Please expalin the logic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Nov 8, 2021.

1. RabidIBM

Why, when I'm driving a 300 nanite asset does the enemy 300 nanite asset have a slower TTK against me than the enemy 50 nanite asset?
  2. Scroffel5

Because yes.
  3. Liewec123

Because for some reason, even after 8 years, c4 needs to remain ridiculously OP.
    It's especially ridiculous against maxes, 450 nanites, slowest unit in the game
    Yet 4/5 free classes can simply hurl c4 across the room for a oneshot.
    • Up x 1
  4. Demigan

C4 is 75 nanites and one-use, so my guess is OP is talking about the Flash. A MAX can be used repeatedly. If C4 was the same cost as the MAX then it would be hilariously lobsided in favor of the MAX which can kill more, have more long-term stragetic value when holding or assaulting an area and can be revived.

I agree that OHK mechanics are a bad idea overall and that the base MAX needs to survive at least one c4. However nanite count is not how we need to value everything.

Nanites are just 1-minute per 50 resources which you get no matter what you do. Their goal is to limit the amount of force multipliers you can use. Otherwise having people throw X grenades each life, use mines with reckless abandon and have access to the ludicrous power of tanks which have necessitated all bases to be surrounded by walls. However that does not mean we want a 1:1 ratio of power as that would just be stupid. 9 grenades would not kill an MBT, an MBT would not max out its power when it reaches the destructive potential of 9 frag grenades nor would it always defeat an ESF or Valkyrie just because its cheaper etc. We need to think in roles and how they fit with the rest of the game. A gun, vehicle or explosive should not just offer the user an opportunity but offer their victims with a challenge as well which can be considered fun and engaging by that player, rather than punishing. The nanite cost is just a way to limit how quickly you can use a new one should the previous one be spend or destroyed, nothing more.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

Oh yeah, my bad, was early in the morning so I think I was still half asleep XD
  6. Soul_Shinobi

For every successful C4 kill I've made, I've died 3 times or more, usually burning nanites on C4 I didn't detonate. The risk vs reward of it is appropriate. But yeah cloaking flashes with weapons on the other hand are a bit unfair.
  7. brutes359

Not when combined with ambusher jump jets, survivalist and the implant that lets you refill your jets on EVERY KILL. Or the implant that turns you invisible for shotgun kills.

My suggestion is to make C-4 a PLACED item rather than a thrown item. No demolitions expert just lobs a high explosive with as much power as C-4. Its dangerous, and inefficient. Most C-4 packs have to be molded into shaped charges if they want to penetrate tank armor, and this usually leads to placing it. exception of course it it somehow lands on top of a tank and doesnt fall off. But for balance's sake there must be a way to prevent LAs from being suicide bombers.

I recommend a placement and arming time of between 1.5-3 seconds per pack. That way LAs can still use their fast movement speed to get the jump on an opponent, but the opponents also has time to react. This would force people to use their head to approach the use of C-4 instead of just hurling themselves into groups of enemies for free kills.

If that was done, I wouldn't care about armor buffs to MAX suits. It wouldn't matter, if a LA gets that close to you for long enough to place the C-4, then its your own fault. There, problem solved, no more floating C-4 Fairies, no more rocket propelled dudes flying into well defended positions for suicide bombing, no more tanks getting blasted out of existence when being defended by full compliments of infantry, and being out performed in vehicle combat against LAs in open space. It would change the C-4 pack into a tool for ambushing, and demolitions, as intended.
  8. Demigan

This is dated and biased. For example the implant that refills your bar hasnt refilled it entirely for the ambushers since forever. Also that refill only matters directly, meaning you never have time to refill your shield or health between kills. Thats unsustainable.
    Using ambushers to jump to someone from the front has a low chance of success even if you have a carbine or shotgun, with C4 the time it takes to drop and detonate should be a death sentence unless the opposition is very bad or reloading or something. The only other option is to use ambushers from a flank where the enemy spots you only when you land, which is easier to pull off with the other jumpjets.

As for your suggestion, even if the placement time was instant you would have ultra-nerfed C4, but lets just make it a 1.5 to a whopping 3 second deployment time, each! Thats definitely not going to be a problem against vehicles who would cancel deployment by moving a fraction because the game's code isnt capable of handling deployment on a moving surface and even if it were it would be able to drive away out of your reach no problem.

Suggestions like yours arent designed for a fun experience, just to completely remove a threat to your playstyle.

You dont even realize how one infantryman trying to defend a tank already completely annihilates any chance to c4 a tank unless you kill that infantryman and the tank remains miraculously oblivious. No you even hold the incredible position that c4 fairies can catch any tank anywhere any time regardless of an infantry regiment defending them. The way you talk about it C4 fairies just teleport around the battlefield and instantly vaporize 8 tanks by looking at them!

Also if you want to create realism with C4 you have to do the same with the vehicles and MAX's right? C4 is mind-numbingly cheap. You could buy one wheel of a quadbike (the Flash) for the price of one brick. For the price of a cheap modern MBT you can buy enough C4 to recreate Hiroshima. So a brick costing 1/6th of a full MBT it should be able to wipe out 4 tanks in one go right? Unless ofcourse you want the tank to have realistic capabilities as well, which means any damage needs to be repaired in the shop rather than in 30 seconds on the battlefield and a single training round costs more than 40 bricks of C4, not to mention how expensive the real shells are.

But ofcourse you only want realism when it suits you, not when it doesnt. Because you are biased and only care about your own gameplay. You dont have any considerations for others.
    • Up x 1
  9. Scroffel5

If this is about the Flash, its because you have to be either an idiot or getting 2v1'd or 3v1'd or on a Flash to die to one. In any other circumstance, you would have one hit them with almost any explosive shot from a rank or top gun, or you will light them up with an automatic top gun, or you will literally shoot the driver off. Its not really hard. This isn't even limited to a cloaked Flash. Me (a Medic) and Infiltrator got on a Flash against a squad who thought they could easily take the base since they had the overpop, so he took his cloaked Flash and just sat still shooting at it and trying to dodge their shots as the sundy was getting repaired, and I drove around the back of it and started shooting it too. Then a Light Assault came to help us. There was nothing stopping them from hopping in their top guns and blowing us up with their Bulldog or Basilisk, but they didn't so for the 30 seconds we spent doing that, they lost their sunderer. I legit died to tank mines first.

Also, the enemy 300 nanite vehicle will most likely live longer and get a whole lot more kills with it since it is such a strong force multiplier.

If you want to fix this problem you perceive, stop nanite resource gain while in a vehicle. Simple. Now people can't spam vehicles. It makes you value your run on that vehicle even more, so it would mean people who keep spamming Flashes at you can't keep doing it forever. It also has the negative effect of making uncoordinated attacks against overpops harder result in death and an inability to pull more vehicles to retry, leading to overpops being more effective if vehicles arent pulled together from a different point...
  10. Soul_Shinobi

Man I wish it worked like that, I'm having no such luck trying it every day.

I think some people feel like this is already where we're at.

If I'm not supposed to be leaving craters where tanks were then I have no idea what this game is about. Also infantry make it impossible. It's almost impossible with 1 spitfire in the area. 2 spitfires? Forget about it.

AMBUSHING you say... Hmm...