Cloaking takes away the fun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McMansikka, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Scroffel5

If they are an easy class to be powerful with, even for noobs, and yet you kill those noobs and even experienced players easily indiscriminately, then it is both due to you and them that you are doing well...

And you don't have the details about the battle I was relating to assume that they didn't. Its rather that recon devices don't tell elevation. He put down some recon darts and a different guy put down a motion spotter, but that didn't give him the information he needed if he was relying on it. Plus, at that particular event, I already passed by his dart because it was where the rest of my team was, so he wouldn't have seen me with his own recon either way. He wasn't being lazy because of his cloak, and if you think so, thats an assumption without any basis because you have no idea how that guy plays. We can't group players together like that because they are different people who play differently and think differently, so we can't assume he was being lazy or that he was doing so specifically because of his cloak.

Lets take the premise then by going to the inverse of what you said. Is the premise that you don't already know the cloaker is there before you get to them? Well then, when does the premise take place? If it is when they get the jump on you, well isn't that what they were supposed to do? Isn't that what anyone was supposed to do? Its exactly what I do as a medic. I see them shooting from one way, I see Infiltrators sniping from another, so what do I logically do? Flank the whole group of them alone and get my team to actually move up, taking them out from behind without a cloak, just to get TK'd as my team pushes. Now if the premise takes place when you still haven't recognized they are there, whats the point of this discussion? They haven't attacked you yet, so you aren't quite in danger. Or does this premise start when they have already killed you and you didn't react? In that case, theres nothing to react to. You either died almost instantaneously, or you didn't and just didn't react. In the latter case, thats your fault, and in the other, its both of your faults. Yours for your course of action that lead to your death or the decisions or made right before it that would also unknowingly lead to your death, and theirs for being in the position to kill you.

And yeah, that goes for anyone though. If you take them down after their streak or even single kill or single shot of damage, it doesn't undo the damage or any planning for the person who got shot or killed. So are you saying Infiltrators should die immediately before they do anything more, because if so, thats already the case for many players who are thrust into circumstances where they didn't do anything right, no matter how good they are. They will argue that they weren't able to do anything, but thats not true, as you kept choosing the outcome unknowingly by every single decision you made. So just because you see Infiltrators getting a kill before dying doesn't mean I'm wrong, because that goes the same for any class where someone has decent aim, and its not made easier just because you have a cloak.

The problem people have with it is because its not simply just a mechanic that changes code in the game, which it is, but it is more. It affects a natural sense humans have, that of sight. Thats what annoys them the most, the fact that they didn't see it coming. Sight overrides other senses. The simple fact is that you could have survived because they are humans too, and they act just like everyone else. The reason I don't have a problem fighting them now is because I recognize that, while others don't. All you have to do is teach them to be better players, teach them how to understand the "how" and the "why" of what they and everyone else do.
  2. Somentine

No, it quite literally doesn't go for every class. The only way for that to happen is with Minor Cloak, which can be used to cheese a kill (and shouldn't exist anyway), but can't be used mid combat. Any other class can't clientside you, from invisibility, from nearly any direction.

What kind of moronic, nonsense BS is this?

Hey, this one class that just happens to invalidate one of the most important senses in the game, that no other class can do, is nothing, no biggie. Yeah, they may kill you, in ways that no other class could hope to, that puts all the advantage on their class, and requires them to fk up, but they're human and could fk up, so it's all good.

Show us some of your gameplay, PLEASE, i'd love to watch a comedy.
  3. Scroffel5

Uh, what? You completely misread that out of context. I was actually saying that every class's damage to the battle and the people in it can't be fixed just because you kill them. As Demigan said, the damage is done, but that goes for every single class in the game that gets a kill before they die or does literally anything before they die. And if you are getting clientsided, you shouldn't have put yourself in that position in the first place. If you are moving in a way that makes it easy for them to insta-kill you on their screen, which you are, its is your fault that you die. Don't move on your screen. Move on theirs.

