What are the best graphics settings that I need to see cloaked infiltrators?!??!?!??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 13617, Nov 7, 2021.

1. 13617

So basically, I'm playing on a Surface Pro 8, and I'm getting really good framerates, 45-80, on very low settings. But my main reason that I'm making this is because I simply can't see infiltrators. It feels like I'm getting sniped when I'm cloaked from like a hundred meters away, whenever I move yet whenever an enemy moves right a meter away, boom, they're totally invisible and I simply can't see them.

What are the best graphics settings, that give me the **BEST** fps, that lets me see infiltrators well and easily.
  2. UberNoob1337101

High Graphics settings are pretty good, I've yet to try Medium but those two are the best for seeing infils while having better FPS than Ultra.

You can also drop the render distance to compensate.
  3. csvfr

On medium graphics a bubble around deployed stealth sunderers becomes visible. This is quite useful for sundee hunting as a direct line of sight is not needed. Cloakers look like a "gaussian blur" and need to move a bit to be easy to spot at longer distances. On high graphics the cloakers look more like a water body that is more easy to see. There is no ultra graphics quality setting?
    • Up x 1
  4. UberNoob1337101

My bad, confused it with Overall/Texture quality options.

Best setting for seeing infils/FPS would be High Graphics settings (the highest) with reduced render distance unless you're flying a lot.
  5. Scroffel5

Dude I have the same problem. If I am trying to snipe Infiltrators, I just guess and hit them. Sometimes they do that to you, probably, but if they can actually see you, wow. Thats news to me.
  6. OpolE

Ah the Planetside SNIPER cloakers...

Come back to Planetside 1!
  7. PlanetBound

You don't always need the blur. Sometimes you can see players standing behind a cloaked Sunderer.
  8. Tython

They changed the visuals on the cloak a while back to make it use the same shader regardless of your graphics settings.

Shadows are probably the one setting that indirectly impacts how easy it is to see a cloak. The shadowed areas have lower contrast than their surroundings which lets the cloak distortion effect blend in better. I would say leave shadows off, because they are very expensive, and make it easier for everyone to hide, not just infils.

There are lot of other factors that impact the visibility of a cloak. Whether the infil is moving, how fast they're moving, are they crouched or not, how high-contrast the colors of their surroundings are, and how far away they are from you, all impact how much the distortion effect stands out.

There is also the Deep Operative implant which makes them even harder to see under all conditions.

In most cases, picking out a cloaked infil beyond 50m or so when they're not moving is going to be very difficult. They stand out much more when they're moving, even just a brief side-step. The closer you get, the easier it will be to make them out.

At sniper duel ranges, cloaked infils are effectively invisible, so you have to learn to predict their movements.

Note that while crouching, stationary, and with Deep Operative active, an infil can be nearly invisible even at very close ranges. Stalkers love Deep Operative, and your best bet to catch them is to use a flashlight.
  9. Grandizer

I have the opposite issue, sort of. People are able to see me fully cloaked, not moving, from distance. On Hossin, dark and murky, sniping from about 50+ yards, other snipers are head shotting me while I'm perfectly still, LA in trees with me blocked by tree branches perfectly executing shots and even on other maps, tanks and air just hone in and blast me from far away while there's a ton of friendlies all running in the open but I'm targeted on a rock all by myself. When I'm playing with high and ultra settings, I can't see any infuls cloaked and not moving at a medium distance and sometimes even when they are close with a quick shot rifle, I can't see them unless they move. Seems weird
    • Up x 1
  10. Somentine

NSO character?
  11. BlackFox

Note: If you get too close to a cloaked stalker the flash light won't work properly, as it doesn't outline him. Unclear if it's a bug or a feature
  12. Soul_Shinobi

Had this happen too many times too. Vanu character with no armor. May try Sensor Shield. Or showing up at the houses of cheaters and having a word with them.