[Suggestion] For Those Who Complain About Infiltrators and My Suggestions

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Scroffel5, May 14, 2019.

1. JustGotSuspended

Obviously, because the platoon's goal isn't to create 48 high-kdr dudes abusing cheese, it's to actually get something done.

Sniping is low risk, high reward. People complain about shotguns, but 1hk cloakers are what's worst about clientside. Add to the fact that the devs constantly work to make it an even more braindead class, by adding stuff like stalker cloak and daimyo. In a game this massive, there shouldn't be room for invisible stuff.
    • Up x 2
  2. Twarion

Long range sniping is... CQC sniping isn't...
    If CQC sniping is the easy way to stack up kills, it would get used by platoons to generate pressure ... cause at the end of the day, killing more **** on point than your enemy is what more often than not wins the battle... but Heavies are much more consistent at doing that...

Kinda agree on the stalker cloak though, especially with deep operative, which makes you almost invisible... when crouched even while moving...
  3. JustGotSuspended

simply stand cloaked somewhere where an enemy is going to appear and let clientside do the rest. Add to that stuff like the daimyo and you've basically got yourself a reliable 1hk at any range, without anyone being able to react against it.

It's better than shotguns because it's more accurate, doesn't rely on randomness, and there's not a range where you'll be severely disadvantaged.
    • Up x 1
  4. Tormentos

All this salt about infiltrators. If the class would be removed, you would just complain about the next best thing constantly killing you.
    For real: If a stalker manages to sneak into a group of enemies, all focused on something else and nobody pays attention, and he just activates a ripper, which in the entire firefight gets overheard, and starts swinging... Who's really to blame here? The one guy who managed to sneak up on them laying people to rest or the group of bumpkins stupid enough not to pay attention or taking any precautions?
  5. VeryCoolMiller

I recently started to play infiltrator and both score per hour and k/d ratio raised considerably.
    TBH I will continue to abuse it until they will understand how broken the class is, but pretend that the class is fine is a bit denial.
  6. Scroffel5

Yes. It is quite easy to go on streaks with a sniper rifle, as people don't really try to counter you, and the people that do, you either kill or you don't. People are clueless to their surroundings and will constantly hull up around a place their team is getting sniped at. Then for SMG Infiltrators, I honestly just get caught lacking a lot, but when I am actively searching for them, piece of cake. Its more of a trial when they have a suppressor and Radar Shield. Then Stalkers feel like a plague because you won't find them without a Darklight or unless they mess up. There were these two Stalkers, husband and wife, and they had the QCX and they were just lighting me up. I was one of the few people to actually survive them. Then they messed up, the wife accidentally TK'd the husband after I damaged him, and then I got her too. Twas fun.
  7. d3c0y

There is flat out nothing over powered about the cloak lol, you can literally hear cloaks going off a mile away, they are visible as anything unless sitting dead still and crouched....even that isn't consistent sometimes as deepcloak may not trigger for whatever reasons. If you spot their distortion you already have the advantage unless you wait to shoot for some reason.

Given how much emphasis is placed on aim and HEADSHOTS in this game, it's legitimately hilarious to state snipers with a stealth tool have no place in this game, you complain, but if it's so OP and easy, please, show us.

Honestly, if you have any idea on class balance you know, medics and HA's win vs smg infils pretty regularly, LA/Engi can be on mostly even ground, though carbines tend to win if you can aim, medics and engi's with battle rifles can readily beat out a snipe with in reasonable distances, you won't out snipe a sniper cross hex, but don't for a moment think those are easy shots for the sniper to land either, not without practice.
  8. d3c0y

Lol, way to bs your way through in hopes of seeing change, guarantee you're being laid out by HA's and Medics all over. I mean, if you really are doing that well or not just breaking even, kinda further evidence the bulk of decent long term players have left the game.
  9. VeryCoolMiller

Everyone die with 3 bullets in the head and you decide when and how engage and you shoot first... you are denial.
  10. d3c0y

not really, 5+ years of playing and dealing with it would suggest otherwise, only reason i don't play now is because briggs died and shut down and 150+ms in fps games isn't fun, fair to others or playable for me.
  11. d3c0y

Also don't think enough people realise that removing cloak, splitting sniper to a new class or another class and outright further nerfing their gameplay will likely cause another exodus of players. Maybe the intent is to try and kill the game with their whining?

Power knife nerf is kind of pathetic for such a niche, underused thing in the game, aurax chainblade all the way anyway, but just sad. More likely to die to HA with overshield and the META lmg than a powerknife 9/10 times.

People just don't want to put any effort into anything anymore, full stop. Maybe stop blaring youtube/spotify in the background so you can actually hear things around you in game?
    Maybe don't turn down the MaxVoices option, limiting the amount of sounds around you at a given time which may incidentally be clipping key queues?
    Maybe don't ignore the obvious distortion, shaped like a person and/or moving?
    Maybe use claymores, if in a defensive position....or spitfires?

If a sniper headshots you from 200m away, them having the cloak of not makes literally ZERO difference, bullet trails are a thing and REGULARLY give away positions, for the whining about KDR's, why the hell do you think so many people play HA?
    How bout player's who perpetually do nothing but play tanks to go after infantry?

Above either of those, why are you playing a game that is all about teamwork and taking territory/objectives and worrying so much about KDR rather than whether or not your playing the objective?

It's like all the id10ts that moan about sunderer killers, 'we were about to take that base, why'd you kill the fight?'....
    ahhh, hello? should our team just roll back to the next base and not defend? at that point, let them have ghost caps and leave to another fight, it's just pathetic.
  12. BlackFox

That's what happens for not balancing the game over the years - the only ones left are those who play Infiltrator mainly, all the other players were driven away by them.

The difference bewtween a cloaker and a heavy is that the heavy is visible, lights up when using the shiled and gets slower while doing that. The infiltrator has no real counter to it - invisibilty based on non-intended RNG and weapons with the highest damage ingame.

(I brought up the idea of remving abilities from the HA and INF in favour of their equipment making them distinct - HA has rocket/missile launchers and LMGs while the INF has sniper weapons, motion sensors and the ability to hack terminals. Shield and cloak aren't really necessary to begin with)