You have a way of dumbing things down that weren't complicated to understand, then completely changing the meaning of what I said. All of your hate on Infiltrators has to do with getting clientsided, which I understand, but you have to be doing something wrong for it to happen to you so many times that you start to hate the game. The easiest way to avoid being clientsided is by not acting like a target. The thing you don't seem to get is that even IF you could see these people, you would have died the MOMENT you saw them regardless, instead of BEFORE you see them. Thats what happens when someone hits a headshot with a sniper! Even if they had to wait 2 seconds on their end to kill you, they still would have killed you because they would still have hit the same headshot! The only difference may be that you maybe turned a little or started aiming and strafing, but thats just a slight adjustment that all of us will adjust to!

Lets assume you are actually moving around, being erratic, jumping around, and you STILL get clientsided. Well guess what? That player is above average and just smoked you, and even if the decloak was longer, he still would have smoked you because he hit a headshot on a moving target. Your problem isn't simply with the cloak; its with the fact that Infiltrators have tools to insta-kill. But its really not that big of a problem. Just play different. Theres literally nothing I can say to help you play better and die to Infiltrators less. Do you get low FPS? Do you have high ping? Are there any other factors going into why you can't adapt and learn? Is there some reason why you can't understand that you have to outmove them on their screen? Is there some reason why you don't realize that most every Infiltrator plays the same? Is there any basis you have other than you and other people dying to an enemy they think they can't fight?
  4. Somentine

No, I completely got it, you're just lacking critical information; the Infil can get the kill like no other, and can do it again. Replace the Infil with any other class in your trash scenario, and they not only don't get the kill, but become sniper fodder themselves.

And no, you can't not get clientsided by an Infil, that's one of the biggest issues. You don't see them, just like you don't see a normal class around a corner.

AND FKN LOL THE MOVEMENT ADVICE.

You have a way of thinking some of the most basic, not even good, advice is something no one else has figured out. You've splashed in the puddle and think you're some Olympic swimmer educating babies.

No, you can play perfectly and still get HS by an invisible Sniper. The fact that you still don't understand this concept is baffling.

No, you absolute moron. You can't see them, you can't realistically predict that at any engagement you're going to be targeted; the amount of range and angles means that it is nearly impossible to be safe from them at all times. No amount of pre-peeking or scouting will save you, and even if you know they are there, you can't even see if they are aiming near you because they are invisible.

Try playing Sniper and disable your cloak key, I DARE YOU to prove to me you can do the exact same without it.

Let's assume nothing. The sniper is a strong weapon regardless of cloak. Being able to line up a shot, safe from not only the person you are targeting, but others who are watching, is a world of difference from doing it without cloak.

There are plenty of 1hk weapons, and yes, a lot of them are busted, but even more so when they are on Infils. My problem is largely due to cloak, and i'm not sure why you're trying to say what -my- problem is, when i've clearly stated it multiple times.

Oh, believe me, I know there is nothing you could ever say to help me. Just not for the reasons you think.

How about you prove your point, in any number of ways. And if you want to question my ability, i'm sure we can come up with some way to quantify or prove it.
  5. Scroffel5

Theres nothing I can do, not even a proof and commentary of what I am doing and why I am doing it will help you understand something that I view as basic. You are living in denial. You can most definitely not get clientsided by not making yourself a target and running straight towards an Infiltrator that would obviously be in the battle at least somewhere. Again, Infiltrators do best when you are distracted, so to get clientsided and realize it, you would have to be looking straight at them and running straight towards them and not realize it.

To get clientsided and actually have a defense, you have to be the first target with no signs that an Infiltrator is in the area or even the battle, has fired no recon darts, hasn't made a single cloaking sound, hasn't fired a single shot, hasn't been spotted once. If any of those conditions are unfulfilled, you, being an experienced player, should have known or at least assumed an Infiltrator was in the area. The cloak only lasts for 12 seconds, meaning that if they have cloaked, they will decloak within those 12 seconds, so if one person has died due to that Infiltrator, you have no excuse other than not hearing it or seeing it or reading the killfeed for not knowing that an Infiltrator is in the area.

