[Suggestion] About Koltyr gameplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HunKaLesi, Sep 23, 2021.

1. HunKaLesi

First of all, thanks for letting us play this map when the population is low. Since it is a small map, you can participate in really great battles when the population is low.

Many vehicles such as Liberator, Galaxy, Heavy Tank, Valkyrie cannot be used. In other words, you can allow the tools you want and turn off the ones you want. That means you can fix the problem.

It is enough to have the Sunderer, which allies can respawn, or the Flash tool to travel personally.

No need for Lightning and ESF. Because they really are quite disturbing on a map like this. All they do is **** into real combat with anti-infantry weapons and they ruin that war

I understand the reasons why you can't play on other maps, but if you can't "still play infantry" on such a small and underpopulated map, I think you're inept at playing.

We get annoyed enough by such players on normal maps. It's really not the right move to allow this on such a tiny map. I'm sure there are dozens of people who think like me. I hope you turn these tools off at the next server maintenance.

If they are very uncomfortable with this situation, we will play 20-30 people less than the current server population. This does not affect us, on the contrary, it allows us to have a more enjoyable war.

#RemoveLightning&ESFinKolytr :(
    • Up x 6
  2. RabidIBM

Hard no on this from me. Just because you don't want tanks to exist doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to play them. More players will be put off by their removal to the point that they log out than will be happy enough to stay logged in because they are disabled.
  3. Bonemiser

I *greatly* appreciate that there is a continent with MBTs, Harassers, Liberators, Galaxies and orbital strikes hard-banned. However, I'm willing to admit that it's important for the game to have some kind of ground and air combat vehicles accessible on Koltyr. Dealing with HESH Lightnings, Kobalt Sunderers and Banshee Mosquitoes is something I'm willing to tolerate for the sake of combined arms combat.

That said, yes I'd love to have viable anti-air and removal of bolt-action Infiltrators. However that's not going to happen, so just banning air vehicles is fine too.
  4. Clone117

Nso have no esf access on koltyr.
  5. Lizbon

For example, the maximum number of tanks that can be on Kolytr is 30-40, I have never seen more. Some of those who play tanks here necessarily play with tanks because there are too many vehicles around. But some of them unfortunately only try to farm in the vehicle because their game skills are low.

To summarize, imagine that 20 people farm with a tank. Let's assume here that 20 players leave the game when the tanks are disabled. The number of people who are bothered by tanks is much more than that. Considering that at least 50 people left the game. The delay you mentioned will be more.

In short; Closing vehicles in Koltyr does not affect the game much. 20 people leaving the game or switching to other servers does not disturb those who play there. On the contrary, the war will be more enjoyable.

As someone who uses tanks all the time, I understand those who advocate this. However, Auraxis is not just a game specific to the vehicle farm, it is not difficult to improve your skills for this game. Just try.
  6. Guazy

Thanks for raising a good topic. @hunkalesi

We already use too many vehicles on all maps. I think there is no harm in closing the vehicles in Koltyr. We hope this is approved by the developers and we can play more actively in infantry battles. +1 :)
  7. YellowJacketXV

Hard pass.
    If I can spawn Javelins, lightings are perfectly fine. They're cheap and all sides can spam. That and due to the nature of the map armor dies really quick. Plus it adds a lot of fun chaos in this small little battle royale map. I'm not gonna lie, Koltyr right now is what PlanetSide Arena WANTED to be but couldn't. Constant, head-banging war.

I got almost 300 certs JUST repairing and dropping max level ammo crates. This stuff is absolutely nuts and makes me excited for early morning Emerald. The only issue is the people that want to kill fights.

Personally, I think ANT without building should be an option. I mean ANT without building kinda bites but what if there was just a HUGE pile of cortium near the warp gate that you could mine for ANT abilities and send them out into the fray too?

Seriously, I want MORE chaos. Chaos makes this game fun. I don't care about your KDR, nor mine.
    • Up x 1
  8. RabidIBM

Really? I think it would be kind of fun to build on Koltyr. The two worst hazards for builders are 1. nobody defends my base when it's attacked and 2. My base was never attacked so I wasted my time building it. Koltyr is so small that any base would see action. I know some people don't like PMBs, but the exclusion zones around the main bases are big enough that you could go around if you wanted to, the PMB would just be a forward staging ground and fortified hard point.
  9. Demigan

This stems from the bad balance between vehicles and infantry. Should we really just ban vehicles instead of actually fixing the problem?

Give infantry new utilities. Non-lethal ones that let you avoid detection or fire from tanks and lethal ones that let you beat tanks before they can escape with ease (if necessary by nerfing tanks so you can take longer but still kill them). You can have a large variety of such tools easily. Nanites would destroy nanites, fair.
  10. Guazy

Or we can get rid of these annoying vehicles with a small change in the map.

Maybe such a change or the better. :D
    [IMG]

Being in a confined space is enough for us to get rid of vehicles.

- Also, adding 1 of each type of facility allows new players to learn these bases on the map.
  11. RabidIBM

Lizbon I think you overestimate how many people agree with you. Also your assertion that vehicle players are low skill is very simplistic. Furthermore you aren't playing the situation out. If too many "low skill" players are drawing anti-infantry vehicles they will encourage their opponents to draw non-infantry things which kill vehicles.

Anyways, that's the 2 cents of a "low skill" vehicle main who I guess is just consistently lucky against opponents in vehicles...since skill has nothing to do with it apparently.
  12. RabidIBM

I wouldn't do this. The bases at the middle of Koltyr are somewhat distinct from the bases on other continents. Part of why I advocated for Koltyr to be the low pop continent was because I wanted to see some real action at them.

That said, it wouldn't take that much resource to slap together a second small continent which is just 3 warpgates with 3 major facilities in a triangle. With this game aging low pop hours are only going to grow, even as mergers happen. A continent which is just the three major facilities would also make a sort of 2nd tier test server for changes. Of the three I would pick amp stations as most in need of work. Dahaka on Indar is where pushes go to die.
  13. Guazy

Lizbon criticizes those who create a character in the game and farm only with a tank or plane. I don't think it's unfair for those who only spend time in a vehicle.

Let's get back to our topic.

We all know what purpose Kolytr serves as much as you do.

This map design was done in 1 minute. So it was designed purely as an example. I am not a game designer, my aim is to present my idea. I did not make any claims so that the map would be designed in the same way.

The number of facilities here may be maybe 15. It all depends on the solution the developers will come up with for these tools. Here, it is necessary not to think only of the players who drive vehicles.

Here, a change/update should be introduced that can benefit all players.

Even if these vehicles will not be removed from Kolytr, with such a map change, players can easily play as infantry.

Vehicles have no function in a confined space. They can roam freely outside in the company of flowers and insects.

On other maps, we already spend the whole day between vehicles. At least we can have a good time on a low-populated map.