PTS Update - Sept. 18, 2020...WTF is this: Harasser nanite cost from 150 to 300?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Twin Suns

meh...people will always make excuses for keeping their crutches.

Anyhoot. *Turbo escapes over a mountain and leaves thread* ;)
  2. Zipr

No balls to nerf the nc harasser? Cash grab for folks who already chose where they want discounted nanites? (j/s I have questions too) Sadly it's probably the least painful option for what may be a sore spot for some players... I mean they could have did something like what exactly Initially pulling a harasser is only good for 2K armor and requires 5 mins to build up the rest until reaching 3.5 (imho) Really aside from Air these folks have always appeared to do plenty of testing and research
  3. Zipr

Incidentally I do not think such an armor change would mean much The issue I'm guessing to address most involving concern over whole squads utilizing harassers (Low armor or not it's still a threat) Funny they haven't addressed infidels especially and their Sundy eliminating Flash's which is kinda comically OP being able to sometimes withstand actual Tank/RPG shots lulz
  4. Luicanus

It's an old thread I know but I actually have Auraxed the Skyguard. That being said much of that was done pre CAI and some of it was actually done by tank hunting or anti infantry support.

To clarify if you pull a Skyguard and follow an AP lightning, when it encounters an enemy vehicle 9/10 the enemy will focus the AP lightning. This gives you a chance to drive around tot he rear armour and open fire. Even MBTs take a fair bit of damage there while they're keeping their front armour facing the AP lightning.

Also a solo Sunderer will lose to you but it's a close enough thing that they won't realise it until there's no time left to escape.

Pressed into service against infantry it's actually not too shabby. It takes about 5-6 hits to kill most infantry so if you're in knife fighting range you can pick up a few kills there quite quickly. You just need to be very aware of C4 fairies, AT Mines and heavies getting on your rear armour.
    • Up x 1
  5. Exileant

:( I wish Sky-guard fired in a straight line.... ;) I think it should TRULY dual as an infantry killer, since it gives up on killing ground vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  6. T.A.94

Nothing there to disagree. I just want to mention that the Skyguard got stealth buffed by the last HMG changes dealing more dmg to MBTs, Lightnings and Sundies.

The outfit I am in recently pulled five Skyguard for fun. The dmg output was insane, when concentrating fire on the same target.
    • Up x 2
  7. ican'taim

this post is over a year old and isn't too relevant anymore because rumble seat repairs have been removed.
  8. Ray7

With rumble seat repair nerf the Harasser is already useless, since anybody, even infantry noobs can now finish it off with small arms when it's damaged and can't escape.
    Me and my friend stopped using Harassers, if that's what mr. Wrel wanted he's got it.
    In response - I cancelled my membership.
  9. Twin Suns

Chester the Cheetah and SNAP’D, his smack talking Cheez-it sidekick.

No more Fondue party’s then, bummer.
  10. Pandora's Lunchbox

Actually adding a stabiliser to the tanks' main guns might even the odds considerably. I feel like it makes more sense for them than a small car-mounted turret, anyway.
    • Up x 1