If you know an Infiltrator is in the area, you have AN advantage. Don't run in any straight lines. Don't make yourself an immediate target by standing still or engaging non-essentials. You kill that Infiltrator or else the other idiots in your team will keep dying. You can very well dodge their shots if they miss the first shot or don't hit the head. The ONLY TIME you can say you got clientsided is if they decloak right infront of you and kill you with a headshot before you are able to see them.

You say I am a moron, but no. You get kills because of what people do on your screen, and you die because of what you do on other people's screens. So stop screwing up. If me, a player who could barely run the game, knew this, then you, a veteran, should know this and understand this and use this. This isn't a tip for Planetside. This is a tip for every single game. If an enemy surprises you in any FPS game or you catch a glimpse of them when they walk out from a corner or cover or you walk out and see them looking in your direction, do you know what you do? YOU DON'T START SHOOTING AT THEM UNLESS YOUR AIM IS NEAR PERFECT! You ran out of their line of sight immediately, because you can do that much faster than you can sit there, aim, and take them down. You may get hit a few times, but you won't die. You'll live, and thats more important than taking down your enemy.

To any single enemy that you know is there, you can fight. It doesn't matter if you can see them or not. You can fight them and win if you play your cards right, and that requires you to first, not make yourself a target, and to not get hit. Its a sniper, dude. Don't get hit in the head for the first shot. Get hit in the body, get to cover, or keep dodging a few more of his shots and just shoot him! If you are any other class other than Engineer, you are well equipped for this! All you have to do is make sure you don't get shot in the head. Its so simple. Just do it and stop complaining.
  6. Scroffel5

This is how I survive longer in EVERY game, not just Planetside. I don't need to prove it to you for you to prove it to yourself.
  7. Somentine

Prove it.

Here's a recent 'throwaway char' of mine, as someone else called it: https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=tounee&show=weapons

Tengu and Maku are Infil.

So does every class.

"If there is any indication that an infil is anywhere on the hex, at all, you can't be clientsided"

Are you actually ********, or do you not understand what is said by 'getting clientsided'?

More 30 iq, basic 'advice' from a garbo player.

Hey, imagine actually being visible on other people's screens; that'd be cool, I agree.

If it's so easy, as you think, then it should be so easy to prove, no?

Holy ****, this is brainlet levels of advice. "Just never go anywhere near a sniper, and you're good" - u
    "Just don't get hit in the head" - also u
  8. JibbaJabba

You're missing the bit about only ONE player gets to apply skill to the encounter.

The development of a skill which increases reward is the purpose of a video game. It's the operant conditioning that drives the behavior of playing at all. Rat presses the button, gets a reward. If they get really good at pressing the button but no reward occurs they won't play.

The engagement against a tough challenge which results in a loss is still fun so long as you gradually improve chances. There is no opportunity to do this against an opponent which can't be seen. Let's say I "get gud" and learn to juke when I hear the decloak. This buys me another 100ms of brain processing vs doing it when I see the decloak, yes? Awesome, I'll be rewarded for this newfound skill.... not! I'll be dead both ways. It was over before the network made the sound either. ... because this game mechanic is broken.

Rat presses button..correctly this time... no reward. No fun. The other rat had fun though...and doesn't want the mechanic changed. :p
    You asked what L2P is. It's "Learn to Play". Your discussion here is simply a lecture to your reader that there is no problem and that they should learn to play. It presumes they don't already know and that's why they think there is a problem.

Take your addressing something objective like this..."Any concerns about how the invisible play class intersects with the clientside nature of this particular game? Or more recent discussion on OHK weapons in clientside circumstances?"
    • The answer here is it is unfair to one of the two players in the encounter.
    • The problems each exacerbate the other
    • And players will find that not fun.
    But you brush it off with L2P. If only the player had enough skill they could then perform actions that are not fun in the slightest to merely mitigate something that's even less fun.

Who wants to sign up for that? That addresses nothing. The skill doesn't fix the broken thing.

In fact the more skilled you are the more skill is being negated and the more frustrating it becomes, not less!!!
    Wrong. It does not mean that. You're doing "L2P" right here. Lecturing me to move erratically assuming I don't. This argument is dead but it continues...
    More L2P. Of course we realize it. Do also take a second to read the OP. Nothing about doing a 24/7 Therum shuffle is fun. **** is exhausting. And there are times it simply can't be done.

