Flail deaths need to communicate more

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Oct 7, 2021.

1. RabidIBM

I was using the flail quite extensively last night. If you played at the Berjess bridge battle on Connery last night, that was my base. It was a thick grind for about 2 hours, good times.

Anyways, for all the hundreds of kills I was getting with the flail, only a handful of enemies were hunting me. This says that most of the players dying to the flail have no idea how to counter it. It shows where the flail is when you die, but doesn't seem to explain that the flail fires at targets painted by a dude running around with a short range dart launcher. Most of them just kept respawning and running back to the same cover they got flailed in last time.

To be clear, I wasn't doing any dick moves like avoiding killing spawn points to allow myself to farm extra kills. They just kept bringing more sundies, I didn't always know where they were right away, so when in doubt I fired a dart at a cluster while I searched. I was actually trying to help the troops push, a difficult task while crossing a bridge while outnumbered.

Now, I did a post a while back where I went over things I would like to see fixed about construction https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/long-read-rabid-fixes-construction.256679/ and I talked a lot about the flail there. I now would like to add that it needs to do a better job of explaining to the people dying from flail that they should be looking for the guy with the darts.
  2. csvfr

Flail is countered by destroying the AI construction module closest to the Flail structure, or all off them in the rather rare case that several modules are placed. Killing the guy with the dart gun achieves nothing but A: alerting him/her that someone is angry, and B: stalling the artillery for the duration of the respawn timer + less than 600m valkyrie travel + 10-20 extra seconds, i.e. about a minute.