Prototype Technology - Campaing Missions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Guazy, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Guazy

Hi guys, I started new Campaing missions today. However, I am stuck somewhere and cannot move forward.

Mission 1: Earn spawn experience from your Deliverer Prototype in a contested area
    - For this, I had players spawn in a war-intensive region with a Deliverer Prototype I purchased from the vehicle terminal and completed the mission.

Mission 2: Earn spawn experience from your Lodestar Prototype in a contested area
    - Likewise, with the Lodestar Prototype I bought from an airplane terminal, I made the squad members spawn in a place where the war was intense. But it still shows 0/20.

Is this a bug? Or is there something I missed? Can you help me please. Thanks.
    • Up x 1
  2. Guazy

Edit: For this mission to be valid, Lodestar Prototype must also be deployed by pressing the B key.
  3. BlackFox

I think people avoid the Loadstar currently, because there's a high chance to fall through the map
    • Up x 2
  4. Soul_Shinobi

This mission was a huge sticking point. Also the spawns are not being counted properly, it seems every other spawn XP message I got on screen didn't increment the counter. They're just beta testing new vehicles to add to the game, so making a mission tied to their broken use is kind of silly.
    • Up x 2
  5. Liewec123

i've made a point of avoiding the campaigns since chapter 1 because of tedious stuff like this,
    but a few days back i placed a spawn router in an enemy hex that we were capping
    and i was getting "bonus lodestar spawn XP" when people spawned there.

so while i personally can't verify if you can speed through the annoying lodestar mission this way,
    it might be worth a try before it gets patched. :)
  6. Johannes Kaiser

With a bit of craftiness you can use this for quick insertions. Land it on a roof and BAM your guys spawn inside the building to everyone's surprise.
  7. Soul_Shinobi

Saw someone confirm last night that their construction spawn tube was doing the same thing.
  8. RabidIBM

Elysium spawn tubes and routers count as Lodestar spawns because this game just works. You're welcome.
    • Up x 1
  9. BlackFox

What an optimized game that guarantees optimal functionality through tight Qualitiy Checking Procedures ™
  10. RabidIBM

I hear you man, it is frustrating. It's important to remember that this game is held together by a shoe string budget, so extensive testing is probably not available within the budget. What a game it would be had it been allowed to keep its own money instead of constantly getting pints of blood pulled out of it to fund other failed projects...sorry...to fund better opportunities.
    • Up x 1