Do not pretend this is a 1v1 game. A great many infiltrator kills come when their target is engaged with someone else. You should know this. Stop and think though. Why didn't they engage you instead? Why didn't they disengage from the X vs 1 engagement then reengage more favorably (y'know skill stuff)? You were the higher threat with a OHK weapon. C'mon... was it their lack of skill? They just made a bad tactical judgement?

OR

Was it the thing I've been saying all along? Something that negated that players skill. Didn't allow them to do the thing they knew to do.

See what I mean? L2P won't help. If the mechanic wasn't broken it would though!!
    Why do you think I moved erratically to begin with? Oh yeah. You think I'm not already doing it. Or you think I don't bolt myself.

Do you see how this can be tiresome to reply to? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I assume you're not a knucklehead. I'm not trying to tell you to L2P. I'm trying to get you to look at what you already know from a different direction.
    *sigh* Gee is that how it happens? The only way it happens? C'mon man you're not teaching the reader.

I don't want to straw man here. I don't want to. But the only way what you've just said works to mitigate the cloak is if someone shuffles 24/7 when they play. And if they do that the cloak is not broken? So that seems to be what you are saying. And it's ridiculous.

Consider instead that maybe, just maybe, an invisible player mechanic in a 3D shooter is really hard to balance. And... *surprise*... they didn't get it right. It's annoying to the players.
  9. Demigan

Your response indicates you dont know what I mean.

The exact problem is with the ability to decloak and fire so quickly. This gives an unfair advantage to the class. It also makes the "planning" you talk about a non-issue, since just about any position will do. You can still plan if you cant decloak and fire this fast, but it prevents using the cloak to get an attack advantage in a direct confrontation.

How easy it is for you to kill them when you get into CQC with a long-range cloaker is not the problem (or an SMG cloaker who apparently wasnt paying attention so you got the drop on them rather than the other way around). The problem is the unfair advantage of fast decloak and fire.
    Also the players you killed were lazy, since they remained stationary.

As for the cloaker not being dangerous before they killed you, what the hell is that all about? Is a MAX around a corner you have to pass not dangerous just because he hasnt killed you yet? You basically already admitted that a cloaker before his first shot/kill is going to get that first shot no problem, so how is that not dangerous?
  10. Blynn

Honestly Infiltratorsare easy to spot, when you get used to paying attention to the shimmering effect the terrain behind him/her becomes you know its an infiltrator since the normal ground has no wave/shimmering effect normally. also about the banshee... for real there a couple of weapons in each faction that can spawncamp. for example the shotgun of the NC fighter plane.... good vs inf and planes... the banshee is **** vs enemy planes and only good for inf. its basicly take the banshee and accept that in a dog fight ure toast, while with that shotgun ure still able to win and spawn camp inf.
  11. Scroffel5

I'm going to reply to all of you at once. I don't care if my arguments are basic if they work. I am not saying you don't do it, but you should realize, if you don't already, that all of your actions impact whether or not you get killed. You assume an Infiltrators play is skillless when its that players aren't prone to countering things they can't see by realizing they are just like every other player and they think and work the same. Infiltrators are the easiest class to kill, easier than anything else in the game. Stalkers are the hardest to kill in my opinion. You just have to both remember and forget that they are cloaked and you can't see them. Remember it because it should impact how you think and play. Forget it because they play just like anyone else who thinks you can't see them.

I never said to shuffle everywhere you go, just don't walk in a straight line. A few random turns now and then do the trick. The ONLY times I have been sniped, since this is usually what you are talking about when we get clientsided, are when its multiple people against me, or I decided to stand still. Or it was a semi auto and they spammed up my location, but Bolt Actions aren't a problem. Literally the only reason that some people do well as an Infiltrator is because of the fact that they are too consumed with the fact that they won't be seen for 12 seconds or less after they cloak. The mentality of "what you can't see can't hurt me" is thrown away when something you can't see can hurt you, so its hard for most players to adapt.

