Constant hacker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by shortstraw, Nov 14, 2021.

1. shortstraw

Is anyone going to do something about manusucknc? Or is he smarter than the devs that protect us from players like that?
    • Up x 1
  2. DarkQuark

I just logged out because he is on Emerald as "manusucktr". I have logged out several times in the last few weeks because of this person insta-killing people inside of spawn.

If this happens again I am pulling my subscription.
    • Up x 1
  3. netBattler

Lmao I've seen him a few times... can't believe he's still on! hahahaha
  4. JibbaJabba

Did YOU report it via cheater@planetside2.com

(I reported the NC variant of it... it was gone within 15min)
    • Up x 1
  5. JustGotSuspended

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah people complain a lot an yell at everyone to /report when that does nothing.

Best thing to do is to email or make a ticket on the cs site, and the guy gets banned fairly quickly.
  6. Liewec123

This game cost nearly $30,000,000 to make and the gormless muppets at dbg can't hire a GM to stop it being ruined by a single scriptkid.

Seriously, hire 4 dudes....
    a dude in the US and a dude in EU to work 12:00-18:00, and another to work 18:00-00:00 Monday to friday.
    And 2 more dudes to work the same shifts Saturday and sunday.

They can have a presence within the game checking on big fights,
    they can respond instantly to /reports (the function is there we just currently don't have anyone to answer them)
    They can also monitor stats, so if they see someone getting 30 kills per minute they can come check it out.

Why this game doesn't have GMS I will never know,
    They have the cash to hire a 'community relations' dude that NEVER interacts with us, but no GMs? What a joke.
    • Up x 1
  7. JibbaJabba

They'll pay 40k for a kid making 30k a year. Times 4. I think it works out to about 1400-1500 additional membership subscriptions to pay for what you propose.

Napkin math with lots of room for error but you get the idea.

I don't think they can use volunteers. Lots of social and legal can of worms and whatnot.
  8. iller

^ LOL :D ... no one in the service or QA end of game production makes nearly that much. I know for a fact that Blizzard itself was only paying ppl $14 an hour for "3-5 years work experience required" roles.
    • Up x 1
  9. JibbaJabba

$14/hr 8/day w/ 2 weeks vacation is 28k. Yeah, the employer will pay close to 40k after taxes and modest benefits for that to happen.

Edit: but thanks for being pedantic and leaving the rest of my quote out... "Napkin math with lots of room for error but you get the idea."
  10. Liewec123

You'd pay a gm 40k a year?! Let me know if you ever start a company, i'll come work for you!
    6 hours 5 days a week is about 1600 hours a year even here in the UK at £8.91 an hour
    it's about £14,000 a year for each of the two monday-Friday devs, and £4,600 for the two weekenders.
  11. FLHuk

I'd do it for a curry twice a week!
    • Up x 1
  12. JibbaJabba

Do try to READ my !#$ words. Two posts in a row now that you've demonstrated !#$ reading comprehension.

If you want a 28k a year full time employee, you will have to pay closer to 40k for it. What they make and what you pay is not the same thing. You've never hired someone and it shows.
  13. Liewec123

Condescending d**kery aside...do explain, I pay them 14k a year, why do they make 20?
    Also note that while muricans' might think murica' is the center of the entire universe, it actually isn't, not everyone is murican',
    So if you're referring to some murican' 'bonus pay for taking a s**t' etc ofcourse I have no idea what you're on about.
    Here in the UK (that's a place in the universe too) my bosses pay me what they say they will pay me, they don't give me free money.
    If my contract says £9.80 an hour 30 hours a week, that is what I work, and that is what they pay.
  14. JibbaJabba

Yeah it was condescending, my apologies. I'm becoming frustrated because I didn't really want to have this stupid side conversation to begin with. Let's go back to something that gets repeatedly left out when I'm quoted and start from there...

And that Idea I mention is this: They don't have full time GMs because it's too expensive to do so. Period.

But back to the side conversation *sigh*...

That is almost literally the opposite of what I said. Do you see why this is frustrating? Your misreading of what I said then leads to you ... insulting Americans? yeah. frustrating.

What I really said was this... (and you quoted it!)

Breaking that down some as maybe I just said it stupidly.

If you want to hire someone and them get paid 28k a year, it will cost you as the employer MORE than 28k a year.
    The employee does not get that extra money, they get the 28k.

In the US (I claim no knowledge elsewhere) this would cost the employer close to 40k a year. We've got a FICA tax, unemployment insurance, and liability insurance at a minimum. The fulltime gig here implies healthcare and similar benefits. So it may even be above that.

Now before someone gets triggered and starts trying to bust my balls again. Let me remind you...

15. Clone117

Uhh technically they can be. You know? Land of opportunity and all that. Even with all the ongoing issues at the moment.
  16. Soul_Shinobi

If everyone who made a post after post #5 could delete them, it would be of great service to the community. Thanks in advance.