Daily crashes to desktop or gamefreezes from Koltyr

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by OneShadowWarrior, Oct 7, 2021.

1. OneShadowWarrior

On the Koltyr map I get daily crashes to desktop or game freezes. It always occurs during a loud explosion, usually my vehicle blowing up or if I am next to one, before people start saying it’s your system. I run a I-9 9990k Intel Cpu, 2080 RTX TI with 32 gigs ram and use the game on SSD. It’s not my system. I can pump well beyond 240 fps.
    • Up x 1
  2. Condude

Came by to verify this for me, though it occurs on other continents. Amerish is the last continent that this has happened on that I can verify, not sure which others it's been occurring on.

Like you, hardware is not an issue, i7 10500K, 2070 Super, 32 GB DDR4, NVMe install. Never had issues with crashes until recent updates.

OneShadowWarrior, do you have a high refresh-rate monitor? I'm running at 144MHz for mine. Just trying to find a common thread.
  3. OneShadowWarrior

Yessir I run a 144 hz high refresh rate monitor 1440 resolution.
    • Up x 1
  4. Mithril Community Manager

Greetings folks, if you can reproduce any of these crashes, please report back how you were able to do so. I understand OneShadowWarrior you said it happens during loud explosions, if I can get more folks confirming this is the case then it would be very helpful for us in diving deeper on these crash reports.

Thanks!
    • Up x 1
  5. Condude

@Mithril - The crashes typically happen in big battles, making loud explosions a possible component. While playing, I've been keeping track of heat measurements on GPU and CPU, as well as load on both hardware components, and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

I did notice tonight, during a crash just now (12:36AM EST 14 OCT 2021 - On Amerish again), in the Windows 10 Pro Event Viewer, "BEDaisy" unloaded right as the crash was happening. As I understand it, this is the Battle Eye component. It's hard to say whether it occurred before the crash or after. Looking at task manager performance charts, it definitely occurred right before gpu/cpu usage dropped sharply.

@Mithril - Considering both OneShadowWarrior and I both have 144MHz refresh rate monitors and are running at higher fps, can you determine if this might be negatively effecting the Battle Eye component and causing crashes? I've noticed in other games (particularly games with joint console/PC releases) that higher frame-rates can effect programmatic clocks and cause stuff to unsync and act funny (looking at you Fallout 4). I can't imagine PS2 would behave this way, but it's another angle to consider.

@OneShadowWarrior - Can you make it a point to check your event logs next time you freeze and crash and see if BEDaisy shows up around the time you crash?
    • Up x 1
  6. OneShadowWarrior

It only seems to happen only on Koltyr. I upgraded to a 240 hz monitor, no longer at 144 hz.

I’ll keep a steady eye on it and /bug when it occurs.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mithril Community Manager

Thanks for the updates. Let's dig further. Speaking on the crashes when explosions occur, if you can let me know which kind of explosion i.e. pumpkin grenade, tanks exploding, rocket launcher splash explosions etc. are the most common ones you see before crashing, this would help us further.
  8. OneShadowWarrior

I think I might have found it. Looks like it is something with variable refresh rate monitors. So G Sync will have to be disabled if you play this game with VRR.

So far I have seen zero issues with a Nividia graphics card running with a certified G Sync monitor.
    • Up x 1