And Somentime, I don't like replying to you because of you making fake quotes and removing part of it. For instance, I never said the following: "If there is any indication that an infil is anywhere on the hex, at all, you can't be clientsided". I instead said that you can't get clientsided AND have a defense, aka an excuse for it, if there is an indication that an infiltrator is anywhere NEAR you or IN the battle. The reason for this being that to get clientsided, it has to be quick, you have to be running towards them or have them on your screen to know that you got killed before they decloaked, and it has to be a headshot by a sniper. That, or they literally hit every shot in the head so fast that you couldn't react to it. If you know they are there and still decided to move like a target, you will get clientsided by the dude infront of you that you can't see, however you should realize, if you don't already, that you would have died EVEN IF you could have seen them because they would have still shot you in the head or would rather have moved to the left or right 10 meters so they were somewhat out of your line of vision. Either way, you would have most likely died before reacting to the threat.

I tested this by running behind a random high BR TR guy and decloaking and running behind him. It took him about 4 seconds to turn around and kill me.

Now, if you currently run straight into someone while cloaked, you are dead. If you run into a good player and miss your shot on them, you are probably dead or severely crippled. Either way, your cover is blown. You might say "Oh, but spam some recon darts in the area so you know where they are." You only get 4 at max, so you have to use them wisely, and if you decide to spam them in a line straight away from you and the area you want to be in, you just made an arrow pointing straight back at you, which is how I find Infiltrators who just became food. It also means that you could get tunnel vision and look at your map too much and not realize the people that you can't see, leading to your death.

So really, I'm going to baby you guys for me doing something so basic that I don't die to the enemy who can't truly be an unnoticed presence, save stalker. They aren't guaranteed a kill just because they are an Infiltrator. Its that most people don't pay attention. Its that most people don't know how to fight something they can't see, and frankly, giving every class recon TOOLS against Infiltrators is a dumb idea. That's turns into the same type of Darklight problem you have. Either you go Darklight and have a sort of defense against Infitlrators, or you don't and you can't find them. Don't you see the problem of choice? If you really think there is a problem with Infiltrators, you have to nerf things on the Infiltrator that make it harder to deal with or you have to teach players how to fight against them. A decloak time boost isn't wrong or anything, but any decent player who immediately turns around will immediately kill that Infiltrator even if they did what they were now supposed to do, because 2 seconds is a long time, and even suggesting to buff it to 5 seconds is dumb. Why do I say this? Because its exactly what I would do, and I'm not particularly skilled. You see, Infiltrators will try the same thing over and over again, because they are stupid. Even the ones who are considered good will do this. They will get a few kills, die, and come back to do the same thing. There was this SMG Infiltrator at the Ascent a few days ago, and he was getting kills, but I was right behind him and he didn't even notice. Then later on, I see him running around and I just shoot him because he can't see everything.

Listen. Just because you get within range of an Infiltrator doesn't mean they automatically notice you and will kill you, save Stalker, because they have nothing to do but watch. I say a lot of things like "because they messed up" or "they didn't play their cards right", but thats because they have a lot more room to make themselves a target and they have a lot more room to mess up than other classes. What can a Heavy Assault, Medic, Light Assault, or Engineer do to mess up? Aim bad. Turn the wrong corner. Run across the wrong field. Stand still. Or doing the same things multiple times. Things like that. What can an Infiltrator do to mess up? Do all of those except run across the wrong field, because lets face it, they are gonna clear that field unless a tank is shelling it. They can mess up by shooting recon too close to themselves, or looking too much at their minimap to see exactly what they are running into, since they are the ones that placed the recon. In fact, Infiltrators who miss are dead ones, because if you don't hit the head or double tap the body fast in close range, you are dead. Players make mistakes when they fight a sniper in close range and they don't know he is there, but they should have heard the cloaking.

