[Suggestion] Lodestar and Deliverer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SgtBlacksmith, Nov 17, 2021.

1. SgtBlacksmith

RPG,

I have never made a post like this before and I understand that you're inundated with these types of messages, but please at least hear me out. The "Lodestar Prototype" and "Deliverer Prototype" are great additions to the game. They're experimental, and a little rough around the edges, but they add some much needed variety to the logistics aspect of Planetside, which has always been about Sunderers.

Here's my plea: fully realize the Lodestar and Deliverer as their own vehicles. It's obvious that the option to turn them into simple certification packages for the Galaxy and ANT is very attractive, but please fight against taking the path of least resistance. Making new vehicle meshes, animations, and load out options for the Lodestar and Deliverer will be much harder than simply handing over the modifications you've already developed for the ANT and Galaxy prototypes, that much is true.

However, the team has proven this year that they are more than capable of creating quality new vehicle with the Chimera and Dervish. Given the opportunity, I am confident they could make awesome new vehicles out of the Deliverer and Lodestar. I can't stress enough how much the community would enjoy getting new fully realized vehicles added to the mix for all factions. It would turn a minor addition to the game into something very exciting.

This mat already be your plan, but I'm inferring from the work done already (the Galaxy deployment animation especially), that the plan right now is not to fully realize the Lodestar and Deliverer. If the ball is already rolling in that direction, please consider halting it, as painful as that may be to change directions mid-project. The end result would be very much worth it. I have been talking for a couple hours with other players, and I've yet to encounter anyone who doesn't want to see the Lodestar and Deliverer make it into the game as full vehicles. In fact, there is quite a palpable excitement in the community right now which could be capitalized on.

I know at least RPG Mithril is active on the forums, so if anyone from RPG is reading this message please consider showing my words to a co-worker.
    • Up x 4
  2. Lordigo

Hey mate, i just saw the deliverer and the prototype ingame. Is there a way to spawn these as a player or whats the thing about them? Thanks in advance.
  3. Scroffel5

Great post man. I like it.
  4. csvfr

Disagree, the game has enough vehicles. When quick spawning there are 9 tiny symbols to choose from: ESF, Valkyrie, Galaxy, Flash, Harasser, Lightning, ANT, MBT, Sunderer. It becomes unnecessarily complex with 2 extra vehicles serving no other purpose than providing a spawn. Especially the deliverer, everything it does can be done better by a sunderer.
    • Up x 1
  5. Wizd

Nothing that can't be iterated on, splitting quick spawn options into groups (air/land and logistics/combat) would be good even with current vehicle variety.
  6. Gakarat

Once upon a time we had deployable galaxies. Came with their own version of sunderer deploy shield too. Please NEVER AGAIN. Turn the "Lodestar" into a Lodestar and no clue on the deliverer. Shocked it came with ammo, not many people need ammo resupply vehicles, new players mostly without ammo printer.
    • Up x 1
  7. JustGotSuspended

Glad they brought these things back, I hope they say. I would tweak the deploy vehicles so that the lodestar and the deliver are foreward spawns, meaning their no deploy area around a base is smaller than a sunderer's. I would then buff the health of the sunderer so a solo la will have a tough time dealing with one.

This way each vehicle has their purpose, but the sunderer still remains the most important spawn option, the other 2 act more like routers.
  8. Soul_Shinobi

I was apprehensive at first but I understand they want to make it easier to start fights and are clearly testing these to decide if they want to keep them in the game. The Deliverer is too powerful in terms of its durability and being able to deploy in Sunderer no-deploy areas, would be too easy to spam these at a base and make it impossible to stop a take as a long term result. Oh, and they're fast af. The Loadstar is interesting and I have no immediate issues other than there being a few bases with mountains above them that putting a spawn on is too powerful, but, we already have Anvil drops, so...
  9. VV4LL3

True. I feel like a loadstar should be a new and unique airframe all together.
  10. RabidIBM

I'm just glad to see some new content added to the vehicle game. Variety is the spice of life after all. Of course the current forms aren't well balanced, they are prototypes. There is actually no reason to play the deliverer other than campaign progress, it is more expensive than a sunderer, and more fragile. That is fine, they are sticking to what I've loved Planetside for, not being pay to win, not making the new content OP to boost sales (other than a certain crossbow). They're trialing concepts in a way that they won't completely break the current game.

As for giving them different models instead of being mods for current vehicles? Sure, why not? They've spent money on worse ideas. What I'd really like is to see some of the vehicles cycled out for faction specific stuff to give the game more flavor. The dynamic of Prowler vs Vanguard vs Magrider adds some nice variety to the game, and I would love to see more asymmetry, as long as it is followed up with the balance fixes which will be inevitably needed.