The medic mission

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Nov 29, 2021.

1. RabidIBM

Score kills, no problem. Get revives, also no problem. Heals........ugggggghhh where to start?

Well, playing this mission, I truly get why I have to V2 26,000 times to get somebody to heal me even when surrounded by medics. Finding people who:
    -took enough damage to take HP damage
    -2 won/survived/escaped
    -3 didn't immediately pop a sh1tter stick
    ...it's a real SOB. Getting credit with the shield regen device is no better. The fight needs to be static, team mates need to be taking hits, but not head shots, and not run away...for long enough for the scoring system to notice.

The thing I find seems to be the fastest is running around with the Jesus field on hopping it hits someone, but even this takes a bloody long time. Hence when I log in I'm usually greeted by "Mission failed: Sawbones". I really don't know why I keep grabbing it.

Anyways, the heal game is brutal, maybe it needs another look/discussion.
    • Up x 2
  2. LodeTria

There's no doubt that certain parts of some missions are really annoying to do. This one and the heavy assaults are usually the worst.

To make getting this mission as tolerable as possible, don't revive using the med tool, use revive grenades instead. They res people at half health. Combined with the shield bubble & triage on a flash/javelin, it'll be much quicker than than just hoping people are at less than 500hp and don't have a skillstick already pumping into them by the time you've pulled out your medtool.
    • Up x 1
  3. Redfeather1975

I cannot do class missions within the time I can play each day. I wish there was no time limit so it could be treated as a long term goal.

Could we please maybe have an NPC that rotates missions each day and we can carry/complete 5 maximum per day... but remove the time limit (on at least the class mission ones).
  4. Liewec123

totally agree it can be a pain to do parts of some missions,
    like revive mission when noone is accepting revives or there are just an overabundance of medics in the area.

i'm a firm believer that these missions need changing to give percentage completion for whatever action you take.
    get a kill? get 5% mission completion.
    revive? 5% mission completion.
    heal/shield recharge? 1% completion.
    tadaa! you don't need to grind specific things, just play medic for awhile and you will complete the mission.

everyone dying too fast to get heal/shield xp? don't worry about it,
    too many medics in the area so you can't get revives? don't worry about it,
    just play as the class and everything you do will be counted towards mission completion.
    you could play heavy and do nothing but fire lock-ons at ESFs and you'd complete the heavy mission.
    you could play engi and do nothing but repair, mission completion.
    • Up x 1
  5. Redfeather1975

That change would be amazing. It wouldn't feel like an impossible checklist, but instead feel like playing the role is always progressing towards mission completion! :eek:
  6. Redfeather1975

To add to that percentage based mission thing. If that is too hard to implement then the missions could have 6 objectives and once 3 objectives are completed the mission is done.

So a current class mission is like this.

Repair 30
    Resupply 30
    Kill 10

And it could become

Finish 3 of these 6 objectives.
    Repair 30
    Repair 60
    Resupply 30
    Resupply 60
    Kill 10
    Kill 20

Then if someone repairs 60 they have actually completed 2 since you need to pass the repair 30 mark to reach 60. So to finish 3 objectives a person could for example just repair 60 and kill 10.
    • Up x 1
  7. Scroffel5

Dude I was thinking the exact same thing. I like playing Medic but that Sawbones quest is so hard solely for heals. For me, I survive long enough to take health damage and not instantly die, but my teammates aren't me. They just get capped, and then there aren't enough exp ticks to reward you for healing, so if they only take a little bit of damage, oh well. healing them doesn't help you.
    • Up x 1