[Suggestion] Dragoon Battle Rifle stat changes/buffs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JarredGalaxy, Nov 27, 2021.

1. JarredGalaxy

The MG-HBR1 Dragoon is a weapon that really is in need of some buffs to a few of its stats as currently in the game its performance is really not that great and in need of tuning, I discussed some ideas with people before and I have a few suggestions on how to improve it and give it some more TR theme.

Mag Increase
    Firstly is ammo and mag size, this gun has the lowest ammo amount of the 3 new Battle Rifles with just 8 bullets which is kind of dumb when looking at TR traits and mag sizes and the fact this gun is fully automatic, it has a Heavy Mag which only increases it by 2, the default mag IMO should be increased to 12 with the Heavy Mag increasing it to 15 or 18.

Fire Modes
    One of the unique traits of the Dragoon is it's a fully automatic battle rifle, it comes with an attachment that's able to make it semi-auto which helps reduce recoil and improve accuracy, to me this is a bit crazy of having to spend certs to completely change its firing, it should be given an auto and semi auto fire mode that can just be swapped out. In addition to this I have an idea for a 3rd fire mode which is an attachment that will replace the Single-Fire Barrel I call the "BR Adaptor" when equipped this will replace the semi-auto fire mode with a 3x burst mode that works similar to the Jackal BX Adaptor, making the barrels spinup and fire 3x burst with high recoil, useful for CQC, the spinup requires half a second and the recoil will make it not useful for long range shots.

Explosive Ammunition buff
    The other unique trait of the Dragoon is its Explosive Ammunition attachment, sacraficing some direct damage for 75 splash damage at 1.5 meters, good for like damaging a group of enemies in tight indoor fights but pretty much a meme, the radius should be either raised to 2.5 meters or splash damage increased to 90, another idea I have for the EA is also granting some AMR capability by being capable of doing increased small arms damage to Flashes, Harassers and ESFs, and also capable of doing 50 damage to Sunderers, Valkyries and Liberators, and 25 damage to Lightnings and Galaxies, MBTs wont be damaged by it.
    • Up x 1
  2. RRRIV

i disagree with the AMR capabilities. While not game breaking, it pretty much useless in the grander scheme and unnecessary.

im not sure about the 3X burst mode since the weapon isn't meant to perform at CQC, though i do agree it should have access to semi-auto by default.

Instead of the 3x burst, you could give it a "recoil stabilizer module" which applies the buffs that is given to semi auto mode to all fire modes, while having the new stock semi auto mode be literally just that. semi-auto with none of the buffs.
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

what i find odd (well not really considering who is in charge) is that Obelisk got the rapid fire hipfire attachment.
    Obelisk was already easily the best of the 3 with its heat ammo and no drop,
    but the attachment to allow it to be used as a hipfire SMG would have been very fitting for TR.

i do like your idea for "BR Adaptor" though :)

also i would change explosive ammo to deal 200 splash and direct hits (with explosive ammo) get reduced to 134,
    so bodyshot ttk wouldn't change, headshot ttk would be worse but you'd gain aoe potential.
    the current explosive ammo is pitifully unnoticeable AoE
    and at the cost of making the weapon a 4 shot kill with bodyshots (instead of 3)
  4. JarredGalaxy

The use of the BR Adaptor is to be a type of hipfire attachment as it effectively converts it into a shotgun somewhat, I also agree with your idea on the Explosive Ammo buff, course cant make the AOE damage too high as we dont want to repeat of the Seeker HLX course Scout Rifles aren't available to Light Assaults so we wouldn't really have that regardless LOL. I think the Explosive Ammo should get vehicle damage capabilities as just an added bonus though may not be very practical on armor could make it more useful on MAXes.
  5. VV4LL3

TR has a scout rifle that is used in fully auto 7 round burst (some how.... not sure how people are able to fire all 7 rounds in 2 seconds, but it happens...) Between that and the minigun, TR Scout, Light, and Heavy is well equipped with weapon options.