A hacker a day keeps the player away.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MotokoKHammond, Aug 29, 2021.

1. MotokoKHammond

The title says it all, every single day for the past 2 weeks there has been at least 1 player hacking once a day every single day on Miller. Obviously I can not speak for other servers if the problem is as rampant, and I am not talking about the "is this guy hacking he is so good and never misses" type of hackusation. I am talking about the people flying threw the sky in a Magrider while shooting people threw walls kinda hacking, ending up killing 100-200-300 kills a second, and guess what? those poor people don't get those deaths refunded, oh no, everyone who dares continue fighting's KDR takes a nose dive while the devs do literally nothing, as these hackers are playing for HOURS before they get removed. These players don't effect just 1 fight or 2 fights ether, these players speed hack across the map hopping from fight to fight to fight destroying every fight on the map, to the point they end up shaping the tide of an entire alert, giving whatever faction they happen to be playing on a free win no matter how dominant the other previously wining faction was.
    • Up x 2
  2. PlanetBound

There's a lot of money in cheats. Consider it advertisement. A month or so back there was a hack that enabled the user to shoot you through walls and rocks. The player who instantly shot you was also behind walls which was obvious from the kill cam.
  3. RabidIBM

I have to wonder about people who spend money on cheating at a free game. I've heard of having no life, is it physically possible to have negative life?
    • Up x 1
  4. MotokoKHammond

XD Advertisement for what? An advert to scare away all the legit players and bring more people who want to buy hacks and not support the game so the money go's in the pocket of some ne'er-do-well instead of the pocket of the company that actually owns and maintains the game?
  5. Liewec123

Is this in response to the one on miller a few days back? 6700+ kills over nearly 4 hours.
    Almost 30 kills per minute, FOR NEARLY 4 HOURS.

We can only imagine how many people reported that loser over those hours,
    But as we all know the report 'feature' does nothing...

And 'Battleye'? The intrusive program that we signed an invasive "we get to scan all of your files" agreement to use,
    Why is it so utterly useless?

Yeah unless DBG do something, these script-kid losers will bleed the game dry of its playerbase.
  6. Ssymm

Yesterday there was no hacker.

A few days ago there was one. His nickname was GM000006 or something like that. He was NC. A lot of players reported him by using /report command and he got banned after ~30 minutes. But then he came back with a new account GM000007, we reported him again and he got banned again.

So you can actually do something to them. Obvious hackers are getting banned quickly, but since it's a Free to play game, they can come back as long as they want...
  7. MotokoKHammond

It's in response to the fact there has been 1 blatant hacker per day, every day mainly during prime time on miller. It could be the same person making a new account each time as it tends to only be one person per day, not multiple people, but it's still a rather large issue. As for battleye, well planetside 2 is not a big customer to them, they run that anti cheat over many larger higher paying customers so sadly we are just not there priority. However we only have ourselves as the community to blame, years back the devs made there own anti cheat and people purposefully screwed with the system and purposefully went to great lengths to trigger it & push it, then complaining about it so much the devs gave up trying. SO we only have ourselves to blame on that front, however that does not mean we should stand for the state of rampant hacker issues of late, and whether it means adding there own systems or changing things up and trying a different corporate anti cheat, or even just forking out more money to battle eye to get them to be more diligent.... then so be it.

There was one yesterday by the name of WADSDA or something to vain, he was going around on VS, he first was flying around in a Magrider shooting planes out of the sky, then he was flying above bases with a lasher and killing everyone inside spawn rooms. The day before that there was a hacker called IKAIIMA000 something, he was doing around about the same, also VS, went around flying in a max and as a heavy assault, killing hundreds of players in spawn rooms. If you have not seen that it has been once a day every day... well you have just been lucky enough to miss it for that day. I on the other hand have not been so lucky.
  8. Ssymm

Oh. I'm VS on Miller that may be why I haven't seen him. I also play on Emerald and I haven't seen hackers yet. You just have to report him and he will get banned. I agree it's annoying but stupid hackers like this get bored quickly of their dumb and useless gameplay.

I'm more concerned about inconspicuous hackers, I suspect there are more of them than we believe but since there is no kill cam it's hard to tell if it's just a very good player or a hacker. Yet some players are really suspicious.
  9. PlanetBound

Money, advertisement, more sales. Come on.
  10. TrojonKing 1st

Other's make a light buld that last for 100 year's but hide it from view.
  11. MotokoKHammond

Money in the pockets of Hack Programmers. Advertisement to those who are interested in buying hacks. More sales of hacks & not the game (as its free) because people realise how easy it is to get away with hacking.

Hack's don't promote game growth they do the opposite. When Fallout 76 first came out it was full of hackers and people where having there cash shop items removed and stolen from them, combined with the myriad of bug's the game population plummeted and it's only now making a recovery BECAUSE the dev's sorted out hacks and bugs.

If someone see's advertisements for hacks they don't go "hmm I want to go play that game legitly and go buy cash shop items which gives the developers money to further develop the game." No instead they say "nah **** that game it's full of hackers I will go play something else like Battlefield."

So your point is moot.
  12. PlanetBound

Nooo...I'm not promoting it. I meant that's why someone was blatantly showing off their hack. They don't care if it ruins the game, there's plenty more.