7. croolk

all continents have been experiencing lag for the last couple days
  8. Fishy

9. Mithril Community Manager

Noted, thanks all. The team continues to investigate this issue, we'll have more info as it becomes available.
  10. Edorost

Lag seems to be the worst when the population gets over 48 on each side.

Also worth noting, API for Recursion Stat Tracker does not work on Emerald but works just fine on Cobalt and Connery. Hope that helps.
  11. Mithril Community Manager

Noted, the API has been removed for Emerald as part of the investigation into the latency issues with the server. Sorry for the inconvenience, the team is continuing to look into this.
    • Up x 1
  12. Evil.Iguana

Just wanted to report that as of last night the issue seems to have been resolved. Performance was great all evening even in large battles.