[Suggestion] Asking the devs politely.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DrPapaPenguin, Aug 30, 2021.

1. DrPapaPenguin

[IMG]

This guy does nothing but spawn in any fight currently going on and completely ruin it by aimbotting through textures.

I'm sorry but what are the developers doing about the cheating situation in this game? What is the anti-cheat software doing? Where are the admins?
    • Up x 3
  2. RiP0k

You will be told - "... Please write to the mail blah blah blah." Instead of at least giving the admin panel for those who will not really abuse it.
    • Up x 1
  3. OldSchoolD

Until this is fixed one should play NSO. The hack program cannot target NSO players.
  4. RabidIBM

Is that Miller? I've been seeing a lot of posts about that server lately.
  5. LordAnnihilator

Unfortunately, there hasn't been much major communication. What we do know is:
    1. There are no In-Game admins, and the /report function is practically useless - the dev team is too small to support that anymore.
    2. The best way to axe cheaters is to send video evidence to the cheater email. Dont recall what it is, but its easily the most effective way we have to get cheaters banned.
    3. Devs are aware of all the cheaters going around, but a lot of it is out of their hands - Battleye handles a lot of their anti-cheat. Supposedly. It isn't very clear I'm afraid, which only makes things worse...
    4. Everyone knows about the cheaters by now. Everyone is upset about it. Everyone is yelling at the devs to fix it, and people are actively quitting over it. But since the spike in cheating when Integration landed, it doesn't seem like a lot has been done.
    By all rights, we should be getting reassurances from our Community Manager that yes, its being worked on. But he never talks to us. Maybe I've been spoiled by Bungies Community Managers, who are always pretty open about stuff like this and dealing with the issues (as well as explaining why they can't necessarily be more open about how they deal with cheaters). But RPG/Daybreak/Whoever it is who is at fault here is barely communicating.
    I don't know if Mithril reads these threads. I don't know if the Devs do. But we need some communication ASAP, or no amount of updates is going to keep this from going the way of poor Titanfall.
    • Up x 4
  6. Towie

Good post.

I just feel sorry for all of the people didn't experience PS2 in the early days, when cheaters were rare and the hacks themselves were so crude they were laughable. Incredible game and nothing quite like it. I hope they get a grip on the situation.
    • Up x 1
  7. Aokiwasuke

I am the administrator of ps2cpc.site and I am trying to get in touch with the officials because we are the only organization that is maintaining the Chinese community. We tried to get DB to provide a quick response channel for banning cheaters extremely quickly, but nothing came back. Will feedback from the official forum be effective?
  8. BlackFox

Not really, Wrel (head developer) has the reputation of ignoring input that isn't his own idea
  9. Aokiwasuke

:( It's frustrating that we love the PS2 but can't do anything about cheaters
  10. LordAnnihilator

Join the club, it consists of basically the entire playerbase, ironically including some of the very cheaters we hate. Planetside is more than likely actively losing players and money because the devs, Battleye, Daybreak, WHOEVER is in charge won't do anything. Like I said in my post above, we are completely screwed and can barely do anything to help. There are people among us who would happily deal with cheaters for FREE, acting as in game moderators like we used to have. But there are no mods, and we have no power. Damn straight its frustrating.
  11. BorgUK1of9

Good post, like a few still here I played PS1 from 2003 on and off until PS2 was released. PS1 died very quickly when hackers took over and no GM's were there to do anything, we had hackers on day after day until everybody quit Werner server (EU) and they moved those of us that still wanted to play to Emerald (USA East). I have an immense feeling of deja vu going on right now, its like the last time.

Huge amount of low BR new characters (not new players, they clearly know the game) using sniper and aimbot, they seem to get to about BR40 before they either get bored or eventually banned.

I have now started to drift from PS into other games, although on my NS I seem to have an immunity to being targetted by one of the hacks.

12. LordAnnihilator

Well the thing about NSO is that they can be any faction. Its possible the hack makers haven't figured out how to correctly target hostile NSO players without accidentally murdering their own allies and getting weapon locked.

I do hope whoever is in charge does something, or at least SAYS something soonish. They clearly want to keep maintaining and updating this game, and if it goes the way of PS1 those updates won't happen.
  13. Aokiwasuke

The developers in our community have written a simple tool that currently provides the number of kills and headshots per hour at a frequency of every 10 minutes.

We are still testing this and it will allow for quick screening of players with abnormal stats.

I'm sure Daybreak could easily make such a tool, but they haven't done anything!

[IMG]

[IMG]

If the image does not display properly, you can check the link:

https://imgur.com/a/08dEeYU
    https://imgur.com/a/2PbJLhR