Game crashes without notification just before character menu

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by HopeOne, Sep 17, 2021.

1. HopeOne

Hello!

I played PS 2 for weeks without any issues, like every other game and program on my computer. There is literally no other software I have problems with at the moment.

But after that new patch this week the game won't start anymore.
    Launcher -> clicking PLAY -> after a few seconds music plays -> Game vanishes without any notification just before character screen.

I contacted support and after plenty of bug hunting there is nothing left to try despite installing Windows again (and since there was literally no problem before the last patch I'm not going to do that atm).

Measurements tried (maybe not complete):

- New installation 3x with and without Steam on HDD/SSD/NVME
    - Restarted Router
    - Verified files both in Steam AND Launcher
    - Deleted Files in LocalLow
    - Updated Windows several times
    - Updated all Drivers
    - Read log files (see attached)
    - Did go back to older graphics drivers (just in case)
    - Tried a "clean start"
    - Downloaded and clicked on every .net installation file I could find
    - Did chkdsk as Admin for C: and every other HDD/SSD/NVME.
    - Did sfc as Admin.
    - Unplugged every other hardware
    I provided the following files to support:
    Support tells me there is only one other report like this and it seems it's pretty rare.
    But I really want to play and would appreciate if a Dev could take an hour to look into this.

Best regards!
    • Up x 3
  2. Forrest Glenn

Hi there HopeOne, I have the same issue. Do you happen to be playing on an ultra-wide monitor? I was able to make the game launch by going to the game directory and changing the config file.

Try opening the UserOptions file and CHANGE FROM "Mode=Fullscreen" TO Mode=Windowed

Let me know if that helps. This bug needs a patch but if this workaround works for you maybe you can get in game.
    • Up x 1
  3. HopeOne

I love you! You are a true hero!

Yes, I'm in the character menu now - but I'm still not able to select my resolution of 5120x1440 without crahing the game.
    This still needs a fix.

But I'm delighted to be able to warp to Esamir again.

I'm installing it now on SSD again and try to figure out how I can select a reasonable resolution!
    • Up x 1
  4. HopeOne

Update: I was able to warp to Esamir and select "Fullscreen Windowed" without a crash.

But this still needs a fix imho.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pokletu

This is STILL not fixed, and I don't even see it on the "Known Issues" anymore. I can't even get to the option to change to windowed mode.
  6. Nobodytoyou

Getting the Same issue on my end , If I run the game windowed at 1920x1080 it's fine, the second I choose windowed 5760x1080 or full-screen windowed the game crashes.
  7. Pokletu

NOW it's fixed! October 7, 2021.
    • Up x 1
  8. Nobodytoyou

Fixed for me as well, glad to be able to play again.
    • Up x 1
  9. Whattheheck

They fixed it finally.