Oshur lives?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JibbaJabba, Nov 9, 2021.

1. JustGotSuspended

I do feel they could've done some quality of life updates to pave the way for this release, just so players that come back or newcomers don't get slammed with a hard dose of how degraded this games become.

Can't say I'm too excited myself, but if it's done correctly it will still be refreshing to fight on a new map, even if half of it is just outdoor capture points with no real bases.
    • Up x 2
  2. iller

If it was to melt down the containment sites so we'd never see one ever again, I'd take it!

It's only Infantry-Side that has degraded. Armor-Side is great and OpenField-Side is still pretty salvageable as long an there's no pr**ks with those crossbows. Construction is another issue but let's see what they have planned for changes there I guess

The biggest single F up I see from Wrel, is the same cascading F up every other Dev would keep making too. In other words when the opportunity comes (or came) to addressing the new player experience, all they do is try to tutorialize the crap that doesn't actually matter.

What they're not addressing is where the "FLOOR" of the Skill index actually begins. And that's with exploiting your way around the terrible and slow Interpolation latency compensation mechanics in order to mainline HeadShots. (Headshotting is TOO powerful against Newbs and too universal in really really general situations and you can force those situations onto them really easily)

Similar issue goes for ESF use or if you want to pose a real threat to an ESF from the ground. All of the Pain points that make new players feel they've Dead-Ended and must quit, are not even talked about by this community. It's always some basic bi**h stuff instead like the NINNIES on Reddit suggest while hypocritically coveting their Directives progress. It doesn't stop the bleeding.
  3. shortstraw

Global warming :(
  4. FLHuk

Based on how well containment sites and Esamir have been reworked I have no fear at all where I hear they're bringing us a new continent.

/Sips Tea
    • Up x 2
  5. MonnyMoony

It could actually be a huge disadvantage if AV weapons are created that can fire from under water.

The Magrider floating over water would make it extremely vulnerable from attack from below - with no way to counter.
  6. Liewec123

iirc the oshur reveal post said something about weapons being disabled while underwater.
  7. JibbaJabba

Ohh.. "Launches in December!"
  8. iller

We're supposed to get a gameplay preview Tomorrow... don't forget to check back here then b/c this could still go either way
  9. MonnyMoony

What it actually said was:

"as most traditional weapons can't be fired under water. Your knives and new amphibious combat rifles will provide some limited combat capabilities beneath the waves"

It says "most traditional weapons". It also intimates that new 'under water' weapons will be created - some of which may end up having AV capabilities.

Perhaps we'll get a guided torpedo type weapon - or a torpedo ammo option for AV launchers.
  10. Novgdea

What about an harpoon gun ? Maybe with explosive ammo for AV ?
  11. FLHuk

As long as new players are not locked behind "1000 certs to be able to shoot on new cont"

I know it's easier now than it's ever been to earn certs. But above all else new players must be protected from meh!
    • Up x 1
  12. JustGotSuspended

I hope they don't make these weps A7 NS things.

It's annoying to grind a7, and also we need some more empire specific content
  13. iller

Isn't the issue with A7 that all of its sources just aren't Intuitive in an Easter-Egg kind of way?
    (and also there's clearly not enough of them placed equally across all conts)