Alert not granting rewards

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sumguy720, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Sumguy720

SERVER: EMERALD

Reproduction steps (speculative)
    1. Be playing an NSO character (aligned with VS faction in this case)
    2. Participate in an entire alert (may also reproduce for partial alert not sure)
    3. Wait for alert to conclude. (Loss, in this case)

Expected results:
    1. Certs, XP, and ISO awarded for loss
    2. Chat messages showing record of rewards.

Actual results:
    1. No certs, XP, or ISO awarded.
    2. No chat messages reflecting rewards. Just a "Indar unlocked" message.

[IMG]

Additional details:

* It only appears to be some alerts, not all. I got rewards from alerts on saturday night (September 18) but did not get rewards from the amerish alert today (September 19) ending at ~ 17:40 EDT.

* It's been suggested it may be related to the type of alert but I don't know what type of alert this was.

* I was playing an NSO character aligned with the VS faction (non-freelance).

* I was alive when the alert ended. NC was victorious. Margin of loss was ~1%

* It seems that this affects some players but not others. Might correlate with whether they are NSO or not.

Previously reported in March of 2020, might be a related root cause if the issue has come up multiple times.https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...ts-dont-give-certs-iso-implants-again.253657/
    • Up x 4
  2. Katshina

you might be onto something about NSO, im playing a NSO Vanu On Emerald as well, but i can confirm that i've had 9+ alerts not give me rewards, 5 of which we won. ever single one i was online when the alert started and participated 100% of the duration of the alert. copy and pasting my other post here to merge the thread:

I don't know whats going on here but the alerts just arent' giving me any ISO, any certs or any EXP, despite me being online from start to finish, being active and participating.

I am not the only one:

at the end of alert you can see tons of people ******** about this

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

i think its time this gets attention and gets addressed, it's starting to irritate me to the point of not wanting to play, and it feels incredibly bad because i literally bought exp boosters this week for the express purpose of leveling my new NSO, which a lot of exp pretty heavily comes from the 75k exp drop at an alert win, which im not getting despite putting over a dozen hours into the game since i payed for these boosters. at this point i feel like i've wasted my time, AND money. will teach me to never buy boosters again
    • Up x 1
  3. Novgdea

It's not a NSO only bug. I got the same with my TR chara.
    • Up x 2
  4. Killua300

Yeh I'm VS, It's definitely not NSO only. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with using recursion? I doubt it but IDK. Do you guys use recursion?
    • Up x 1
  5. wienerhammer

It's the new Conquest alerts (when the population is high).

I've had the same thing happen to me (no rewards after the alert), and it's always been a Conquest alert. As TR (not NSO) also on Emerald.

If you're not sure about the alert type, check ps2alerts. You'll notice that these Conquest alerts are not shown there (probably because they are a new alert type that ps2alerts does not check for).
    • Up x 2
  6. Mithril Community Manager

This has been escalated to the team, thanks all for reporting it!
    • Up x 2
  7. Katshina

Thanks mithril, next time the bug happens ill track the exact time on the server and see if i can provide any useful metadata, seeing a lot of threads like these https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside..._sick_of_not_getting_credit_for_missions_and/ pop up on reddit, its clearly plaguing a ton of people

Obviously given the nature of alerts im limited in what information i can provide since i can't really test too many variables, i can however confirm that the bug has happened in instances where i logged into the game after the alert started, and has also happened in instances where i was on the continent when the alert started, as well as on another continent.

We know so far it's not limited to faction and might be tied to emerald server performance issues, as these bugs have happened during prime time mostly (with the exception of 2 times it bugged at late hours)

It might just be related to a wider issue on stability on emerald.
    • Up x 2
  8. Novgdea

Forgot to say, i play on Cobalt server, so it's something else than "emerald only".
    • Up x 1
  9. Katshina

good to know, its probably the implemenetation of the new alert type then as people have pointed out this has only happened with the new ID of alerts
    • Up x 2
  10. Killua300

yeh you are probably right, the 2 times it happened to me it was high pop conquest alerts
    • Up x 1