[Suggestion] New darklight options.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Demigan, Aug 6, 2021.

1. AllRoundGoodGuy

At one point did thermals display cloaked infiltrators? I can't recall but I seem for some reason to think that way back when they used to.
    • Up x 1
  2. BlackFox

There are implants that limit the detection rate down to 10 meters I think and motion sensors don't pick up crouching enemies

They did, but that was changed. I heard the reason was that too many people used it to hunt infiltrators down
  3. LordAnnihilator

Which is incredibly dumb. Because if everybody is SPECIFICALLY using it to hunt down Infils and never for anything else, its not because "its OP", its because its the only sodding option. We knew darklight was trash then, its trash now, and THAT is presumably why we spammed IR sights and vehicle thermals. Because they were the best we had.

Nobody uses IR Sights these days, or if so rarely. Because if you're going to use IR, the Infravision implant is a lot less punishing to use and can have a loadout built around it, and can function on everything. IR Sights are boxy, slow to scope, and its just easier to give up a suit slot for a better sight and infravision. At least, thats the justification I'd use if I ever wanted to use IR.

Most of us on the forums agree on this - something has to happen regarding Infils. More anti-Infil equips is one such Idea. Personally, I would put such equips into the same slot as the Merit Gear. It would certainly give the slot more utility, not that it needs it between grenade jammer, air attack blocker, pocket flash, vehicle block, and construction killer.