[Suggestion] Containment Site attacker spawn buffs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Armagomago, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Armagomago

Overall I love the containment sites, mostly because I find them beautiful and cool. However, it's just not enticing to go fight there when I know how one-sided any attempt to attack them is. When I go there, I have the big guarantee that as long as the attackers aren't overpoping by insane amounts, they will not ever win.

I'm not sure if it can help enough, but I propose that instead of relying on the control points to enable the spawns, a couple of special hackable (instead of destroyable) SCUs can be added. When an attacker hacks an SCU (hackable by any class), its associated spawn is enabled. I imagine these would be placed somewhere along the way between a spawn and its point, basically as a way to make attackers have a steadier foothold when sieging the facility.
    I don't know if it's a good idea, so I want to hear opinions.

Side note, I also suggest adding new "floor arrow guides" starting from the attackers' spawns, might help the less experienced find the points.

Thank you for reading.
  2. RabidIBM

It's good to hear from people who want to improve the game, however I don't see the containment sites as salvageable. They're just a bad idea, and not one which should have surprised anyone. SNA rederred to as "The Pit of Despair", Ikanam is not liked, and now containment sites took the things which were not liked about those bases and exaggerated them to extremes.
  3. Armagomago

I don't think they are going to un-release the containment sites anytime soon, so might as well make them as enjoyable as possible