[Suggestion] MAX Tactics and Other Tips

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Scroffel5

I notice that on Emerald, when NC is up against MAXs and an overpop, they don't pull MAXs for some reason. So if you are up against these things, pull a MAX and just run out, as long as a tank is not shelling the spawn room at that time. Then run straight towards the enemy. They most likely won't have their launchers out, so you can run right in before getting demolished.

However, there is another thing that I noticed Emerald NC doesn't do. I have lately decided to do this and push the enemy back solo a considerable distance. The problem is, NC doesn't follow me. I push all the way up to the danger zone and just body block bullets, and my team is nowhere to be found. Therefore everyone, watch who pushes, especially if it is a MAX, and stick with them. We can only push if we work together.

Another tactic I don't see used very often is pulling vehicles from another base to fight a zerg. This is especially important. Let's talk a minute about what happens in the typical zerg.

Galaxies, Liberators, Valks, and ESF come in first, kill stuff, and drop off players. Then they hover overhead for a bit until players start doing a little damage to them and then they fly away and come back. Then the tanks, sundies, and harassers roll in and blow up all of the vehicles. The sundies deploy and continually spawn players until everyone who is going to be at the fight is there, and then everyone goes to the point, takes it, and then pushes to spawn and camps. Then the tanks get an angle on the spawn room and shell it. That is basically the gameplay in a zerg.

Now what are the problems with this? Most of the players here are suffering from severe tunnel vision. The tanks don't move at all. They just sit still because they feel invincible. No one is going to snipe them with a rocket launcher. They are too busy being shelled. There is no one to defend the sundies because no one is really dying. They just get revived, so they don't really need to REspawn; they only need to spawn.

What does this mean for the people who pull vehicles from another base? You are unnoticed. If you take 4 AP Lightnings and work together, you can instantly gib a tank before they can react. That is the power of a small squad. You can do this for every vehicle you encounter, though doing it to a Harasser would prove to be much more difficult. The thing is, not many people are going to realize what is happening, save the air who is actually continuing to move. They won't notice the people who just got instantly destroyed because they are too focused on themselves and their own streak. Even if one turns around, you still have the upper hand for the time being.

Whats even better about this strat is that you don't need to use tanks. You can be even cheaper and take Cloaked Flashes and ANTs and destroy as many vehicles as stealthily as possible. Here's how you do it.
    Take a cloaked Flash and get a Light Assault with 2 bricks of C4, or if you take an ANT, get 3 other people with 2 bricks of C4 each. Cloak, and drive behind the tanks or sundies. Do not decloak. If you are on the Flash, let the Light Assault jump off and C4 the tank while they aren't paying attention. If they don't get finished, take your Flash and shoot it the rest of the way dead. Go back and get more C4 and do it again and again, and do it to tanks that are sitting still. If you are on an ANT, you can just keep dropping people off and destroy even more tanks before having to come back. The ANT is much safer and lets more people attack, so its the better strat, but it is more expensive. If you work together, and have just ONE squad, you can wipe out a big helping of that zerg! 12 people per squad is 3 ANTs with 4 people in it, 1 driver and 3 others. That means you have 18 bricks of C4 per ANT, and thats a lot of damage.

So the next time you are in a zerg and getting wiped, take a few guys, make a squad, and do this. You'll be glad you did.
  2. csvfr

NC maxes have been bad for several years now, and will invariably lose 1v1 against enemy MAXes that use skilled play such as going for headshots. Furthermore while running "right in" the NC max will take a lot of damage and will have lost health even before coming within the effective range for the shotguns. This is bad usage of the NC MAX suit and 450 wasted nanites. Good tactics capitalize on the high burst damage and is reliant on engineers for repairs.

[IMG]

NC tanks are also bad, the worst MBT AFAIK. This is what allows the other factions to establish vehicle dominance in the first place. A multi-people counterassault from other bases will sometimes fail, and as such most are not motivated to do that. I'm sure if you'd ask random people to join the plan, the base would be lost long before enough people were amassed. The flash plan, while it might be done with a friend, does not save the base as the drivers of whatever vehicles are destroyed can repull a vehicle as soon as the zerg progresses. And this will occur unless all sunderers are destroyed and the enemy barred from replacing them. In fact something simple like hacking and camping the vehicle terminal at the closest enemy base would be comparably effective.
  3. Clone117

Get 3 guys to chain pull fury flashes to bum rush the same vehicle till it dies. Mbts will get melted from side or rear with this approach. Only harrasers may survive due to greater speed. Nc max is still helpless outside pointblack. They would be better if aegis shield allowed for shooting one arm and sprinting while up. As it is now. Survival completely depends on constant sprinting to keep movement speed up and only attacking once an opportunity presents itself.
  4. Scroffel5

Hey, it works well for me killwise. The enemies don't expect it. The problem is that people don't move the front lines up now that you have cleared the way and made people scared so that they move back. Thats the point of telling people to stick with MAXs. So I wouldn't say it is a bad tactic. If no one supports you, most things are a bad tactic, wouldn't you say?

And ok, I didn't know the NC tank was really bad. I can imagine so, because since it has more health, that only benefits you when you are getting shot at, but I never really thought about it.

And yes, but actually no. Blowing up vehicles who are keeping infantry off of the points and inside the spawn is helpful to dealing with an overpop. It allows your team room to breathe, and without something they can't or at least won't deal with stopping them from approaching, they can finally start to make progress. And yes, you would have to blow up every Liberator, Sunderer, and Beacon to stop them from spawning, which you aren't expected to do alone. You don't need to do that to regain a foothold in the base. You just need your people on points long enough to deal with those threats, hence why I was talking specifically about targetting tanks. Ending a few sunderers does help you a lot too, don't get me wrong, but you need your team to be able to push. And sure, you can go and hack a vehicle terminal too, but what good does that do if you haven't destroyed any vehicles for people to go back to spawn a new one? You could always do that first, but you might as well destroy a vehicle and help your team while you're at it.
  5. Scroffel5

Thats a good tactic too, but yeah, you are gonna probably get wiped by a Harasser due to their sheer speed and power.

And yeah, it would be cool if you could shoot from behind the shield or run with it.