Seeker SLX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by YellowJacketXV, Sep 29, 2021.

1. YellowJacketXV

Who's the galaxy-brained madlad that gave a long range precision weapon (that can also explode) to Light Assaults?
    • Up x 4
  2. C4Cypher

They gave Infiltrators an explosive weapon that kills HA's in two body shots at any range.
    • Up x 2
  3. Bonemiser

Seeker feels AMAZING! I'm expecting a nerf. I don't see the weakness in the package that would make me take a Pump Shotgun over this thing.

1) Perfect aerial accuracy -- even without the attachment, the accuracy is as good as NS11C.
    2) two-shot kill at Battle Rifle ranges -- still as accurate as VS Horizon with Split-Bolt.
    3) NO RELOADS -- Betelgeuse BR/Shotgun for all Light Assaults, no directive grind needed.

They should really consider making it a 10 or 15 shot clip. Do you know how much ******* damage you can do with 80 shots back to back? You don't even have to wait for the damn thing to cool off! Mental.

Anyway I'm gonna be spamming the **** out of this until it gets nerfed, thanks Wrel.
  4. Bonemiser

Fracture Ammo really shouldn't exist. They've created an 80 shot Thumper that can double as a two-shot Battle Rifle, for Light Assault, with pinpoint hipfire. The time to kill is honestly not the greatest, but this weapon is annoying as hell to deal with, especially on Hossin when you can get two or three fairies in the trees just taking shots -- not even hitting them, just softening everyone with the AoE.
    • Up x 2
  5. YellowJacketXV

I absolutely love it.
    I also love hearing people seethe.
    Literally for the only reason that it has tactical advantage and not TTK advantage. This honestly reminds me of the pre-nerf Gatekeeper, which was an amazing weapon that was solely designed on applying as much pressure as possible to a location.

I don't even use it a lot save for certain maps with verticality and range in Amerish.
    If Flak Armor doesn't counter the explosive bolt that's the change I would make. Something like a heat mechanic might also be a little more fair but honestly I hope it stays mostly the same just because I love watching local meltdown that they can't hunker down in certain ways anymore.

100% love. 100% keep.
  6. Demigan

The problem is not that it is on the LA. The infiltrator will always be superior with any weapon compared to the LA with the same weapon. The problem is the obvious high power of an accurate high damage bottomless magazine weapon.
    • Up x 5
  7. RogueHydra

Just came on after work to this new gun being in play and I wanted to quit and cancel my sub after mere minutes of seeing how OP that gun is! SERIOUSLY!? And for LAs to have it!?!??!? They'd might as well give the LA's a DMR that explodes! That thing's more powerful than the ******* ARCHER! That can kill a heavy in 2 shots faster than a very talented infil with his/her sniper. And it can ALSO take out a max faster than the archer, which, IIRC, that was the point of the rifle to begin with right? And it can barely do that these days let alone properly kill another player unless that person is out for a stroll picking daisies. If this doesn't get a major nerf I want a refund on my Archer LOL! Honestly I want a refund on it anyway because it's nearly useless now anyway and it wasn't even remotely THIS ******* powerful when it was released.

SO many people in-game yelling how OP it is too btw. Just sayin (including people using it).
  8. YellowJacketXV

At the same time, can you 1v1 with it if someone is aware of you?
    When using the "aerial" approach, how many people do you take out before everyone notices you're an open target in the air?
    How well does this weapon function indoors with its preference to have the exploding bolts or spread bolts?

This weapon has a familiar approach to hovering in Hawken. Yes, if you go up you can score some good hits on people, problem is everyone else can also see you better. I like this sense of adding a depth of 3 dimensions to the game even further than it is. Think, be creative, and get rewarded.

People are having a knee-jerk reaction to this weapon because of one of it's natures. It is actually more of a niche weapon that does it's best in open fields. An infiltrator could arguably use it real well, but consider that if you were going for single target elimination a sniper or scout rifle is just a better option. People seem to be getting upset with Aerial Combatant, Drifter, Explosive Seekers (similar in nature to Hawken) but at the same time the drifting LA is basically sitting out in the open and someone has plenty of time to spot them.

I honestly give it two weeks before people get wise to the new tactics and approaches and people start calling it a "Nanites weapon".
  9. Twin Suns

Just picked up these cheese recipes from a Top Chef.

Cheese recipes:

Cloaked flash + filthy infil w/Seeker = Bitter tones with a sweet after taste.

Harasser + LA w/Seeker isn’t bad either. Hop out of moving H, jumpy jump and dish out a spread of AOE and jump into you’re H while it’s still moving. Turbo escape laughing. Very bitter with a smoky finish.

Enjoy the cheese.

o7
  10. OneShadowWarrior

In between this development and being stuck on Koltyr 24/7, nanoweave nerf, shattered warpgate and escalation each update just keeps getting progressively worse. Time to give this game a break for me, this is not fun anymore.
  11. Demigan

The problem is that LA's with accurate weapons has been a nightmare scenario for many despite it never going to be a problem. Without cloak they will never be able to take their time aiming, wait only for opportune moments, have a high risk of counter-sniping, have no easy escape from closer-ranged weapons should they come and beat you and they dont have mines&spotters to make defending themselves easier.

The only advantage LA's would have is getting to high spots faster, using the incredible fallacy that higher and more people to shoot means a better position rather than easier spotted and counter-sniped.
  12. Unlimited

I really like the weapon. It's very fun to use but the aoe on the Fracture bolts needs to get toned down no questions asked. It is straight up what thumper hoped it could be.
    I would not mind more weapons like this. Can't wait for the thing to find a place in the directive tree.
    Ironically if this weapon had a heat mechanic people mightve actually finally considered to take old cold heart xD
    • Up x 1
  13. FABIIK

My only gripe: why can't you buy it with certs ?

Now PS2 is REALLY Pay2WIn... :/
  14. C4Cypher

When are we going to buff the damage and AOE on explosive ammnunition on the Dragoon to balance with the monstrosity that is fracture bolts? Hell, if this is the route we're going to take, I'd love a buff to the AOE of the Archer.

Insult to injury, the Seeker doesn't appear to have any muzzle flash, and the tracers are frustratingly difficult to see. It's hard to tell where somebody is spamming you from.
  15. Novgdea

There is 2 of them. One you can buy with certs, the other is a special camo crossbow you need to buy with DBC.
  16. LodeTria

The one you buy with certs is further down the list.
  17. FLHuk

If just one person playing this game has this idea something VERY wrong has happened.

Thanks Wrel.
    • Up x 1
  18. Amador

One is available for certs, it is colored white. The other is cash, colored in black. A simple misunderstanding. These things happen.

Misunderstandings are certainly a problem. Likely because one is named "Seeker HLX" and the other is called "Demon Seeker HLX". If you were to list them alphabetically, they would not be found side-by-side.

Just another reason why the standard of naming conventions for PS2 needs to be upheld. Being:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    <Alpha-Numerical 1st> <Weapon Name 2nd>
    • HLX Seeker
    • HLX Demon Seeker
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thankfully we never ran into this issue when the Hunter QCX was introduced. But the naming conventions were also broken on that weapon as well and a potential problem that lies in wait.
  19. Crayv

What I want to know is why the thing has a higher projectile velocity than some of the SMGs? The Hunter/Heartstrings has less than HALF the velocity of this thing. WHY?!?