[Suggestion] Linux support

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Projekt95, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Projekt95

With the upcoming Steam Deck I wanted to ask if PS2 will be supported on Linux (As the anti cheat software BattlEye is already supported on Linux and will be in the future as well).
    Or, with no Linux support, if playing Planetside 2 inside a Windows virtual machine will still lead to a ban of the account.
    • Up x 1
  2. InexoraVC

look at your font color. Do you really think someone will answer ?
    • Up x 1
  3. csvfr

Why should playing through a VM be permitted? Is there a legitimate reason for that? I'd reckon framerates would suffer substantially from the virtualization. Windows and Linux are not mutually exclusive and a far better solution is to dual-boot into a Windows installation for gaming. This is quite easy to set up with the installers of popular Linux distributions such as Ubuntu and Manjaro, simply check the appropiate checkbox.
  4. FeepingCreature

It's supported now.
  5. ohmikkie

no it isnt. not even through streaming. just checked.
  6. FeepingCreature

I played for three hours on Proton yesterday. They turned on BattlEye Linux support.

Other success reports. Note that you may need to pass an option so that the launcher doesn't show a white surface.
    • Up x 1
  7. ohmikkie