When you miss the first shot, they don't notice. When you hit the second in the body, they stop running and turn around and start aiming, making it easier to hit the next shot. Then they complain that Infiltrators are OP and ragequit. They don't learn from their encounters. You guys should understand, if you don't already, that the only reason Infiltrators get a lot of kills is because players do things wrong, but when they do something wrong, no biggie, because no one realized it. Well, realize it.
  12. csvfr

This is a pretty good description of learning proactive resist shield activation. Player presses "F" when exposed or anticipating enemies. Player gets sniper round to the head, but survives. Player gets to kill more afterwards, obtaining reward. In the terminology of operant conditioning this is known as a delayed reward which makes it harder to learn or become conditioned to. It is still an L2P issue though.
  13. Scroffel5

This misses the point. I am telling you to stop REACTING. Don't react to a decloak. Don't react to an Infiltrator. Anticipate one by everything else that happens in the battle. It doesn't matter about hearing or seeing an Infiltrator if you are always ready for one, if you are already ready for them to appear right infront of you. When you are ready or anticipating them to be infront of you, which you should do for any enemy at all times, but especially Infiltrators, they won't catch you off guard or at least instantly kill you. If an Infiltrator plays in perfect stealth, that doesn't mean they are going to be a perfect shot, so you have to move at all times to never be a perfect shot.

The only times I got killed by an Infiltrator yesterday were when I was fighting multiple guys or when I decided to stand still and type or check the map or stealth an enemy or log out. Those were the only times. Never was it due to getting clientsided. If that happens to you a lot, if you are constantly dying to Infiltrators, theres not much I can really say, because it just doesn't happen to everyone, hence why you often have the same people complaining about it over and over again, save for the occasional person who just made their account to express their hatred of the state of the game.

Statistically speaking, anyone who gets the jump on you who is exactly like you should win. Lets call that "being of the same skill." That means that any Heavy Assault who gets the jump on you is going to kill you if you are a Heavy Assault of the same skill. Its different with an Infiltrator, because they try to do it when you aren't expecting them to do so. For instance, again, at a battle on the Ascent, we were fighting in a tunnel at A point, and an Infiltrator came up behind us and started shooting my team. Well, I saw him do it and kill a guy, but I couldnt shoot him and risk killing my team, so I didn't. My team proceeded to mop him. Well, now his plan to do it again is screwed, because Im just sitting here watching. The next time he tried to stab us or something. Mopped. Thats the thing about Infiltrators. They are a one trick pony, so you should be able to deal with them the exact same way the next time they come back. Its not that you can't do it to them on the first time, but face it, players are unlikely to anticipate an attack of someone who just put recon darts on them and the sound of the detection device came from behind them, lets just face that. They don't know whats up.

However, the same is true especially for Infiltrators. If you get the jump on an Infiltrator, they are dead. It doesn't matter that they have recon abilities. They get tunnel visioned on a specific target because of it. If you get the jump on them when they are cloaked, they are especially dead.
  14. JibbaJabba

You're doing it again. The L2P. Stop trying to explain how it works. We know how it works.

Why?
    The infiltrator is the higher threat. Why didn't you engage the infiltrator instead of those other players?
    If you were playing with skill you would have died to those other guys and not the infiltrator.
    You were playing with skill and used all those "listen and look for clues" and everything that you tell us to L2P with right?
    So why didn't you engage the infiltrator in those cases? It was absolutely the correct thing to do.
    Why didn't you do it?

(the answer here is the point I'm making)

But why didn't you die here to an LA or a Heavy in these circumstances instead of the infiltrator?
    Answer: you wouldn't do those actions in front of a known enemy. You're a smart player. Skilled even.
    So how did that skill get negated somehow? Hmmm? Was it truly your mistake? Lack of skill or knowledge on your part?

Explain. How did you NOT die to some other class doing this? Also: Please explain without using the cloak in your explanation because it's not a broken mechanic according to you. :p

Wrong. Everytime decloak on fire is used, clientsiding is occurring. It may occur in a circumstance where it doesn't matter (say shot from behind at a stationary target at a vehicle terminal). it is always an instant clientside though. No corner required.

Don't even try. Your attempt to minimize this as some minority complaining is laughable. Nobody finds getting killed by an infiltrator fun.

