[Suggestion] Anvil restrictions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Nov 24, 2021.

1. RabidIBM

Here we go again, it happened again today. I dropped an anvil, and some snaky **** ran up and grabbed it out from under me while I was selecting what build of my vehicle I wanted.

Make these restricted to outfit use by default, with the ability to unlock if I choose to. My outfit made it, it belongs to us. This has mostly been a great thing about Planetside is the lack of friendlies stealing stuff like in Battlefield. I still remember when PS launched seeing all the battlefielders clustering around the vehicle pads trying to jump into tanks as they spawned, either jumping out after seeing they were in the gunner seat to "try again", or just getting road killed over and over. I enjoyed that because I had my tank stolen so many times in battlefield while I was repairing it.

Unfortunately, that "steal from friendlies" meta from battlefield is exactly what we have with anvils now. Please fix it.
    • Up x 4
  2. Liewec123

Yup only happened once with me, and luckily only a light anvil, naturally I introduced them to my decimator.
    anyone who steals an anvil should expect to die instantly.
    • Up x 3
  3. RabidIBM

Well guys, I gotta bump this one. Someone tried it again today. This time I saw it coming and was quick enough, but there was a "team mate" about half a second away from the Anvil console when I pulled my vehicle. I know what he was trying to do. If I needed further proof, I took a second once I was in to have a look around before moving, in that time the same guy jumped in and out of my vehicle several times, no doubt mashing F1 while in it. Guy also left my Walker with 2 rounds remaining before the reload...that was real handy.

So yeah, guys like this need to not be able to do this crap.
    • Up x 2
  4. JibbaJabba

Went to drop an Anvil the other day at Chimney Rock. Whole offense was stalling, they only had a Sundy on that West side, kinda south of the point.

I dropped one on the north side. Before I could get a Sunderer deployed, a PIGS guy turned it into a tank and drove off to get himself killed like a minute later.

The original sunderer was destroyed about the same time so the entire offense came to a halt. The whole fight ended.

Dude literally killed a fight for 100 people with this bull ****.
    • Up x 1
  5. JibbaJabba

Corrected for perfect accuracy. :D

If I can't handle someone instantly I'm going to take some time out of my day for them later...
    • Up x 2