[Suggestion] Name ~3 random good things that would make you consider Exp. Stims

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bonemiser, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Bonemiser

Old Experimental Stims was pretty trash. New Experimental Stims is even more trash. So, riddle me this: what random buffs on medkit use would, despite being random, still be good enough for you to consider using Experimental Stims?

My suggestion (just spitballing here, don't stress too much about this part):
    • +10% movement speed for 8 seconds
    • +50 to shield and cap for 8 seconds
    • +8% weapon fire rate for 8 seconds
    The above might be pushing it, but it's at least something that I'd maybe consider taking. No one is going to want a 20% chance to maybe get Safe Fall, Vampire, Battle Hardened, Heavyweight, or whatever the last one is. These implants are already weak, and there's no situation where you'd want to have these randomly.
    Any ideas?
  2. KastianJJ

A guaranteed buff, something as little as move speed would be great.
  3. Gustavo M

Eh, a buff that gives a rank 1 effect of every listed implant every tap would suffice.
  4. LodeTria

A single overshield that functions like the HA one.
    A one time super jump like a LA icarus jet.
    A revive pulse much like a revive grenade.
    A 10 second buff that acts as a motion spotter.
    A level 1 ammo pack spawns from you.

These are not class specific, anyone can have them.
  5. Demigan

1: all bonuses should be relevant to a certain task. If its unreliable and you might get a bonus you cant use for breaching for example then its not a good thing to pick.
    2: all bonuses should be different or superior to taking an implant. You can rely on the implant, not on the stim.
    3: be strong enough to justify switching weapons twice to apply it and have a limited timespan for its use, not to mention pay resources.
    • Up x 2
  6. Shadowpikachu

What if it was context sensitive like, if used at full hp you get some resistance, if used to heal you get some move speed.

Extrapolate with a priority list and get an approximate 'always useful buff' with it like:

Very increased reload speed when guns are almost all out, or just adds bullets to clips

Push-force knockback when an enemy is right up against

Movement speed when healing

+50 max HP when used at full health with nothing else going on

This would add some mastery and a small subgame of management that would really make the implant feel 'Exceptional' like other bigger gameplay wideners like carapace/bionics.

And ofc every buff would have different lasting effects, like you can have strong momentary things and lingering stuff like +50 max HP.

That or go FULL lootbox and just make it completely dumb, letting it buff or nerf stats at entire random or one at a time, cant wait to cripple myself when i take a stim because i got unlucky the same vein i cant wait to achieve a lower TTK because i chugged 3 stims and ran in like a rabid mongoose.
  7. Liewec123

its just a bad implant imho, random bonuses are just bad i think.

i'd standardise it and maybe make it give a mini version of the other kit
    pop a resto kit (which heals you for 70 hp per second for 12 seconds) and get an instant 100hp.
    pop a med kit (which heals you for 500 hp instantly) and get 25 health per second for 5 seconds.
    • Up x 2
  8. Nighda Venesis

And maybe using infradine could give you both of those mini effects. I'm all for standardizing it; I also think keeping it random keeps it undesirable.
    • Up x 1