Nothing about what you just shared has anything to do with infiltrators. Other classes flank too and have less success the second time. If an infiltrator uses their cloak to sneak and get the drop on someone I am 100% OK with that. That's what it's for. I have no complaint here. In fact, changes I would like would actually make it easier for them to do this. If this seems contrary to what I've said then re-read what I've said.

That's nice but doesn't really address the issue. Anyone you get the jump on is dead. Stalkers are fantastically difficult to get the drop on. But meh. I'm not complaining about that.
    • Up x 1
  15. Piska

No wonder community manager don't want to respond. Look on that walls of text! You guys think, that someone who get paid for reading community messages, will read those essays for each forum member?

Try to simplify problem in one line of text, or maybe two like on reddit. Responses should be "i agree" or "i disagree".

I will show you guys how its done.

Ahem... Cloak its well balanced and it gives infiltrators well deserved kills for well positioning and outsmarting opponents. New players should submit to this blanced cloak mechanic and with any problems with countering Cloakers, new players should start being good.

I'm posting a short video to prove my statment.

16. Scroffel5

Alright, then don't use it as an argument. Don't refer to hearing a decloak and then reacting or seeing a decloak and then reaction. Thats the reason I keep saying it.

Because I started firing at a different guy first before anyone else got there. Why would I give up to fight the Infiltrator if I plan on fighting? Its a death sentence to continue fighting and I should just have ran back, but I didn't care. I just wanted a single kill. Its not a complicated form of logic. Its not that I turned a corner and say 3 guys standing side by side and decided to not shoot at the Infiltrator. Its that a fight can start out as a 1v1 that you are about to win or have won just for you to get attacked by multiple other people, and thats fine. Thats how the game works. Its not that I didn't see the Infiltrator. I just wanted a kill on the first guy I did see.

Because they didn't get the last shot on me. The person with the higher damage weapon did. I wasn't ONLY shot by an Infiltrator, but I did die to one. Lets take the example I was thinking of when I made that remark.

I was in one of those construction bases, just standing in the open, in full view of the enemy to log out. I got sniped after getting plinked by what felt like an LA a few times, then I got hit by what was probably a VA39 Spectre, based on the shots it took to kill me. I did it in front of a known enemy.

In the other times I was thinking of, when I just decided to stand still for stealth, albeit stupidly because I lost track of my enemy, I knew there were people behind me. I did it anyways because I thought it'd be for the best. Our sundy was being attacked and I was somewhat close to the sundy, their spawn was behind me, they kept coming from behind me, but I was preoccupied. I was trying to kill the max that no one else could kill, and with my Hunter QCX w/ explosive bolts, I was doing major damage. I didn't care if I died. I was bound to. So I stood still, though I do admit that if I didn't, I wouldn't have died.

My point is that I made myself a target. It was my fault. It was a skillless play for me to sit still at 1 shot of HP. Sure, it didn't take much skill for them to take down a sitting duck that you could shoot in the foot and kill, I'll admit that too. But anyone else in that circumstance would have killed me just as easily, and that goes for many other circumstances. If they are at a range or behind you, you probably weren't going to see them and they would have killed you while you sat still with a semi auto or quad-shotted you in the head with an automatic. I was playing as a Light Assault against the DOOM SQUAD or whatever they were called, and they were destroying all of us as Heavy Assaults, from high range, with LMGs. As an Infiltrator, the best I could do was give recon because they had their area locked down. If I ran in while cloaked, I was screwed because they would see me coming or at least expect it. If I ran in uncloaked, I'd need to headshot them in their optimal range with a sniper or headshot them with an SMG or ASR or something competitive to what they have, because any semi auto wouldn't cut it. Their TTKs were too fast. So to beat them, I had to suppress them over and over again until we got the beacon that I assumed had to be in the trees somewhere (which it was) and I had to makeshift mortar my Flash with a Buzzard and try to shell them to keep them at bay. I had to switch classes.

Also, when you ask how I didnt die to some other class doing this, do you mean how did I not die to some other class while I was standing still? Its because Infiltrators usually shoot people who stand still as compared to other classes who shoot the most threatening person to them first, because they have to. Infiltrators can just sit back and snipe otherwise useless people because they are easy. It doesn't have to do with a cloak. Anyone with longer ranged weapons would do the same, regardless of class.

You misunderstand what I meant. When I am talking about getting "clientsided", I specifically mean for the kill shot, not for clientsiding issues that normally happen in the game.

This statement is like saying that "Nobody finds getting killed any fun." Its just not true. Some people do, and they'll be the first to tell you that you are wrong. I find getting killed by an Infiltrator who outsmarted me or who I was trying to outplay fun, because I was close to beating them or they definitely outplayed me. I like seeing people play better than me.

And I didn't say it was a minority complaint, but its definitely not a majority, and forums don't really reflect that. If you want to reflect what the community thinks, don't ask the forums or the discord or the reddits. Thats where more experienced players in gaming go to vent and talk about their ideas and gripes. If you want to see what a community really thinks about a game, put an obligatory survey in the game that you have to take once before being allowed to play. That way, the WHOLE community that is currently playing the game is reflected in the stats. This is exploitable, of course, but meh. If thats the way the cookie crumbles...

EXACTLY! Thats my point! That infiltrators are JUST LIKE every other class. They think just a little different, but overall they are JUST LIKE every other class. Yet, people don't view them that way. All they see is a cloak (haha no they dont im so funny) and the fact that they didn't see them, and thats what drives the hate. But the simple fact is that they will do the exact same thing any other class would, that being that if they see success in what they just did, they are coming back. That goes for most aspects of the class. They will fight the same way, except you won't see them coming, so either try really hard to or don't try at all.

Alright, I get that you don't care if they use their cloak and you want them to only be able to attack from behind. What I'm saying is that they aren't that hard to counter head-on, and I just don't see how you, doing everything in your power, everything I have suggested, just can't fight them. I kill Infiltrators as a non-Infil, and I wonder what they are doing and why they are doing it. I play as an Infiltrator and get a kill or two and wonder why people didn't think I'd be coming if I just put recon on their tree. I just don't get it.

Please nerf Stalkers. They are more annoying than any other type of Infiltrator to me because you will not be able to find them without getting a good hit randomly, seeing them kill someone, seeing them move, EMPing them, or using a Darklight. If a class REQUIRES you to change your loadout to play against them, theres a problem.
  17. Scroffel5

Yes. I agree.
  18. Somentine

Applies to literally every class; you don't want to 'react' to any, regardless of their class abilities. What you ignore is the fact that Infils can be outside of render distance, and no you can't reliably play like an Infil is in every tree, around every corner, or even just sitting 100m away invisible, in what would normally be plain sight.

But again, let's see some proof of you doing it, consistently, and i'll change my tune.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT CLIENTSIDED MEANS?

And it's only the few same people who defend Infils, it's almost like there aren't much people on these forums.

Wow, and guess what? I was at X fight yesterday, and I saw 3 people trying to flank and killed them all before they even got close to where they were going. You know why? Because they were visible. But that isn't even the point, Infils should be the best flanker, and despite how obnoxious cloak is, i'd even buff it to be basically invisible at all times. What I have a problem with is the clientside nature of Infils, and I can see how that's a problem for you because you don't actually understand how it works as evidenced by all your moronic posts.

Ironically, infil's have the best chance of surviving being jumped due to cloak and NaC, baring some bases where ambushers/Icarus shine.

Come on bro, you've basically told us you aren't good at the game without directly telling us. Just show some actual proof of you not being garbo and practicing what you preach.
    • Up x 1
  19. InexoraVC

TL;DR Hi-end rig is much better than the low end.
    :))
    The main reason snipers are OP is that
    1. they see you, but you don't (most times)
    2. they ADS you. but you don't
    3. they shoot and get to cloak but you has a difficulties to see them

If decloaking/cloaking would take 3 sec each with loud sound and no ADS for an infiltrator - that would be ok.
  20. OpolE

ALOT OF REPLIES wow.

Ok so cloaking in Planetisde 1 was amazing. PS2 ruined it
    • Up x 1